SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Retailers Will Likely See a Consolidated List of Options for Saturn this Week

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Retailers Will Likely See a Consolidated List of Options for Saturn this Week

Quote:
Jamie LaReau from Automotive News: Late this week, Saturn dealers likely will get a narrowed-down list of options for the troubled General Motors brand. Last week, GM marketing chief Mark LaNeve said those options include "everything from a new dualing pattern to a spinoff to a partnership to an outright sale." In a two-day meeting late last week, GM and members of the Saturn Franchise Operations Team narrowed the options.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
CurveConcept
CurveConcept is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Retailers Will Likely See a Consolidated List of Options for Saturn this Week

What is a new dualing option?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CurveConcept's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CurveConcept reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CurveConcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
saturnplace
saturnplace is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Retailers Will Likely See a Consolidated List of Options for Saturn this Week

Moving the brand from a stand-alone franchise to something like Cadillac/Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnplace's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnplace reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
CurveConcept
CurveConcept is on a distinguished road

Thank you! That makes sense.

-Charlie, what are your thoughts/ideas/comments?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CurveConcept's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CurveConcept reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CurveConcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
todaresqSL2
todaresqSL2 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
2008 Astra XR

I think dualing it can be a good idea... as long as those that join with others still keep to the Saturn business philosophy.

While they said they were going to focus on 4 core brands... as with Pontiac, Saturn could be the niche product line for a different grouping.

So there could be:
Buick/Pontiac/Cadillac/GMC Truck combo centers.

It could be called a GM Center... as one of our locals has done already.

and

Chevrolet/Saturn as they did in Harlem already.

Smaller towns that currently have strictly Chevy dealers should stick to that... and be able to special order a Saturn if requested... like they probably special order Corvettes.

Larger towns could have both stand alone separate retailers and dealers if they have the volume... but mostly shared facilities... but still a separate showroom where possible.

One difference though between my idea for Chevy/Saturn locations and how Toyota/Scion do it... I don't think every Chevy location should be a Saturn location as well if there are more than one Chevy dealer in a town.

For example in this county, there are:
  • Two Chevy dealers with one location each and no other brands.
  • One Chevy dealer with one location that also has a Toyota/Scion building and a BMW building. Each with Separate buildings, but share parking and service.
  • One Chevy dealer with 13 marks at 5 locations... including Saturn.

If they follow my idea, or similar, I only think the current Saturn franchisee should sell & service Saturns.

Now, there is a market to the east with one Chevy dealer... and one to the west with 3 chevy dealers. Neither of those markets have Saturn retailers.

Since the one to the east only has one Chevy dealer... but is a small market, could add it as special orders.

The market to the west is large enough to keep vehicles on the lot... however, the largest of the 3... which has 13 franchises... I doubt would be able to keep with the Saturn philosophy. While they have sold will over 20,000 vehicles last year *55 a day*, I have not heard many positives about them. One of the smaller Chevy dealers would work better.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to todaresqSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help todaresqSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
todaresqSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

A few years ago I posted that Saturn could become Chevrolet's GEO and sell imports under the Saturn name. No one took me serious then...

Tuesday will be an interesting day...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote