SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
ken4jd
ken4jd is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Persistent P0410 code 99 sc2

Hey everyone. I've had a very annoying problem with my 1999 SC2 and the code p0410 that keeps coming up. I know so far that it has something to do with the secondary intake system. I've taken it to a local shop for the past 2 months looking for a fix with pretty much no luck. I know it might be stupid for me to keep bringing it back but i really need to keep costs down cause I'm pretty much broke. Anyway, along with the code, my car has lost about 10-15 mpg and seems to be loud at times and even not shifting into gear when driving on the highway. I know thats where i'm losing the mileage but I was just hoping someone had the problem before and knew a general fix. Any help is appreciated! Thanks for any help

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ken4jd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ken4jd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ken4jd is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
David R
David R is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XE
1997 SW2
Default Re: Persistent P0410 code 99 sc2

Don't know much of anything about secondary air. We don't seemed have it on our cars up here, had an AMC Hornet (a what?) that had it, but that was a long time ago.

Did a quick search of the internet. These links may help you.

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0410
http://www.obd-codes.com/forums/view...php?f=1&t=3452

Then second link probably discribes your problem quite nicely

David R

~I'm not an authority on anything~

2009 Astra XE 5sp 175K km
2000 Honda Civic SI 5sp 172K km, AKA EX Coupe - Gone
1997 SW2 DOHC Auto 325K km - Stored for winter, used in summer

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David R's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David R reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
David R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Persistent P0410 code 99 sc2

Almost every malady has been covered many times including this one. Have you tried looking at the bottom of your post page for similar threads that may have your answer? Some posts carry on and on without ever answering the question while others are posted by members with good explanations for finding and fixing the cause. The hard part is wading through fluff to get the answers. This secondary air injection system may not be causing the mileage drop and be one of several issues to look at.

The main problem with almost every S-series car is with the original engine coolant temperature sensor (ECTS) failure if not replaced with the brass one. Using the Forum Jump below to find the How-to library will help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote