SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Could the 2010 Equinox been the new Vue?
YES 8 50.00%
NO 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 AM   #1
darnell89
darnell89 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
Default SATURN Vue Vs. 2010 Chevrolet Equinox

If SATURN wouldn't had went Opel style, do you think GM would have designed it similar to the 2010 Equinox? The New Equinox is amazing with the design. Looks 100% better than the current model. I could see a SATURN version of the vehicle looking even better than the Equinox with maybe a more refined design inside, and out. The design has a Cadillac SRX, and Mercedes-Benz M-Class look on the 2010 Equinox. It saids it has a EPA of 30MPG on the 2.4L 4-Cylinder with a 182 hp, and 3.0L 255+ hp V6 engine.

Look @ the pictures, and tell me if GM would have gave this to SATURN.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010 Chevy Equinox.jpg (53.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 2010 Chevy Equinox 7.jpg (92.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 2010 Chevy Equinox 2.jpg (44.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 2010 Chevy Equinox 12.jpg (96.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 2010 Chevy Equinox 4.jpg (41.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2010 Chevy Equinox 8.jpg (79.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 2010 Chevy Equinox 5.jpg (47.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 2010 Chevy Equinox 9.jpg (88.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 2010 Chevy Equinox 3.jpg (50.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 2010 Chevy Equinox 13.jpg (97.7 KB, 48 views)

SATURN FAN 4 LYFE (Darnell)

Last edited by darnell89; 02-02-2009 at 04:11 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to darnell89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help darnell89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
darnell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 06:41 AM   #2
aquatechie
aquatechie is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: SATURN Vue Vs. 2010 Chevrolet Equinox

THAT should have been the 2nd generation Vue! The exterior styling shows a more logical progression from the 02-07 models than the Korean inspired jellybean that is the 08-09. I'm also glad to see the side mirrors were changed as the one on the 08-09 didn't really seem to fit with the rest of the vehicle. I'd buy that over the current Vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to aquatechie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help aquatechie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
aquatechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Definitely more visually appealing than the new VUE, though the instrument cluster doesn't really work for me.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
FGCA_XRL
FGCA_XRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

I don't see a lot of a difference between them tbh. It looks like they took the Vue, slapped the Chevy grille on it and called it a day. The new steering wheel is worse, the headlights are MUCH worse, overall I really don't like it. I liked how the Equinox sorta tried to look like a Trailblazer. And I especially liked how the Equinox Sport looked like a miniature TBSS. If you blacked out the old Equinox's tails it could look pretty decent.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but both the new Vue and the new Equinox look ugly, and even more cheap. You can still see the Daewoo influence, and frankly they look like every other CRV/Rav4/whatever the Koreans have out there.

The new SRX will be a travesty on several levels. Probably the worst decision Cadillac has ever made, move it's midsize premium SUV to the cheapest SUV platform they had. Frankly, that's just stupid. How many people are going to plunk down 50k for an SRX that is largely the same as a XL7, Vue, or Equinox for 30k less? Keep it on the CTS platform and keep it sporty(and premium). Or put it on the Lambda, and keep the Escalade on the fullsize platform.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FGCA_XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FGCA_XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FGCA_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
PortCityShawn
PortCityShawn is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

Looks to me like a Traverse/Outlook that's been left in the dryer too long... not that that's a bad thing.

Shawn

Shawn Beaudoin
eBusiness Manager
Saturn of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, NH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortCityShawn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortCityShawn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortCityShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
darnell89

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatechie View Post
THAT should have been the 2nd generation Vue! The exterior styling shows a more logical progression from the 02-07 models than the Korean inspired jellybean that is the 08-09. I'm also glad to see the side mirrors were changed as the one on the 08-09 didn't really seem to fit with the rest of the vehicle. I'd buy that over the current Vue.
The new equinox is so much nicer than the bubble vue that is on the market now. I wish they would have kept the more box style look, then trying to compete with the CRV's bubble look. I wonder how GM came up with something like this one a chevy. It's kinda weird to see a nicer small SUV in the line-up for chevy instead of Cadillac or Buick.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help darnell89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Looks like a small Outlook. The current VUE looks small from the outside. This vehicle looks more substantial. I almost could go for it but after all the warranty visits with my VUE and LS1 and items that may fail, GM is off my list. Looks like GM may have a winner but the are "A day late and a dollar short".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ricksLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
darnell89

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksLS1 View Post
Looks like a small Outlook. The current VUE looks small from the outside. This vehicle looks more substantial. I almost could go for it but after all the warranty visits with my VUE and LS1 and items that may fail, GM is off my list. Looks like GM may have a winner but the are "A day late and a dollar short".
You are so right. They are late with everything. I like the new GM, but I might just cross them off my list as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

I wouldn't be too quick to abandon the general ... I've owned 32 vehicles so far in this life ... from around the world ... and all have had warts of one type or another.

Some folks would have you believe Subaru's are the cats meow but I've owned a 89, 90, 2000 and 2002 and the latest ... a Forester ... has had coolant leaks, slipping transmission, piston slap and timing belt tensioner issues. If you think any of those are peculiar to my Subie use Google and you'll see 1000's of hits.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I think GM did a terrible job on the new VUE and that the '10 Equinox would a better vehicle to have based the VUE. When you think about it, the Equinox was built off an extended VUE platform. Change the head and tail lights, slap on some polymer skin and call it the '10 Saturn VUE.

I read in Motor Trend that GM was thinking of using the Outlook platform for the new SRX. Don't know if the General would do it or not because of retooling cost to make it RWD. I also read that car companies read these forums and get some of their ideas from them. So, if anyone at GM is reading this, take note to what people are posting in this forum. The current VUE looks like a Hyundai Tucsun or KIA Sportage.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #11
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin05VUE View Post
I read in Motor Trend that GM was thinking of using the Outlook platform for the new SRX. Don't know if the General would do it or not because of retooling cost to make it RWD. I also read that car companies read these forums and get some of their ideas from them. So, if anyone at GM is reading this, take note to what people are posting in this forum. The current VUE looks like a Hyundai Tucsun or KIA Sportage.
They're considering using the Lambda platform of the Outlook for the Escalade. The new SRX has already been shown, it's based off of Theta Premium.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote