SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
jonus311
jonus311 is on a distinguished road

Default check engine light and antitheft light 2004 L300

Here I am again folks,
On the 2004 Saturn L300 (4cyld), I just recently replaced a bad engine control module. Now the car has its emmisions light on, check engine light on, and antitheft light randomly comes on 2 weeks after the module replacement. This just started happening today, but when I took the car in earlier to autozone for a diagnostic, it was saying random misfiring piston and catalatyic problem. But these were two previous codes that (I thought) had been resolved. I put in a new catalatyic converter and a new engine control module.
I read on other threads that it could the Body Control Module (BCM).
Does anyone have any suggestions before I take it to a mechanic?
Thanks for your help!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jonus311's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jonus311 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jonus311 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: check engine light and antitheft light 2004 L300

I read your other posts about the ignition control module failure so this new problem may be related or a new one as far as the check engine and anti-theft light turning on. Emissions light? Where?

If the check engine light flashes, it indicates damage may result to your converter if you continue driving. Some members lose their converters in as little as 10 miles. The factory anti-theft system, if I'm not mistaken, will flash its security light if a theft attempt is made (no engine run possible because the fuel pump's disabled) but light up if there's a fault in the system to alert you that its disabled leaving the car without protection. The security light going on and off may light up the check engine light. Same problem but only one can be read by Autozone when the SES light remains on.

Is the random misfiring from the ignition control module problem or an assumption of continuing problems?

BTW, update your info as the L300 has the 3.0L V6 engine while yours is the L200 2.2L 4-cyl. engine. The BCM causes other problems as the car acts "possessed" with lights, horn, and wipers going at random. Check past threads about expensive BCM replacements. Only Saturn can program replacements.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
s3nfo
s3nfo will become famous soon enough

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: check engine light and antitheft light 2004 L300

In the last year of production Saturn in their infinite wisdom decided that a designation change would help sell cars. So, they made everything an L300 followed by a .X to designate engine and trim.
L300.1 = L100
L300.2 = L200
L300.3 = L300

Technically you can have an L300 with a 2.2 engine, but technically it would be a L300.1 or L300.2

Jerry N

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

Groucho Marx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s3nfo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s3nfo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s3nfo is offline   Reply With Quote