SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
sfiermon
sfiermon is on a distinguished road

Default Just picked up my 2009 XE

So, upon the prompting of my sales guy, I am posting that I am now the proud owner of a 2009 Outlook XE AWD. I opted for some hard to find packages and glad that they were met. The Bose Audio is definitely worth it and sounds amazing. My kids really like the skylight in the second row and the outlet plug as well.

I gave up a 2006 Honda Pilot and the Outlook I have to say drives a lot better and the seats are like sitting in a living room. They are very comfortable. I swore I would never buy a GM product but Saturn feels different. Hopefully, they will figure things out soon and keep the brand around. Marketing is not doing justice to these guys. Has anyone seen the Chevy traverse commercial compared to the Toyota Highlander when they ripped out the middle seat in the second row? It is one of my favorite commercials out there. However, there is no mention of the Traverse's sister vehicles. That is a shame!

I compared the Outlook to the Acadia and Traverse and the interiors of both are not nearly as upscale or nice. Net net is that there are no regrets in the purchase so I am completely satisfied. Oh, and GM should definitely market OnStar better. If not, perhaps OEM it to other manufacturers...that is a nice feature that is not talked about really out there...

However, my better half insists on cloth clothing as leather is cold in the winter, hot in the summer, etc... so I found a company called CoverKing (www.coverking.com) that match the seats exactly with slip on covers. Supposedly, they look like factory seats so I wanted to know if anybody has had any experience with these products and the outcomes. I plan on making a choice and putting these in next month and will post pictures before and after.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sfiermon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sfiermon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sfiermon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Just picked up my 2009 XE

hope you enjoy your outlook as much as i do mine. make sure the seat covers dont cover the airbags. ive seen people actually do that. should come with holes in the sides for them

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
Harald
Harald is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: Just picked up my 2009 XE

I've never had a problem with black leather seats in either winter or summer. Most of the Outlook windows are tinted, which helps a lot in the summer.

I canceled my OnStar subscription after the free year. $290/yr (plus tax!) for crash response was a bit steep for me. I'm not quite as afraid of low-risk events as the general population, apparently. Their retention people offered me a lower rate when I tried to cancel, but that crap just makes me an angrier ex-customer.

(I don't forget where I park my truck; I have two cell phones; I'm a CAA membership which gets me better roadside assistance; and I don't live in a hurricane/tornado/flood zone

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote