SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
jcono
jcono is on a distinguished road

Default SES light won't reset

Hello-
My SES light has been on for a while- usually this is the old gas cap thing, and after noticing cracks in the seal of the cap I replaced it. Unfortunately the light has not reset.

The low coolant light was coming on for a few seconds every once in a while, so I added a small amt. of coolant and it has not come on since. I figure because I added coolant if this was the cause the light should have reset itself by now?

Finally I had read on the forum that disconnecting the neg. battery cable for a few seconds would reset the SES. I tried this and it did not work either- the light never went off for a minute.

Can anyone make any suggestions?
Thanks for your help!
Jan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jcono's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jcono reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jcono is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: SES light won't reset

Tried Autozone for a free reading? Then post the codes here for more help. Some codes cannot be reset (hard failures) unless the broken part is repaired/replaced so trying a reset just lets it pop up immediately. Our on-board diagnostics are run automatically each time the ignition key is turned to the ON position. The how-to library lists the codes too, on page 5 titled OBD II Powertrain Codes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote