SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
octoberroads
octoberroads is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Sad My Poor Vue :( RIP Possibly

Sadly, I have a feeling my Vue has come to its end. I was on the way to campus yesterday. The roads were a bit snow covered but nothing rough enough to prevent driving. The speed limit was 45 and I saw a Ford Focus in the other lane coming towards me that I thought looked like he was going a bit fast. Next thing I know, he starts to slide and crosses left of center, slamming into my Vue at 50 mph or better. My Vue did two 360s, slid into the other lane of traffic, and finally rested in the ditch. My airbags deployed and looking at the damage done to the car, I have a bad feeling that my insurance will total the Vue. I guess it's time to look for another Saturn. It's a shame seeing as I've only owned the Vue since August....*sigh* From what I can tell, it'll need a new front bumper, fender, both doors, and airbag system with a new dash. When they went to tow it to the dealer, they were unable to turn the wheels so I have a feeling one of the axles may be messed up as well.... At least I can say that the Vue is a safe vehicle. I only had minor bruises and cuts. I'll definitely be in the market for another Vue sometime soon.

Current:
04 VUE FWD Black 5spd Purchased 02/04/09

Former:
02 VUE AWD Red V6 RIP 01/15/09
"My baby" '00 Grey Bronze SL1 136K 5spd.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to octoberroads's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help octoberroads reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
octoberroads is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
woodroeJ35
woodroeJ35 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: My Poor Vue :( RIP Possibly

i want your window vent shades

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to woodroeJ35's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help woodroeJ35 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
woodroeJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
burnout
Master Member
burnout is on a distinguished road

Being a 2002, they'll almost certainly total it. It sucks, I'm on my 2nd Vue now.

You probably need a new subframe, control arm, tie rod, and possibly even steering rack with that kind of damage. Not to mention the time on the frame straightener ($$$) the body shop will have to put in.

woodroeJ35, don't you want the headlights too?

'13 VW CC 2.0T
'99 Volvo S70 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnout's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnout reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
jrm1493
jrm1493 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

That sucks, we were rear ended in our Vue while stopped at a red light by an explorer going around 20-30 mph. About $1000 short of being totaled (this was a couple years ago). I can also vouch for the protection ability of this vehicle, we were completely unhurt. Luckily our airbags didn't' deploy, I think once they go off the car will pretty much be totaled unless its brand new (probably $3000+ just getting those reset).

Still dealing with that wreck as it appears that the rear suspension was never properly aligned (or maybe frame still a little bent) since we chewed through a set of new tires in the couple years since the wreck. Also ever since then the rear hatch squeaks over bumps like there is a mouse caught in there trying to escape.

2001 F-150 XL, 4.2 V6 5M
2002 Camaro Z28, 5.7 V8 6M, SLP Lid, Pacesetter LT's, Z06 wheels
2003 Vue FWD, 3.0 V6 5A

RIP 1994 Civic DX Hatchback

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jrm1493's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jrm1493 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jrm1493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
john95SW2
Advanced Member
john95SW2 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 2.2L

Sounds like a pretty hard hit - glad to read that you're OK - that's the important thing. I lost my SW2 to a similar hit but I spun and hit a pole instead of going in a ditch after I was broadsided. And just like you, I opened the door and got out basically unharmed.

I'm not insurance expert but I'm thinking they're going to total it. Sorry... Look on the bright side, maybe you can get one in blue this time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to john95SW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help john95SW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
john95SW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

That's one hell of a hit... I'm glad to hear you are okay.

I hate to say it, but it's probably totalled (and believe it or not, you probably want it totalled in this case). Looking at the suspension - basically new suspension, subframe, CV joints, perhaps transmission case and mounts, wheel and tire,(who knows what was done to the engine?), airbags, dash cover, seatbelt (probably), driver's door assembly, panels, paint, lighting, frame straghtener....

I feel for you - being the owner of a 2002, they are not worth that much at this point, and that's working in favor of totalling it.

Looking on the bright side - if it is totalled, there are an absolute ton of VUEs in the Dayton and Columbus areas for sale - it shouldn't be hard to find one exactly like yours, or even different so you choose.

Good luck with this

~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

If you need help in searching, hit me up! I'm good at finding cars for friends.

I'd say it's definitely totaled - with the door leaning out like that, it's got hidden damage under there. It looks similar to my sister-in-law's ION after our accident, but her car was only a year old at the time. The cost of repair was still more than enough to total it, but they'd already started fixing it by the time they discovered the extent of the damage, so they continued fixing it.

Glad to hear you're okay and a VUE has protected another faithful SaturnFan!

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
FGCA_XRL
FGCA_XRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Yeah, she's totalled. Now you just have to hope they give you a good amount for it.

I've never understood why people buy the same car over again. Don't you want to try new things and get something nicer? I dunno, just my weird outlook on things I guess.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FGCA_XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FGCA_XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FGCA_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGCA_XRL View Post
Yeah, she's totalled. Now you just have to hope they give you a good amount for it.

I've never understood why people buy the same car over again. Don't you want to try new things and get something nicer? I dunno, just my weird outlook on things I guess.
We bought the same car because the first one was such a good car, and when we looked (trust me, we spent about 4 months looking at other cars) we couldn't find anything that we felt was as good for the price. Everything else we looked at in the price range fell short in horsepower, economy, interior space or some other quality. That, and we knew first hand how safe they were after Nick's accident (from which he walked away), knew how the dealership and service experience would be, and knew it would be one of a fairly rare model. Getting to see our car being built, just 3 hours away from where we lived, was pretty cool too!

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #10
woodroeJ35
woodroeJ35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout View Post
woodroeJ35, don't you want the headlights too?
haha yeah those too if there not broken i will even send u mine back if u wanted them

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to woodroeJ35's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help woodroeJ35 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
woodroeJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #11
fotovue
fotovue will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodroeJ35 View Post
i want your window vent shades
I have new ones, and a hood deflector, somewhere in the garage still in the box. Wife wouldn't let me put them on. PM me and we could talk price.

Sorry about your VUE octoberroads. Are you in Columbus?

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fotovue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fotovue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Glad to see that you are ok. I feel for you.

My wife and son were minorly injured when my wife lost the VUE last year. I have pictures in this thread:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...hlight=2ndsout

I had multiple people tell me that my wife and son were lucky to walk away from the accident.

Hope you find a good replacement Saturn.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #13
1saxman
Master Member
1saxman is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

'we couldn't find anything that we felt was as good for the price'

That's me, too. The VUE is really a very useful package. I look at other small SUVs all the time, and with the exception of the Equinox (Chevy VUE), they all have a fatal flaw, like side-opening rear door with spare on it, small, non-squared-off loading access, not 4-wheel independant suspension, yada, yada (okay, blah, blah). The VUE certainly is not perfect, but I think Saturn really came up with a unique product that they naturally saw fit to make the same as everybody else's, thereby losing the quirky allure of the VUE. Does anyone remember how the VUE pulled Saturn out of a deep slump in 2002, and how people were waiting in line to get one?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1saxman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1saxman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:38 AM   #14
04Vuesilver
Advanced Member
04Vuesilver is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Good to hear you're ok! I rear ended someone in my '04 when it was 2yrs old, and the insurance was a couple hundred away from a total, the repairs were in the ballpark of $16k. After it left the shop, it drove just like it did before the accident. I walked away from the accident with a minor concussion, and I think whiplash. Keep in mind, I was going somewhere around 40-50mph

On a side note, I'd be happy to sell you mine. I just need to lower my car payments

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04Vuesilver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04Vuesilver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
04Vuesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #15
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

R.I.P to Octoberroads 2002 Saturn VUE. A "brother" vehicle who died before his time. He lived to bring joy to his owners and gave his live to save the very person who loved him. He was young but strong. He fought a good fight when another vehicle assaulted his owner. Although he lost, his memory will go on forever. Others may write songs about his courage and tell tales of his adventures in life. But the one whose life he saved shall never forget the greatest honor that only a President will see. Yes, he is now in that great car heaven in the sky with other fallen Saturns now live on. All this and the only thing he asked for ln life was a warm home some oil, and 16 gallons of gas every now and then. Can we have a moment of silence for our fallen conrade. Again, Rest In Peace 2002-2009

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:47 AM   #16
octoberroads
octoberroads is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

Thanks chillin, i really appreciate that and i'm sure my Vue does, too. The adjuster is supposed to take a look at the car tomorrow. The insurance company says it goes by NADA value instead of KBB and NADA lists the car's clean retail at $6300 so I have a good feeling it's a lost cause. I have a few Vues in mind for sale around the area so hopefully, I'll be back behind the wheel of another Saturn in no time. I appreciate all of your concern. It makes me glad to be a part of the Saturn family.

Current:
04 VUE FWD Black 5spd Purchased 02/04/09

Former:
02 VUE AWD Red V6 RIP 01/15/09
"My baby" '00 Grey Bronze SL1 136K 5spd.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to octoberroads's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help octoberroads reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
octoberroads is offline   Reply With Quote