SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Theglen10
Theglen10 is on a distinguished road

Default VTI Transmission Class Action

I got a letter today that GM has settled a class action lawsuit out of court. You can opt out but if you don't you get what is like an extended warranty on the transmission.

It covers the cost of a replacement transmission, installation, replacement car for the time need to finish repair, and any towing costs. The cost are covered 100% up to 100,000 miles or in my case Jan 11, 2011. If you go over 100,000 miles you are covered for 75% of costs up to 125,000 miles and again in my case Jan 11, 2011.

The settlement also covers past repairs and costs for lost value on a trade in due to a broken Vti (like if you traded the car in when the tranny broke because you didn't want to fix it and took a lower trade in value because of it).

This is probably the best we were ever going to get. For a long time it looked like us VTI owners were just stuck.

The Saturn dealers are going to have the form if you need it. The lawyers are also sending me a claim form for my own file.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Theglen10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Theglen10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Theglen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
Mud Road
Mud Road is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: VTI Transmission Class Action

Yeh, I got a letter today too regarding my departed '03 Vue with the VTI. Too bad I dumped it a couple of years ago. I really took the pipe from my dealer's used car pirates. I like my '06 with the Honda V6 though.

Previous Saturns:
2003 Vue 4cyl, AWD, VTi
1997 SC-1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mud Road's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mud Road reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mud Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Cool. YOu can contact the loser ambulance chasing lawyers that have been trolling the forums lately. Maybe they can help you get some more flesh out of the carcass before it finally goes TU.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
Doyle
Doyle is on a distinguished road

We just received a letter regarding the Class Action Lawsuit. We weren't surprised to hear about the number of problems, our Vue is on it's 3rd transmission and isn't sounding too good. Complaints to the dealership were ignored, attempts to get the transmission inspected were met with a complete lack of concern. I wish Saturn had put as much thought into customer service as they do in advertising their products.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doyle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doyle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

The final hearing will be in march 2009 for the judge to give approval. It's still a "Proposed Settement" but is pretty much a done deal on that date

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ricksLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #6
LotusLord
LotusLord is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1
2006 VUE 3.5L

I received the letter last week as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LotusLord's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LotusLord reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LotusLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
dunkchamp55
dunkchamp55 is on a distinguished road

excuse the ignorance on my part......but whom does this all cover? i also have a VTI transmission in my vue is there anything i need to do to get my vue covered in case of complete meltdown?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dunkchamp55's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dunkchamp55 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dunkchamp55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #8
Smitty
Smitty is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
WHO IS IN THE CLASS

The Class consists of all persons who are residents of the United States and who purchased a new or used 2002, 2003, 2004 or 2005 model year Saturn VUE or 2003 or 2004 model year Saturn ION equipped with a continuously variable VTi transmission ("Vehicles"). Excluded from the Class are (i) any person, firm, trust, corporation, or other entity that purchased Class Vehicles for resale or fleet purposes (including without limitation any authorized Saturn Retailer) and (ii) any person who has filed a lawsuit against GM seeking damages for alleged personal injury or property damage in connection with a VTi transmission.
Read more about it here.

Even though this lawsuit isn't 100% complete yet, Saturn is making amends now. My trans dropped on me in December and they covered it according to the settlement. All I have to say is that we were VERY fortunate. Our odometer read 122k when this happened.

So if this happens to you now, call Saturn and they should fix it for you without hassle!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Smitty's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Smitty reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
dunkchamp55
dunkchamp55 is on a distinguished road

thanks smitty i appreciate the extra information

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dunkchamp55's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dunkchamp55 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dunkchamp55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #10
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkchamp55 View Post
excuse the ignorance on my part......but whom does this all cover? i also have a VTI transmission in my vue is there anything i need to do to get my vue covered in case of complete meltdown?

http://www.lakinlaw.com/CM/ClassActi...ssAction55.asp

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ricksLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:40 AM   #11
urchak
urchak is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Hello, my name is Igor.
I live in Russia.
I have Saturn VUE 2003 AWD.
I now - in model Saturn Vue VT25-E/VT25-E AWD (M75/M16) Transaxle often variator CVT breaks.
Often It becomes frequent the reason of it rupture of a belt Part number 0320.901.033
In service you can change or repair all variator. But it action have a not real price.
We in Russia have found a way out - we have ordered belts in the manufacturer.
And I want ask Saturn Vue CVT users - may be you need this belts, we can sell its to you and help you in repair of your cars - at us remains a little bit superfluous. If you need many - we can make new order on factory and send belts to you.

BR and good luck in life and business.

Yurchak Igor.
e-mail: urchak@alsima.ru

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to urchak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help urchak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
urchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #12
old navy
old navy is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Re: VTI Transmission Class Action

[LEFT][/LEFT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theglen10 View Post
I got a letter today that GM has settled a class action lawsuit out of court. You can opt out but if you don't you get what is like an extended warranty on the transmission.

It covers the cost of a replacement transmission, installation, replacement car for the time need to finish repair, and any towing costs. The cost are covered 100% up to 100,000 miles or in my case Jan 11, 2011. If you go over 100,000 miles you are covered for 75% of costs up to 125,000 miles and again in my case Jan 11, 2011.

The settlement also covers past repairs and costs for lost value on a trade in due to a broken Vti (like if you traded the car in when the tranny broke because you didn't want to fix it and took a lower trade in value because of it).

This is probably the best we were ever going to get. For a long time it looked like us VTI owners were just stuck.

The Saturn dealers are going to have the form if you need it. The lawyers are also sending me a claim form for my own file.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to old navy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help old navy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
old navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #13
Jrobinson
Jrobinson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by old navy View Post
[LEFT][/LEFT]
Does anyone know who I contact about getting reimbursed for the replacement of my transmission?? The link that's provided doesn't no longer work! Please I need some help!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jrobinson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jrobinson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:17 PM   #14
vasy
Advanced Member
vasy is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrobinson View Post
Does anyone know who I contact about getting reimbursed for the replacement of my transmission?? The link that's provided doesn't no longer work! Please I need some help!!!
If i recall correctly you are a few years late.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vasy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vasy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vasy is offline   Reply With Quote