SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
richpin06
richpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2
Default barrett-jackson auction

Ok who on this forum bid on any of these Saturns on the barrett-jackson auction last night........

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...3&d=01/13/2009

http://www.youtube.com/richpin06a

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to richpin06's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help richpin06 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
richpin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
big mo
big mo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: barrett-jackson auction

anybody notice that there all beign sold with scrap titles and arent allowed on the road? whats the fun in that? I realize its for legal reasons but that stinks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to big mo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help big mo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
big mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
Fox Slaughter
Fox Slaughter is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2
1996 SL2

#1 My friend called me at work just to tell me about that.

#2 Barret Jackson is stupid. It's the reason why classics cost so much. The people with money drive the price of cars up because they go well I paid this much for it. So everyone thinks they can sell cars for huge amounts. Then they don't even drive the cars. The cars become trailer queens.

#3 There was a SC1 1 millionth one made that sold on Barret for $6,500 don't remember what year it was, my friend told me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fox Slaughter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fox Slaughter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Fox Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mo View Post
anybody notice that there all beign sold with scrap titles and arent allowed on the road? whats the fun in that? I realize its for legal reasons but that stinks
I'm sure you could get the car retitled if you wanted to. None of the early model Saturns are eligible for Historical Plates yet (not until 2016 for the 1991 Model Year). A car has to be 25 years old to be considered "Historical".

Even though they may be sold with a "Salvage Title", you CAN retitle the car so that it can be driven on the road.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

So the three, combined, brought aprx. $20,000. This MIGHT pay the minibar tab for the CEOs' recent hat-in-hand DC junkets. What an effing joke.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #6
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
So the three, combined, brought aprx. $20,000. This MIGHT pay the minibar tab for the CEOs' recent hat-in-hand DC junkets. What an effing joke.
Well, you did see the price for the 89 Corvette right? I think it was $110K?

Are 89 Corvettes REALLY that collector worthy? I honestly don't know, and that is why I am asking.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Actually, other than the Packard and the Studebaker, I just looked at the Saturns. Even $110,000, is sofa change, relative to the financial $h!+hole GM claims to be in. And auctioning off four-digit cars while asking for eight digits from the taxpaying public? If you were $50,000 in debt and about to be foreclosed on, would you be reaching for your half-dozen chipped coffee mugs to sell for 50 cents at a garage sale?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
brees6221
brees6221 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL

It must have been lot 93 (the white 91 coupe) that I saw right before I went to bed. They were going to commercial and panned over the staging area and there sat a white Saturn...I remember wondering if it was the first one made for it to be on there. But in the description it doesn't list anything special about it. Kinda odd.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to brees6221's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help brees6221 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
brees6221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
brees6221
brees6221 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL

And Barrett Jackson's website is horrible. I tried to sort the cars based on selling price, and it ordered them based on the first digit of the selling price, without taking into consideration where the decimal place was...so cars that sold for $100,000 are listed before cars that sold for $9,000. 1 comes before 9, right kids?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to brees6221's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help brees6221 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
brees6221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #10
madpogue

1996 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brees6221 View Post
And Barrett Jackson's website is horrible. I tried to sort the cars based on selling price, and it ordered them based on the first digit of the selling price, without taking into consideration where the decimal place was...so cars that sold for $100,000 are listed before cars that sold for $9,000. 1 comes before 9, right kids?
It's sorting as a character value, rather than a numeric. Microsoft SQLServer does this all over the place.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #11
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Remember, Its not a bug, its a feature. Thanks Bill.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
wishihadacamaro
Advanced Member
wishihadacamaro is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2002 SL2

Quote:
It's sorting as a character value, rather than a numeric. Microsoft SQLServer does this all over the place.
That's more the fault of the person who made the code for their website. They should have cast to an integer and then sorted the numeric values. I thought that all SQL stored was strings, but I'm not sure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wishihadacamaro's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wishihadacamaro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wishihadacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #13
dorisSL
Master Member
dorisSL is on a distinguished road

1995 SL

looks like the one that doesn't say why it's special is a homecoming or some special edition (black badges at least)

1995 SL, born 12/23/94, manual, WAI 190,500, "Doris"
(I'm Ben, the car is Doris)

you can't mulch at those speeds man, that's too fast

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dorisSL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dorisSL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dorisSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #14
madpogue

1996 SW2

Naw, it's an SL or SL1 (hard to tell, but looks like no passenger mirror). And it's not the first car off the line (IIRC, it was a red SL2).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #15
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yeah they are only doing it strictly for getting quick funds. They're only been changing the collection and selling vechiles on there for the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDSOUT View Post
Well, you did see the price for the 89 Corvette right? I think it was $110K?

Are 89 Corvettes REALLY that collector worthy? I honestly don't know, and that is why I am asking.
The purple ZR1? Yeah they're collector worthy when they are never released to the public for purchase. Corvette and other Chevy collectors will pay big money for one of one and limited production vehicles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #16
72gssaturn
Advanced Member
72gssaturn will become famous soon enough72gssaturn will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

i believe that the 89 vett was also a gm collection car & had active suspension.
i watched the auction from 1900 hrs to 2230 hrs. four cars caught my eye -1) '64 chevy impala ss, green, tan interior, 409 ci dual quads (went cheap),
2 & 3) two '74 pontiac trans ams - 400 ci & a fabulous super duty 455, and f4) a 66 chevelle ss 4spd original big block.

Gerry
72 Buick GS red
2008 Astra XR black 3dr
99 SL1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 72gssaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 72gssaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
72gssaturn is offline   Reply With Quote