SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
eschmehl78
eschmehl78 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
Happy New RL Owner

Hello everyone, my name is Eric and I am a new RL Vue owner. I bought a black on black 2006 RL with only 22,600 miles on Monday. I have been lurking through the forums looking at modification options. I am not sure if the Magnaflow exhaust will be the best option or if I should try to replace the resonator and muffler myself. The Magnaflow kit, does it only replace the mid muffler and muffler in the back or does it replace the first resonator/muffler also? I thought right after the J-pipe the first part was a third cat? Thank you for any help you all can give me, I am trying to learn this car as quickly as possible.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eschmehl78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eschmehl78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eschmehl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: New RL Owner

The cats are in the exhaust manifold port thingy (you'll see) and in the J-Pipes. I'm not 100%, but I think the magnaflow replaces everything J pipe back. So the resonator, midmuffler, and rear muffler.

Congrats, go get some pics of her

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Installing a K&N Intake system is the most bang for the buck on this engine. On paper it represents a ~12 hp gain primarily in the 3k+ rpm range, making the V-TEC performance enhancements even more significant.

The engine sounds great without being obnoxious, and no change in fuel economy as long as you keep your foot out of the Throttle body. Though you will be tempted once you experienced the increased performance and healthier engine response.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=77-3000KP

I've seen the best prices on eBay. Shop around... K&N's online store sells it for list... $299.99. They have to because they are the manufacturer and they have to protect their dealer network.

I suggest cleaning the filter and recharging it yearly.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
eschmehl78

2006 VUE Red Line

I am planning on making my own CAI setup, as I did with the 2003 Honda Accord V6 I own. The J-pipe must be different than the Accord. Any J-pipe's available for the Vue? I will most likely go with the magnaflow kit then, since the sound is awesome based on the vids I saw on youtube, and I do not have a welder to modify the exhaust on my own. Thank you for the responses! I appreciate all the information anyone is willing to share!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help eschmehl78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Supposedly our J Pipe isn't really a restriction causing part of our exhaust. But that's just a rumor. The J pipes sure do look like the same ones on the TL...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #6
eschmehl78

2006 VUE Red Line

I will have to crawl under and take a look at the exhaust one of these days. I know int he Accord the J-pipe is pretty much smashed together at the merge, and changing that alone is good for 7hp with stock exhaust and 14hp with aftermarket exhaust. So if these are smashed together I can see a change would help out. And since the Magnaflow exhaust loses the extra muffler I think that might be the best option for me. Now to find the cheapest price. Thank you all for the responses.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
nitroussaturn
nitroussaturn will become famous soon enough

bobby p your smoking some good stuff if you beleive that intake adds 12hp,lol
ill blow the doors off your redline
and their is no rumor on J pipes xrl ive seen both from experince when i did my cat deletes,and they bolt directly to the heads and the j pipe bolts to them,,,,,
both the magnaflow and thermal exhaust SUCK cause their the same size pipe as oem.why pay any $ for the same size piping? cut the forward muffler out and change the rear one to a less restrictive one,..all the accord guys are going with 3" to dual 2 and 1/2's
3" exhaust is what these motors NEED

2004 REDLINE FWD TONS OF MODS..CLICK HERE http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3144619
1999 MERCEDES BENZ AMG E55,MY DD VETTE KILLER
2000 328I M3 RIMS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nitroussaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nitroussaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nitroussaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #8
eschmehl78

2006 VUE Red Line

nitroussaturn, if that was true then please explain the LS1 Camaro's which had single 3" exhaust all the way to the muffler? Alot of them making well over 400hp with that style exhaust. Also, you will beat our redlines, big deal, there is always someone and something faster, i am sure there are many cars out there faster than yours. Most people realize that the 12hp gains are a perfect world scenario and cannot be duplicated by normal people, Bobby was simply trying to give me information.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
nitroussaturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschmehl78 View Post
nitroussaturn, if that was true then please explain the LS1 Camaro's which had single 3" exhaust all the way to the muffler? Alot of them making well over 400hp with that style exhaust. Also, you will beat our redlines, big deal, there is always someone and something faster, i am sure there are many cars out there faster than yours. Most people realize that the 12hp gains are a perfect world scenario and cannot be duplicated by normal people, Bobby was simply trying to give me information.
i dont understand what your point is about the ls1 camaro?lol ive owned 2, all i said about exhaust is our vechiles need 3" and of course their are PLENTY of vechilles faster then mine,heck its actually the slowest out of the 5 rides i own.
but untill someone beats my time it holds the fastest vue redline time,i apoligize if i came off as a dick,but their is so much bad info going on in here,pm me and ill be more then happy to help ya out

2000 328I M3 RIMS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help nitroussaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Someone must have been having a bad day... 11.77hp...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:35 AM   #11
nitroussaturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Someone must have been having a bad day... 11.77hp...
ROFL...u hit th enail on the head!! trying to quit smoking been on edge lately,lol SORRY

2000 328I M3 RIMS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!