SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2
Default Hiddenlites got a new VUE!

Hey everyone, long time, no posts! I just thought I'd let you know that my SC2 (still not in one piece) has a new family member to keep it company in the garage. As a Christmas present for my wife and I, we traded her '01 Grand Prix in for an '08 Redline VUE fwd. We bought one that is Mystique Blue (I wish I would have realized that it turns purple in some light). I'm guessing that it is one of the early '08 models because it doensn't have a compass or DIC. Anyway we are both very happy with it. We already put 1500 miles on it with trips to Evansville, IN and to Chicago.

I've been a Saturn owner for almost seven years, and this is the first time I experienced the buying experience at a Saturn dealership. I always knew that I could get excellent help from the parts counter and any Saturn technician, but I was impressed how knowlegeable Amber, our sales consultant at Saturn of Fort Wayne, was about the entire Saturn product line, past and present.

We were also considering a Torrent GXP, but there were none equipped the way I would have liked within a seventy-five mile radius. Overall, I just like the interior styling and the handling of the VUE over the Torrent, and I feel like I got a better vehicle for nearly the same price.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hiddenlites is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #2
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2
Default Re: Hiddenlites got a new VUE!

Hey! I thought you'd fallen off the planet or something! Glad to see you've still got your SC2, I was afraid you'd have given up on it by now. Oh, and along with those new pictures you promise in your signature, are you going to get a new muffler for that poor car?

And Mystic blue is a close tie for my favorite current color, with orange being the competitor. I love the purple sheen to it - it's what summer blue (the limited run 05 color) was supposed to be!

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazie View Post
Hey! I thought you'd fallen off the planet or something!
Same here! Welcome back.
Maybe we'll get to see that new Vue this summer up near Ludington.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member

1993 SC2

I haven't given up on the SC2; marriage and home ownership really put the rebuild project on the back burner. I was able to spend some time last summer stripping down and refinishing an engine cradle for it. I still have some Prothane bushings to install while I'll have the suspension apart during the cradle swap. And since the car has been sitting so long, I'll have to drain the old gas from it. It will be a good time to put the Prothanes in the rear suspension with the tank dropped. Oh yeah, I did get a new muffler for it. Once it's back in driving shape, it's going to the exhaust shop to be installed with the new piping.

I've made a weekend trip up to Ludington each of the past two summers. Two years ago, I was helping some friends install windows in the addtion they are building on their cabin. Last year my wife and I were in town for a wedding. It was on the beach at Stearns Park and absolutely beatiful. I'm hoping that we will all get together next summer up there, and just to have some fun.

Now if things could work out for the VUE pictures. The weather here has been crap, so it's not worth the time to wash it and make it look pretty for the camera.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

Last edited by Hiddenlites; 01-07-2009 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: Punctuation, stupid!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
vurrules
vurrules is on a distinguished road

congrats. I have vue redline 08 too.
Apparently the rotors rust up real bad...need to be machined once before gm will replace them. Have you had any problems like this.
How do you find your tires in the snow???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vurrules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vurrules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vurrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member

1993 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vurrules View Post
congrats. I have vue redline 08 too.
Apparently the rotors rust up real bad...need to be machined once before gm will replace them. Have you had any problems like this.
How do you find your tires in the snow???
I haven't had any problems with the brakes or snow traction. I know my VUE had been on the dealer lot since last summer, it spent a lot of time outdoors without being driven. Right now the street my house is on has at least three inches of packed snow on top of it. Very little slippy-slidey when driving within reason for this road condition.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #7
SaturnSdn
Master Member
SaturnSdn will become famous soon enoughSaturnSdn will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Congrats ... thats a nice rig.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSdn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSdn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnSdn is offline   Reply With Quote