SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos


Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
dadavue
Junior Member
dadavue is on a distinguished road
 
dadavue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 14
Default Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

We just purchased a new 2009 Vue from Saturn of Troy (from the best salesperson in the world - Jim Colovos) and it is outstanding with the following improvements over our 2008 Vue:

* The '09 now has a compass, my '08 did not which sucked!
* It has better tires, Firestone Destination LE instead of the mediocre rated Bridgestone Duelers (Tirerack.com).
* The transaxle shifts smoother than my 04/08 build date Vue (one of the first built).
* My '08 passenger front door hit the fender 1/16" since there was not enough clearance - my '09 has plenty of clearance!:
* My '08 had bad struts that made clicking noises noticeable in reverse, the '09 sounds and feels great!
* The '09 has better crash test ratings than '08 Vues built before January 2008.
* The '09 has polished allow wheels which look like chrome without the terrible rust & pitting problems we have here in Michigan!
* I recommend Saturn of Troy as the best Saturn Dealer in Oakland County to purchase from. :yes
I tried a different dealer in Oakland county and I had a horrible sales experience (but wonderful service experience) with my '08 Vue!!!!!!!!!!!!

* The '09 now has a new and informative DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER that monitors info such as tire pressure, fuel economy, oil life monitor, etc.

Way to go GM at continuous improvement of your products!!!

Recommend the Saturn Vue to family and friends and go see Jim Colovos at Saturn of Troy for your next car!

The profits from this vehicle went to a USA company. What country did your vehicle support?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dadavue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dadavue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dadavue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,962
 

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

The VUE is beautiful but;
Designed/engineered in Korea and Germany
Built in Mexico
You could have bought;
Ford Escape
Jeep Patriot
Jeep Liberty
Designed in the US
Made in the US

Your 08 seems like it was unreliable/poorly built

...
Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
kae
Member
kae is on a distinguished road
 
kae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 432
 

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Congrats! Glad you're happier now. I guess I lucked out on my Jan. 08 build because some of the things you mentioned you lacked on your 2008 I have. I have the compass (although from another thread there are a lot of people with it and without and it's hard to pinpoint a date range). I have the Firestone tires.

Anyway, congrats again!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #4
hand-filer
Member
hand-filer is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Ca.
Posts: 438
 

2008 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
The VUE is beautiful but;
Designed/engineered in Korea and Germany
Built in Mexico
You could have bought;
Ford Escape
Jeep Patriot
Jeep Liberty
Designed in the US
Made in the US

Your 08 seems like it was unreliable/poorly built
Yes he could have bought one of the aforementioned but he wanted a VUE!
US plants are just as capable of producing the occasional lemon.
The great majority of us are not having issues.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hand-filer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hand-filer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hand-filer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:23 AM   #5
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,962
 

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
Yes he could have bought one of the aforementioned but he wanted a VUE!
US plants are just as capable of producing the occasional lemon.
The great majority of us are not having issues.
Just retorting on his big font USA USA rant. The VUE might be the most "international" car on the road.
Most cars sold today don't have issues.

...
Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
SinCitySaturn
Member
SinCitySaturn is on a distinguished road
 
SinCitySaturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 206

2008 VUE 3.6L
1997 SL2
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadavue View Post
We just purchased a new 2009 Vue from Saturn of Troy (from the best salesperson in the world - Jim Colovos) and it is outstanding with the following improvements over our 2008 Vue:

* The '09 now has a compass, my '08 did not which sucked!
* It has better tires, Firestone Destination LE instead of the mediocre rated Bridgestone Duelers (Tirerack.com).
* The transaxle shifts smoother than my 04/08 build date Vue (one of the first built).
* My '08 passenger front door hit the fender 1/16" since there was not enough clearance - my '09 has plenty of clearance!:
* My '08 had bad struts that made clicking noises noticeable in reverse, the '09 sounds and feels great!
* The '09 has better crash test ratings than '08 Vues built before January 2008.
* The '09 has polished allow wheels which look like chrome without the terrible rust & pitting problems we have here in Michigan!
* I recommend Saturn of Troy as the best Saturn Dealer in Oakland County to purchase from. :yes
I tried a different dealer in Oakland county and I had a horrible sales experience (but wonderful service experience) with my '08 Vue!!!!!!!!!!!!

* The '09 now has a new and informative DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER that monitors info such as tire pressure, fuel economy, oil life monitor, etc.

Way to go GM at continuous improvement of your products!!!

Recommend the Saturn Vue to family and friends and go see Jim Colovos at Saturn of Troy for your next car!

The profits from this vehicle went to a USA company. What country did your vehicle support?
Congrats on your 09 Vue and good to hear your happy with it. Our 08 XR has the compass and the Duelers and work just fine for us Could not agree more with you on the "profits" go to a USA company GM We support GM as that's one of the main reasons we own Saturn's Happy motoring We love our 08 Vue 3.6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SinCitySaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SinCitySaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SinCitySaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:53 PM   #7
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 3,773
 

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Arrow Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
Just retorting on his big font USA USA rant. The VUE might be the most "international" car on the road.
Most cars sold today don't have issues.
davidsky,
So what? That's no reason to be so rude! We live in a global economy and he supported an American company -- I'm glad he did and I'm happy that he's happy!

dadavue,
The new Vue is an awesome little SUV, and I'm glad to hear that so many noticeable improvements were made for '09. "Continuous improvement" has always been a Saturn hallmark, and its nice to hear stories telling how it is still a big part of their culture. Congratulations on your purchase!

Charlie

...
2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:35 AM   #8
dadavue
Junior Member
dadavue is on a distinguished road
 
dadavue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 14
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

I forgot to mention that my 2008 Vue was a dealer demo that I purchased with almost 6,000 miles on it. Perhaps it was in an accident and the dealer did not disclose it (if less than $500). They would not tell me yes or no. I spoke to an "authority" and he said that could explain the door clearance problem on the passenger side and the passenger side strut was primarily the noisy one. I had a horrible sales experience with the '08 and was able financially to trade it in with good trade-ins so I did it.

Sorry about ragging on the '08 since it can give unintended fodder for those who have contempt for vehicles made by American Companies. Glad to see that even Canada is pitching in to help with bridge loans for the Big Three because they have several Big Three auto plants in Canada.

I wish that we were more IMPACT MINDED about buying products made in USA as the Japanese are and the Koreans are (who last week were protesting new trade rules requiring them to buy more USA products since we primarily buy their products). I understand that Japan is very protectionist as the children are taught in school to buy Made in Japan since buying products from another country could hurt their neighbor. In our rush to globalism (mostly for cheaper Chinese goods and unfortunately we have suffered with defective tires, lead in toys, poison baby formula, etc.) which has been promoted by our present government who has borrowed close to 1 trillion $$ from China to pay for our foreign wars. Our shallow, conformist, trendy, image conscious, do whatever it takes to get ahead, materialistic cultural values are focused on selfish "what is cool for the moment" such as, reducing your carbon footprint, recycling, buy a tiny unsafe econobox car (unsafe if you get hit by a larger car), save the whales, save the trees, buy cool import cars, luxury cars, a Blackberry, a house bigger than what we need, spend more money than we earn, etc. Yes, I am a nonconformist!

We forget to our demise that we should also save our manufacturing base that made us a first world nation. China, Sweden, France, and Germany (probably more) are moving to save their auto industries. I am thankful to God for President Bush who stepped in recently and approved Bridge Loans. Most of the profits from a product go to the country of origin. For Honda and Toyota it is Japan, for Mercedes it is Germany. For Saturn it is the United States. This is logical and the materialistic trendy folks who like to buy "Superior" foreign cars hate this logic since it totally dismisses their irrational argument that it was "Made by Americans". Do you know what some Japanese call Americans that work in the transplant factories? They are called POW's. Germany apologized for their crimes but I don't think the Japanese who teach their children revisionist historical lies ever did apologize to the many countries they viciously attacked.

Yes, the Big Three are global manufacturers that sell cars in many countries around the world but most of the profits end up helping the country of origin, which is the USA. What kind of standard of living do we want our children to inherit if we let our vital industrial heartland disappear?

The Big Three have tremendous hurdles to overcome with retiree pensions and tremendous health care costs (that our competitors do not have since they oftentimes have nationalized health care) and despite the poisonous venom from haters of American cars (including Senators from Southern states who gave large state subsidized cash benefits to companies like Nissan and BMW to build plants in their states. We can succeed and build outstanding vehicles and yes I've done my part in buying a Saturn and MOST OF THE PROFITS WENT TO MY COUNTRY, NOT OVERSEAS.

Last edited by dadavue; 12-26-2008 at 12:49 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dadavue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dadavue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dadavue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:05 AM   #9
GMmon
Member
GMmon is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Charles MO
Posts: 155

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Amen,Brother!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GMmon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GMmon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GMmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #10
SinCitySaturn
Member
SinCitySaturn is on a distinguished road
 
SinCitySaturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 206

2008 VUE 3.6L
1997 SL2
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadavue View Post
I forgot to mention that my 2008 Vue was a dealer demo that I purchased with almost 6,000 miles on it. Perhaps it was in an accident and the dealer did not disclose it (if less than $500). They would not tell me yes or no. I spoke to an "authority" and he said that could explain the door clearance problem on the passenger side and the passenger side strut was primarily the noisy one. I had a horrible sales experience with the '08 and was able financially to trade it in with good trade-ins so I did it.

Sorry about ragging on the '08 since it can give unintended fodder for those who have contempt for vehicles made by American Companies. Glad to see that even Canada is pitching in to help with bridge loans for the Big Three because they have several Big Three auto plants in Canada.

I wish that we were more IMPACT MINDED about buying products made in USA as the Japanese are and the Koreans are (who last week were protesting new trade rules requiring them to buy more USA products since we primarily buy their products). I understand that Japan is very protectionist as the children are taught in school to buy Made in Japan since buying products from another country could hurt their neighbor. In our rush to globalism (mostly for cheaper Chinese goods and unfortunately we have suffered with defective tires, lead in toys, poison baby formula, etc.) which has been promoted by our present government who has borrowed close to 1 trillion $$ from China to pay for our foreign wars. Our shallow, conformist, trendy, image conscious, do whatever it takes to get ahead, materialistic cultural values are focused on selfish "what is cool for the moment" such as, reducing your carbon footprint, recycling, buy a tiny unsafe econobox car (unsafe if you get hit by a larger car), save the whales, save the trees, buy cool import cars, luxury cars, a Blackberry, a house bigger than what we need, spend more money than we earn, etc. Yes, I am a nonconformist!

We forget to our demise that we should also save our manufacturing base that made us a first world nation. China, Sweden, France, and Germany (probably more) are moving to save their auto industries. I am thankful to God for President Bush who stepped in recently and approved Bridge Loans. Most of the profits from a product go to the country of origin. For Honda and Toyota it is Japan, for Mercedes it is Germany. For Saturn it is the United States. This is logical and the materialistic trendy folks who like to buy "Superior" foreign cars hate this logic since it totally dismisses their irrational argument that it was "Made by Americans". Do you know what some Japanese call Americans that work in the transplant factories? They are called POW's. Germany apologized for their crimes but I don't think the Japanese who teach their children revisionist historical lies ever did apologize to the many countries they viciously attacked.

Yes, the Big Three are global manufacturers that sell cars in many countries around the world but most of the profits end up helping the country of origin, which is the USA. What kind of standard of living do we want our children to inherit if we let our vital industrial heartland disappear?

The Big Three have tremendous hurdles to overcome with retiree pensions and tremendous health care costs (that our competitors do not have since they oftentimes have nationalized health care) and despite the poisonous venom from haters of American cars (including Senators from Southern states who gave large state subsidized cash benefits to companies like Nissan and BMW to build plants in their states. We can succeed and build outstanding vehicles and yes I've done my part in buying a Saturn and MOST OF THE PROFITS WENT TO MY COUNTRY, NOT OVERSEAS.
Well Said! Long live GM

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SinCitySaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SinCitySaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SinCitySaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #11
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,962
 

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
davidsky,
So what? That's no reason to be so rude! We live in a global economy and he supported an American company -- I'm glad he did and I'm happy that he's happy!
Charlie
I think the giant font is more rude than what I said. Why not just say "glad I could support GM/Saturn" instead of USA! USA! in giant letters

...
Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #12
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,962
 

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
I forgot to mention that my 2008 Vue was a dealer demo that I purchased with almost 6,000 miles on it. Perhaps it was in an accident and the dealer did not disclose it (if less than $500). They would not tell me yes or no. I spoke to an "authority" and he said that could explain the door clearance problem on the passenger side and the passenger side strut was primarily the noisy one. I had a horrible sales experience with the '08 and was able financially to trade it in with good trade-ins so I did it.
Accident makes sense, I can't imagine any car leaving a factory with the door scraping the fender. It might also explain the squeaking strut.

Quote:
Sorry about ragging on the '08 since it can give unintended fodder for those who have contempt for vehicles made by American Companies.
It isn't American vs Imported, it's bad vs good. It's right to complain at every possible moment and be vocal about it because otherwise things won't be improved.

Quote:
I wish that we were more IMPACT MINDED about buying products made in USA as the Japanese are and the Koreans are (who last week were protesting new trade rules requiring them to buy more USA products since we primarily buy their products). I understand that Japan is very protectionist as the children are taught in school to buy Made in Japan since buying products from another country could hurt their neighbor.
The lack of imports hinders the Japan due to higher prices.
Quote:
In our rush to globalism (mostly for cheaper Chinese goods and unfortunately we have suffered with defective tires, lead in toys, poison baby formula, etc.) which has been promoted by our present government who has borrowed close to 1 trillion $$ from China to pay for our foreign wars.
The "global economy" helps the US more than hurts it.

Quote:
China, Sweden, France, and Germany (probably more) are moving to save their auto industries.
I guess we are too.
Quote:
For Honda and Toyota it is Japan
Honda and Toyota (and Nissan) have such large operations in the US that a significant amount of revenue is put back into the US economy. They use American workers and American suppliers. Much like when GM or Ford builds/sells cars in Europe the majority of effect is for the European economy.

Quote:
This is logical and the materialistic trendy folks who like to buy "Superior" foreign cars hate this logic since it totally dismisses their irrational argument that it was "Made by Americans".
I'll have to drive to Marysville, OH and see all the non-Americans getting paid to build Accords.
Quote:
Do you know what some Japanese call Americans that work in the transplant factories? They are called POW's.
Sounds like an urban legend

Quote:
What kind of standard of living do we want our children to inherit if we let our vital industrial heartland disappear?
Never mind cars. Try to find USA made clothing and shoes. I usually look around and pick the American stuff if I can find it.
Here's a tip, buy Scotch/3M tape instead of the 3/$1.00 stuff. It's made in the US.
Mead notebooks for school
Bicycle playing cards
Anco wiper blades- made in Mexico but an American company
I was disappointed when Stanley Tools went to Mexico but they're still an American company.
I say stick to this hemisphere if that is your choice. Buy Mexican instead of Chinese.
Make sure you fill your VUE with American gasoline too
Union 76, Philips, Sunoco, Mobil, Texaco (there's more) not Citgo (Venezuela) or BP/Amoco (UK)
Goodyear and Cooper are the only American owned tire companies.
A while back I bought the ebook "How Americans can buy American" at How To Buy American
It's 12.95 and gives a comprehensive list of goods made by American companies.

...
Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #13
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice
 
BobbyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 7,029
 

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

IMO even with the employee pricing the 2009 VUE XE is over priced. I saw an ad for it selling for over $21,000.

...
2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice
 
BobbyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 7,029
 

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
Accident makes sense, I can't imagine any car leaving a factory with the door scraping the fender. It might also explain the squeaking strut.


It isn't American vs Imported, it's bad vs good. It's right to complain at every possible moment and be vocal about it because otherwise things won't be improved.


The lack of imports hinders the Japan due to higher prices.

The "global economy" helps the US more than hurts it.


I guess we are too.

Honda and Toyota (and Nissan) have such large operations in the US that a significant amount of revenue is put back into the US economy. They use American workers and American suppliers. Much like when GM or Ford builds/sells cars in Europe the majority of effect is for the European economy.


I'll have to drive to Marysville, OH and see all the non-Americans getting paid to build Accords.

Sounds like an urban legend


Never mind cars. Try to find USA made clothing and shoes. I usually look around and pick the American stuff if I can find it.
Here's a tip, buy Scotch/3M tape instead of the 3/$1.00 stuff. It's made in the US.
Mead notebooks for school
Bicycle playing cards
Anco wiper blades- made in Mexico but an American company
I was disappointed when Stanley Tools went to Mexico but they're still an American company.
I say stick to this hemisphere if that is your choice. Buy Mexican instead of Chinese.
Make sure you fill your VUE with American gasoline too
Union 76, Philips, Sunoco, Mobil, Texaco (there's more) not Citgo (Venezuela) or BP/Amoco (UK)
Goodyear and Cooper are the only American owned tire companies.
A while back I bought the ebook "How Americans can buy American" at How To Buy American
It's 12.95 and gives a comprehensive list of goods made by American companies.
I do my best to buy American for myself and the company I work for. If all the Americans that bought their Toyota and Hondas would have bought american cars the US would be significantly better shape. It's economic suicide sending this much money overseas.

IMO we need to significantly reduce:

Imported oil/energy
Imported cars
Imported goods

Cars are typically the second largest purchase a person makes, it makes no sense sending this money and or profits from these sales to a foreign country.

...
2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #15
GMmon
Member
GMmon is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Charles MO
Posts: 155

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
IMO even with the employee pricing the 2009 VUE XE is over priced. I saw an ad for it selling for over $21,000.
What do you think Rav4,CR-V and such are selling for? The VUE is a very nice vehicle. And though I'm really glad we got our '08 XR AWD for $23400 w/all disc & rebates 8/28/08,I feel like it's a $28525 vehicle when we drive it. Pricing (LIST) overall on '09 VUES looks about $1500 more than '08.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GMmon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GMmon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GMmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:38 AM   #16
kae
Member
kae is on a distinguished road
 
kae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 432
 

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
IMO even with the employee pricing the 2009 VUE XE is over priced. I saw an ad for it selling for over $21,000.
It's a shock to the system for Saturn owners who are use to much lower prices from Saturn, but the 08/09's are IMO better than the previous Vues. Yes, I am aware that there are some who stand by their Honda engine equipped Vue's as the absolute best, but I think that the newer Vue's just have a little more class and is a good vehicle for the price. I never bit the bullet on the older Vue's because they just didn't fit what I wanted and expected. This isn't to knock them because they weren't bad cars. I just knew for myself if I purchased the 06 or 07 I researched and test drove numerous times for well over a year would have been "I settled for this car" for me. The same can't be said for my 08. I got what I wanted (I know...the XE is a "settle" for some) and paid a competitive price for it with great financing. I am happy. There is always room for inprovements, but at the end of the day when I park "Sammy 2.0" in my garage I am a happy girl.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #17
hand-filer
Member
hand-filer is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Ca.
Posts: 438
 

2008 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae View Post
It's a shock to the system for Saturn owners who are use to much lower prices from Saturn, but the 08/09's are IMO better than the previous Vues. Yes, I am aware that there are some who stand by their Honda engine equipped Vue's as the absolute best, but I think that the newer Vue's just have a little more class and is a good vehicle for the price. I never bit the bullet on the older Vue's because they just didn't fit what I wanted and expected. This isn't to knock them because they weren't bad cars. I just knew for myself if I purchased the 06 or 07 I researched and test drove numerous times for well over a year would have been "I settled for this car" for me. The same can't be said for my 08. I got what I wanted (I know...the XE is a "settle" for some) and paid a competitive price for it with great financing. I am happy. There is always room for inprovements, but at the end of the day when I park "Sammy 2.0" in my garage I am a happy girl.
You hit the nail on the head Kae. You have summed up the sentiments of many who would not have considered buying a Saturn in the past. They were decent cars but not in the same league as the current models.
h-f

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hand-filer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hand-filer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hand-filer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #18
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about
 
Ritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LOL
Posts: 2,927
 

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

According to JD Power, the new VUE doesn't appear to be winning any accolades on initial quality and is below average in that regard. The older generation VUE wasn't a huge crowd pleaser on initial quality either, but this seems like a step backwards. Weren't some folks posting here about brand new VUE XRs with the 3.6L engine needing new heads/cams with low mileage? Yow!

On the total cost to own front (see Edmunds.com) the 2008 seems to be above average in both maintenance cost and in depreciation as well with a TCO over 5 years of almost $50k. And if the depreciation on my older generation VUE is any judge, Edmunds is being very generous on the depreciation hit.

In terms of creature comforts folks might consider this a step ahead. But in terms of reliability and cost, it's the same or a step backwards.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #19
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice
 
BobbyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 7,029
 

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMmon View Post
What do you think Rav4,CR-V and such are selling for? The VUE is a very nice vehicle. And though I'm really glad we got our '08 XR AWD for $23400 w/all disc & rebates 8/28/08,I feel like it's a $28525 vehicle when we drive it. Pricing (LIST) overall on '09 VUES looks about $1500 more than '08.
$23400 is a great price for a loaded AWD XR. IMO the lower equipped XE is too high. Especially with the Red Tag special pricing.

My 2006 VUE RL had every option and was over $26,000.

I've seen ads in the paper for the Rav4's, Rogues, and CRV's selling for less than $21k.

...
2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:01 AM   #20
hand-filer
Member
hand-filer is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Ca.
Posts: 438
 

2008 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Even Better New 2009 Saturn Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
According to JD Power, the new VUE doesn't appear to be winning any accolades on initial quality and is below average in that regard. The older generation VUE wasn't a huge crowd pleaser on initial quality either, but this seems like a step backwards. Weren't some folks posting here about brand new VUE XRs with the 3.6L engine needing new heads/cams with low mileage? Yow!

On the total cost to own front (see Edmunds.com) the 2008 seems to be above average in both maintenance cost and in depreciation as well with a TCO over 5 years of almost $50k. And if the depreciation on my older generation VUE is any judge, Edmunds is being very generous on the depreciation hit.

In terms of creature comforts folks might consider this a step ahead. But in terms of reliability and cost, it's the same or a step backwards.

Cheers,
JD Powers bases the score on trending the past three years of historical initial quality and dependability data.
That tells me a lot about the previous generation and not a whole lot about the new generation.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hand-filer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hand-filer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hand-filer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saturn Vue XR 2009 Mileage Improvements dadavue 2008 Vue 19 12-12-2009 09:59 PM
2009 Saturn Vue Review Charlie Vue General 0 03-16-2009 10:06 PM
Got a 2009 Vue loaner from Saturn Overkill 2008 Vue 1 01-09-2009 03:42 PM
2009 Saturn Vue Brochure Charlie 2008 Vue 11 10-21-2008 05:10 PM
New-for-2009 Saturn Vue XR 2.4L Announced Charlie Vue General 5 10-20-2008 11:24 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SaturnFans.com. The Saturn Enthusiasts Site.