SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2008, 02:56 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Report: Auto Loans Could Come by Friday

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Report: Auto Loans Could Come by Friday

Quote:
David Shepardson from the Detroit News: Treasury Department officials are weighing the condition of the nation's banks before they loan money to General Motors and Chrysler, possibly by Friday. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said automakers would soon get emergency loans but the department is still asking detailed questions of automakers before it allocates any money from the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
bkskatersd
bkskatersd is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Report: Auto Loans Could Come by Friday

So Paulson doesn't want to give the automakers a loan until he's made sure his cronies at AIG don't need more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bkskatersd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bkskatersd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bkskatersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

I think instead of giving the automakers loans, the government should just buy us all a new GM, Ford, or Chrysler vehicle!

Celebrity Eurosport.
When the road gets a little nervous, take one of these.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie00SL2 View Post
I think instead of giving the automakers loans, the government should just buy us all a new GM, Ford, or Chrysler vehicle!

There are some people who believe much of the auto crisis is in large part due to lack of available credit for customers. In some ways your idea might be very helpful even if it involved 0% loans being made available to buyers rather than outright gifts. I'm not sure how all the involved money would be divided among retailers and the manufacturers but it would move product off both dealer lots and manufacturers storage areas and provide cash flow to both the national manufacturers and local retailers. I'll stop dreaming though before I pick out my new Saturn Aura, because this isn't going to happen any more than my state is going to give me game tickets at the NFL stadiums they helped finance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie00SL2 View Post
A novel idea, Hokie, but I fear that the government would then turn around and want to be reimbursed once the good times return! IMO, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Either now or later through our hard earned tax dollars, we'll pay for those cars. The Detroit automakers are better off being loaned the money or driven (no pun intended) to bankruptcy protection.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:39 PM   #6
RedL300
RedL300 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

If my tax dollars go to these idiots,I think all GM owners should have warranties extended to 5yr/100k..(Not Chrysler though..Shouldn't reward bad judgement)
I know how I'll feel after they recieve the bailout and pull the smug "can't recreate the problem til warranty expires" stunt.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedL300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedL300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RedL300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:44 AM   #7
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedL300 View Post
If my tax dollars go to these idiots,I think all GM owners should have warranties extended to 5yr/100k..(Not Chrysler though..Shouldn't reward bad judgement)
I know how I'll feel after they recieve the bailout and pull the smug "can't recreate the problem til warranty expires" stunt.
Is it only Saturn (or newer ones) that already have the 5yr/100k warranty or are any of the other GM cars included?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote