SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
HaskinsJohn
HaskinsJohn is on a distinguished road

2001 SC1
Default Greetings - 2001 SC1 owner

Hello All,
I've visited this forum for help several times in the past as I've been maintaining my Saturn and now as I'm faced with another maintenance question and a pending DIY tuneup I thought it would be a good time to sign-up and stop trolling. This forum has been a great resource for me in the past, especially with resetting the security on the car after a battery change. So it would be great if I'm able to contribute something to the forum and give back a bit. First, a bit about my car and what I've done with it.
2001 Saturn SC1 purchased new in Dec. 2000
Currently 88,--- miles
I have: replaced the EGR Valve at the prompting of the check engine light/code, replaced the front outer tie rods, replaced the battery and positive battery cable due to severe corrosion, and will soon be replacing the plugs and wires. The other previously mentioned maintenance question I'm going to research the board for a while before posing the question, but it sounds kind of like this thread.
About Me:
I work in management at a university and have an IT background (networking, programming). I've been married for 8 years (as of today!) and have two kids (4yo boy, 1yo girl). I enjoy working on my car but usually struggle (tie rods approx. 5 hours, battery/cable/security issue 1.5 days).
Cheers,
John

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HaskinsJohn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HaskinsJohn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HaskinsJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
View This
View This is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Greetings - 2001 SC1 owner

Welcome.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to View This's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help View This reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
View This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
SaturnSdn
Master Member
SaturnSdn will become famous soon enoughSaturnSdn will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Hello and welcome ..............

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSdn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSdn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnSdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
HaskinsJohn
HaskinsJohn is on a distinguished road

2001 SC1

Thank you both. I replaced the spark plugs and wires in the freezing cold and that seems to have gone fine. If the misfire code keeps happening then I guess the next thing will be to clean or have cleaned the fuel injectors.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HaskinsJohn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HaskinsJohn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HaskinsJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
SinCitySaturn
SinCitySaturn is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskinsJohn View Post
Hello All,
I've visited this forum for help several times in the past as I've been maintaining my Saturn and now as I'm faced with another maintenance question and a pending DIY tuneup I thought it would be a good time to sign-up and stop trolling. This forum has been a great resource for me in the past, especially with resetting the security on the car after a battery change. So it would be great if I'm able to contribute something to the forum and give back a bit. First, a bit about my car and what I've done with it.
2001 Saturn SC1 purchased new in Dec. 2000
Currently 88,--- miles
I have: replaced the EGR Valve at the prompting of the check engine light/code, replaced the front outer tie rods, replaced the battery and positive battery cable due to severe corrosion, and will soon be replacing the plugs and wires. The other previously mentioned maintenance question I'm going to research the board for a while before posing the question, but it sounds kind of like this thread.
About Me:
I work in management at a university and have an IT background (networking, programming). I've been married for 8 years (as of today!) and have two kids (4yo boy, 1yo girl). I enjoy working on my car but usually struggle (tie rods approx. 5 hours, battery/cable/security issue 1.5 days).
Cheers,
John
Welcome to Saturn Fans

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SinCitySaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SinCitySaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SinCitySaturn is offline   Reply With Quote