SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where Do You Most Often Get Your Saturn Serviced?
My local retailer 55 53.92%
National auto repair chain 2 1.96%
Small independent shop 9 8.82%
I do it myself 36 35.29%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #21
dj1111
dj1111 is a jewel in the roughdj1111 is a jewel in the roughdj1111 is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
1995 SC2
Default Re: Where Do You Get Your Saturn Serviced?

I've done all my own repairs myself. Ironically the only time I took my Saturn into the shop (actually 3 different shops including Saturn) they all failed to fix the problem, a persistent SES light. I then purchased my own code reader and in 15 minutes found the problem and fixed it. There is only one shop in town I trust, and only use them as a last resort.

When I was younger I drove a lifted 4x4 truck with over sized tires. Needed a ladder to get into it. Now at 55 I drive an SL2 and need a ladder to get out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dj1111's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dj1111 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dj1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #22
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

One of my best friends is a Saturn Tech, so if I can't do it, it goes to him. He he can't do it in his driveway, it goes to another friend of mine, that's a more experienced Saturn tech and has a hoist in his pole barn. Anything that can't be done by them (or was warranty, back when my 2002 SC1 had one) was done at Saturn of Windsor.

The only time any of the Saturns in my family were handled by someone other than those two guys (either at the homes or at work) was after they put a new front sub-frame in my sister's car. One of the local Ford dealers had an amazing deal on alignments and they recommended I take it there. Of course, they totally messed up the alignment the first time and it was worse than when the techs eye-balled it in the garage but I raised a bit of a stink and they fixed it for free.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #23
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL

"I do you do it myself"!?!?!?

Since becoming a member of this forum, I can do "almost" all repairs myself.
I carry extra temp sensor and CPS in the glove box. Would not hesitate to fix anything on this car (1997 S).
Once I get my next house built, with a flat slab in the garage, I will even try wheel alignments!

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #24
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNW View Post
Oops, that's what happens when I'm half asleep...

Thanks for the tip, it's fixed now.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #25
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

I take the VUE to Saturn of Lexington, they get me in just about whenever I need service with or without appointment, they take less than 20 minutes, they check everything and let me know if anything is amiss,the charge is 30.00 or less(they usually have coupons for a discount on service) I get a free wash, my salesman Roy always gets me a loaner to drive if I don't want to wait for longer services,repairs. They have never tried to add unneeded repairs or charges to the bill. In my case, its basically a no brainer--I really don't have the time or the place to do my own any more, even tho I used to work as a part time mechanic and body person at a used car lot when I was in school many years ago.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #26
chops
chops is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNW View Post
I do, you do, we all do?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #27
macbox
macbox is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
1998 SW2

I've done all the minor stuff and this year worked on the alternator and struts, this saves a lot of dough. When my 96 was smashed up by drunken mexicans in a van while it was sitting still on the street - in a hit and run, I had to get a different S-series and perform the usual maintenance that needs to be done, and rather than pay through the nose I get to accumulate tools and learn maintenance. I do take it to the dealer sometimes, but usually end up going there for parts.

#4, 1995 SC2m, 163K, 400 Miles per quart. Garage queen. Currently in 1000 pieces for a rebuild.
#5, 1998 SW2m, rebuilt at 126K, Totaled at 205K miles.
#6 1997 SC2a, 179K, Needs a new head.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to macbox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help macbox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
macbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:49 AM   #28
dennis marshall
dennis marshall is on a distinguished road

I take my 2007 ION sedan to my dealer Saturn of Totowa NJ. I have known the service manager since he was a service writer at the dealer where I purchased my previous Saturn a 1997 SL 1 automatic off-lease back in 2000. He recommended the ION and I am glad that he did. The work is always done right and I get straight answers. Anytime I have a question or concern I can pick up the phone and call. I hope that Saturn has a future because this service department is a prime example of the Saturn philosophy of putting the customer first.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dennis marshall's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dennis marshall reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dennis marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:46 AM   #29
sdsubzero4
sdsubzero4 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I take it to my dealer. I figure they know the car and I usually get good services there. So far, I only had to go back for scheduled maintainance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sdsubzero4's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sdsubzero4 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sdsubzero4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #30
wilnaylor
wilnaylor is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Wrench Re: Where Do You Get Your Saturn Serviced?

i take mine ('02 LW200) to the local Petro-Canada Certiguard garage eh, they're 1 of the few shops that actually have a smoke machine so and they're CAA certified/recommended

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wilnaylor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wilnaylor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wilnaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:55 AM   #31
brucesing
brucesing is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
2008 Astra XE

I go to my retailer. They know that I'm a loyal customer and treat me very well. That is why I have stayed with Saturn even though one of my Saturn's was very problematic.

I have also used other brands as my company car and their service was pitiful in comparison. (Buick, Cadillac, Jeep, Ford, Chrysler, Pontiac)

I hope that Saturn stays around and becomes the US brand for Opel vehicles!

Was 4 Saturn Family, now 3
2008 Aura XE (Silver)
2008 Aura XE (Red)
2008 Astra XE (Sold, replaced by Ford Fiesta)
2000 SL2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to brucesing's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help brucesing reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
brucesing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #32
1994Saturn
1994Saturn will become famous soon enough

1994 SL2
1994 SL1
Happy Re: Where Do You Get Your Saturn Serviced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
I saw a similar topic in the S-Series forum, and thought it would make a good site-wide poll: Where do you most often get your Saturn serviced for routine maintenance? Do you take it to your local retailer, a national auto repair chain, a small independent shop, or do you do it yourself? Why? Post your thoughts.

Thanks!
Charlie

Good Question Charlie!

Well I dont, i do everything that i can DIY myself. If i had to take it to a shop to get the oil changed or to clean the TB, The car would not be worth it.

Current:
1998 SL2 Auto issues 112K
1995 Eagle Vision 3.5L TSI 117K
Past:
98 SL1 254k miles Valves Burnt.
94 SL2 125K miles Diff Pin Blew!
94 SL1 Sold @134K.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1994Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1994Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1994Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #33
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

I have my Aura serviced right at the Saturn retailer. From Oil Changes, to tire rotations.

I really enjoy their service and have decided to give them the extra business. They treat me very well, some of the people at the Saturn dealer even know me by name!

They do wonderful work! Everything has always been done correctly and neatly. The warranty work is done beautifully.. Usually quickly as well, and if it isn't they provide a rental for me.

Saturn of Orchard Park is definitely an awesome retailer.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:39 AM   #34
wlhawk
Advanced Member
wlhawk is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
2004 VUE 3.5L

If I cann't do it myself, the dealer would be my next choice

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wlhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wlhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wlhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #35
Biohzrd1
Biohzrd1 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan

I do what I can myself...from there I'll get someone that knows how to do it or take it to a shop

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Biohzrd1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Biohzrd1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Biohzrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #36
first amendment
first amendment is on a distinguished road

up until my warranty expired I took it to the dealer. Now I just do it myself.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to first amendment's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help first amendment reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
first amendment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #37
whatsupfromcali
whatsupfromcali is on a distinguished road

my garage! just did oil change, spark plugs, replaced shocks struts, springs, rear sway bar. took tires in to be done, everything else I do.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to whatsupfromcali's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help whatsupfromcali reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
whatsupfromcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #38
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

if i can't do the service it's off to Saturn Of Mentor...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #39
Warren
Warren is on a distinguished road

I am a true "all thumbs guy" when it comes to auto repairs. Indeed, I once took a course in small engine repair and the instructor said I was the first guy he had ever met that couldn't get a three piece engine back together. This being said, I therefore always take my 08 Vue XR/AWD purchased in Oct of 07 back to my retailer, (417 Saturn, Ottawa, Canada). They know the vehicle and they know me. So far, just regular servicing which is such a treat from my former dealer (Toyota) where even when I took the vehicle in for an oil change (they had a quick lube that was competitive with the "oil changers"), they (the dealer) managed to find something that needed immediate attention - cost 200 to 500 dollars.
Love my Saturn Vue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #40
saturnsl293
Advanced Member
saturnsl293 is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2

pretty much I do everything within reason myself (figuring no major special tools required that would be used once then never touched again). I have yet to find a shop since moving to Az though I haven't needed anything I can't do myself until recently (more not comfortable with trying over unable to do). I haven't talked to a local dealer but have asked them about a few prices (parts that I could handle).

though I've met a good group of Saturn owners out here that are pretty supportive and some really know Saturn's better then me so I'll probably be asking them for help (when needed) or using their shops (if the job is far enough over my head).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsl293's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsl293 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsl293 is offline   Reply With Quote