SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
Smee
Smee is on a distinguished road

Default 08 Outlook XR seat covers

Can anyone suggest a source for front seat SHEEPSKIN covers? I can only find synthetics.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Smee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Smee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: 08 Outlook XR seat covers

alot of places out there but make sure it is made for the outlook so the sides are open and you dont cover up the bags. believe it or not i have seen some do that

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE

Good luck with the sheepskin search !

In general re: mentioned airbags;
..... I purchased a set of basic "Bell" seat covers a couple months bk, and just today (coincidentally) i read the fine print warning on the back of the box, regards seat side-mounted airbags, and then confirmed there IS seat side embedded air bags in these Outlooks, which they obviously don't want ya to cover so you experience the whole airbag happenin' , if they were ever deployed !

Even if you do find a sanctioned seat cover or say to heck with these little airbags .... even a service rep at the dealership was wondering how ya would install with their plastic collar around the seat base and also the bottom curved plastic tray at the back of the seat. How ya going to get your hands in there to hook things up snuggly ? With the XE even up front of the seat unit beyond the manual seat fwd/bck release there is a huge compoments plug, that you kind of wonder (or should) is it insulated properly will i have enough clearance from the fabric if it fits that far down ?!
(I think of those things 'cause my vehicles I keep for more than decade and even the best have some component wear)

All my vehicles since '75 never had this airbag tech' My now semi-retired '86 Accord was involved in two accidents in the last yr both while parked both while I was down the street visiting, both ... ! drivers.

Air bags I'm somewhat terrified about them with the deaths reported (and not) related to them.
Air bags will kill me likely with all the (toxic) powder that is involved in their op'. Oh geeez if made along the PacificRim, do we really want to know what the powder is comprised of

Yes, I always wear a seatbelt which is like wearing a helmet while cycling . . . feel unsafe without either so it is a quick reminder to use, even before vehicle transmission engaged !

Going into the shop tomorrow will ask them where they deploy specifically maybe i can make a neat cut to allow for these elbow protectors.

Really I won't use cell phones nor Onstar hands-free chat phone while driving. Shucks,i won't even give out my vehicles onstar ph # and I won't repeat what i thought when OnStar first came on to give me a verbal invite to review their system as i pulled away, making the corner at a controlled intersection .. i just called out "CANCEL" vs off, so it shutup while i fumed a bit) !

BUT these specific side airbags that will never be deployed (unless one of those deranged red light runner/ speeder-weavers impact us) . . . . . are the least of my must-haves but being active tech is worrisome !

Now I hope i just did not 'hex' my vehicles

IMHO,
doug c

Last edited by Doug C; 12-07-2008 at 07:52 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:58 AM   #4
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE

In the shop today for service asked the service rep where in the seat back does the airbag pop out he was unaware nor would the techs know ! I guess if they require replacing it has always been done at a autobody shop !

He did say though Saturn/GM does NOT recommend seatcovers on seat configured with these embedded airbags !

I presume if you damage or stain them, you'll run in and buy a new seat skin

nite,
doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

there is a door on the side of the seat that opens

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote