SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2008, 02:16 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Jill Lajdziak Deserves Kudos for Addressing the General Motors Restructuring Plan Dir

A new story entry has been added:

Jill Lajdziak Deserves Kudos for Addressing the General Motors Restructuring Plan Directly with the Saturn Community

Quote:
Less than 24 hours after General Motors announced it was planning to "explore alternatives" for Saturn, the brand's general manager, Jill Lajdziak, spoke directly to the Saturn community by way of her ImSaturn blog to address the issue. While she couldn't go into too much detail due to the sensitive and complex nature of the situation, Jill did explain what the immediate next steps are for Saturn. And she also promises more updates in the future.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2008, 03:35 AM   #2
white95SL1
white95SL1 is on a distinguished road

1992 SC
2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Jill Lajdziak Deserves Kudos for Addressing the General Motors Restructuring Plan

That she does. And you sir deserve kudos for keeping us so well informed on the whole situation.

Brandon

'92 Saturn SCm- Red & Silver (rebuild in progress)
'04 Saturn VUE Red Line- Black Onyx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to white95SL1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help white95SL1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
white95SL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
Blair1118
Blair1118 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Jill Lajdziak Deserves Kudos for Addressing the General Motors Restructuring Plan

So here's my question, I've seen this basic article in a few different sites and I'm left with one question, what is this "unique relationship" with the dealers??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Blair1118's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Blair1118 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Blair1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:32 AM   #4
Falconfire
Falconfire is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

I sure its in relation to how a lot of these dealers where brought in back in the day when Saturn was formed. For the most part, except for a few exceptions most Saturn dealers are Saturn dealers and have no other relation to GM. Though I doubt it now there might even be some dealers out there who still have contracts with GM from way back when Saturn was for the most part a separate entity of GM.

My dealer is actually a Chevy dealer as well, and I have seen it go from two buildings into one building split between Saturn and Chevy as GM reincorporated Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Falconfire's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Falconfire reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Falconfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:52 AM   #5
DeMAN
Advanced Member
DeMAN is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
While we were making progress on a plan, it was based on a U.S. industry rate of 14 million sales per year -- which is what was projected a mere five weeks ago. However, the industry outlook for 2009 has changed dramatically and it is now projected at approximately 12 million sales per year.
Someone should have been looking at this site and especially the Aura and Outlook forums. The conversation has came up several times about the number of day of cars in inventory.

Maybe the CEO at Walmart needs to show the US automakers how to control inventory to stay profitable instead of making excuses.

However in saying this I hope congress remember that if the Big Three goes down parts that are dealer only items will also go away. I can see auto theft going way up on US autos if the Big Three goes under

DeMAN

95 SC2
97 Grand Prix GTP
06 Acura TL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DeMAN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DeMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DeMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
Emanuel
Emanuel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair1118 View Post
So here's my question, I've seen this basic article in a few different sites and I'm left with one question, what is this "unique relationship" with the dealers??
I was able to find a copy of the "Saturn Franchise Agreement" on the web. The agreement requires the retailer to operate according to the Saturn Way and is pretty detailed in spelling this out along with rules on selling the franchise. Almost all the obligations in the agreement are on the retailer.

The only protection to the retailer in the event of Saturn closing down is that "if the agreement is terminated then the Franchisor will provide assistance as specified in the "Termination Assistance Manual"

I have not been able to find a copy of the Termination Assistance Manual. I would like to know what assistance GM would have to provide.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Emanuel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Emanuel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #7
wei_
wei_ is on a distinguished road

Franchise Operations Team should be Franchise Operations Group. FOG makes a much better abbreviation.

But yes, Kudos to Jill for the quick turnaround. I'm sure she'll eventually inform the masses of a similar endgame to Olds.

The irony is we may find out on Dec 12 -- the 8th anniversary of when Olds' demise was officially announced. In 1908 Oldsmobile joined GM. 100 years later GM has yet to learn from their mistake with Olds:
Quote:
Ransom E. Olds had left the company four years before that, dismayed that the company was turning toward manufacturing high-end cars in contrast to his own vision of building inexpensive cars for the masses

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wei_'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wei_ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #8
pilotboy01
pilotboy01 is on a distinguished road

Mad Re: Jill Lajdziak Deserves Kudos for Addressing the General Motors Restructuring Plan

I have been following Saturn as a brand since 1989. I have had 7 Saturnís since 1993. I love this company so much that I quit my job several years ago to go sell them. I didn't do that for the money, I did it because of who and what Saturn stood for. I no longer work for Saturn, but the passion, love, and connection I feel with this company (THAT STARTED MORE THAN A DECADE BEFORE I STARTED TO WORK FOR IT) runs deep in my veins and my heart. I have been one of the most vocal supporters that you can find for this brand, and GM as a result. I have sung the praises since I was laughed at for buying a plastic car form a one car...Car Company, to now when they have the single best domestic car lineup hands down. I have stood by this company when GM was starving it of product, stripped it of its great ideas for its other brands, and treated it as a ******* stepchild to keep other divisions happy.

During this time I would have bought foreign brands if it had not been for Saturn. Saturn has had me as a sales conquest since 1993. I love the service, innovation, styling, and the fact that I am buying from a brand with a direction and is reliant on teamwork. I don't get that from any other domestic manufacture.

All I can think about with this realignment that GM is talking about, is how wrong the path that they are seeking is. Buick is a 3 vehicle division that has a beautiful gas guzzling SUV in the Enclave, and 2 cars that have a sales demographic that will be deceased in 5 years. While Buick may sell a lot of cars in China, they don't have those cars or sales here. So why not make Buick a Chinese brand only, the only people that will complain in this country will pass away from natural causes soon enough that they won't be a problem, and they would just move up to a Cadillac anyway.

Saturn is now the Mid-grade division that Oldsmobile and Buick once were. Plus Saturn can fight the imports on even footing now that they are getting GM's best vehicles.....OPEL. People should feel sick when they see the garbage that GM gives us stateside in comparison to what GM Europe gets. Saturn was about to change that with the right support and product mix from Opel and Vauxhall if given the chance.

Meanwhile, GM wants to keep Buick, Pontiac (sort of), and GMC instead of Saturn? I've already shown my dismay at the Buick decision, now for GMC and Pontiac which have the same problem as one another. All cars at Pontiac are rebadged or reskinned Chevys with the exception of the Solstice (reskinned Saturn), G8 (rebadged Holden), and Vibe (rebadged Toyota with a stupid and outdated manufacturing arrangement). Pontiac doesn't have one car that is their own domestic product. I can go to other brands with the exception of the G8, and get better versions of the same vehicle. As for GMC, can anybody show me something from that division that I can't get at Chevy? And if you can, why not just give it to Chevy?

Pontiac and GMC don't sell anything that isn't already being sold by another division of GM in this country. Buick is too small as a division, sells inefficient cars to old people that can buy the same thing at Cadillac, and also does not have any vehicles that aren't shared domestically. Meanwhile Saturn makes Hybrids, has vehicles (and was supposed to be getting more vehicles) that no other brand would share in North America. Saturn fights the imports by importing cars (and designs for domestic production) from GMs' best division OPEL.

Saturn a different kind of company / Saturn a different kind of car
While this may have changed with product lines, designs, contracts, and factories over the years with Saturn....the above statement still holds true today. As long as Saturn stays on the path it has been on the past couple of years, I will continue to buy them, and by default stay a GM conquest customer. But if GM hurts, shrinks, sells, or dissolves Saturn, GM can say goodbye to me (Saturn owner), my wife (Saab Owner), my dad (Saturn Owner), my mom (Pontiac owner), my grandparents (Saturn owners). The reason for this is I am an auto enthusiast that many people come to for their purchasing and leasing advice, or in the cases above, I go with them and basically make the decisions for them. There are many Saturn fans like me, who are as vocal and enthusiastic to the people around them as me. Not only have I directly made the purchase decisions for the people above, but I have swayed the purchase decisions for many other family members, friends, neighbors, and co-workers for years, and I will continue to do so. I know people like me affect the outcome of a lot of purchases each year, and you can speculate how many and then multiply that number by the number of people who are out there like me, and you will start to understand the type of sales influence over all that we have each year.

If GM does any of what I described above to Saturn, I will take any of my future sales, and as many of my direct and indirect families, friends, neighbors, and co-workers sales along with me till the day I die. Let me give you a big hint before you make any rash decision GM, here it is..."HATE IS LOVE REJECTED OR LOVE SCORNED!" The Saturn fan base is among the most loyal and loving fan bases of any car company, and you are about to reject and scorn our love for this company. You are about to try and save 3 of your brands out of nothing but stupid and misdirected tradition, when they currently make no sense as car companies. They are rebadges without innovation, identity, and future fan or loyalty base. Saturn has a bright innovative, original, and objective future if you can get rid of the divisions that don't make sense, for the future of the one that does. OTHERWISE MY VOICE MAY ONLY BE 1 OF 280 MILLION VOICES IN THIS COUNTRY, BUT I WILL MAKE SURE THAT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE UNTILL THE DAY I DIE HERE THE CRY OF "NEVER BUY A GM CAR OR TRUCK AGAIN!!!" And at that point you might as well consider me a future Volkswagen, Honda, Mazda, Toyota, Nissan, Audi, Bmw, or ECT owner and any one that I can convince to come with me!

Long live Saturn!!!
Brian K.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pilotboy01's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pilotboy01 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pilotboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #9
mars_volta
Advanced Member
mars_volta is on a distinguished road

she doesnt deserve anything.

2005 Legacy GT LTD
94 SL2
95 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mars_volta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mars_volta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mars_volta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:38 AM   #10
ByeByeSaturn
ByeByeSaturn is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Re: Jill Lajdziak Deserves Kudos for Addressing the General Motors Restructuring Plan

No polymer=no saturn!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ByeByeSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ByeByeSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ByeByeSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
DeMAN
Advanced Member
DeMAN is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotboy01 View Post
All I can think about with this realignment that GM is talking about, is how wrong the path that they are seeking is.
Long live Saturn!!!
Brian K.
I agree with what you said with one exception that you didn't mention. Saturn Outlook should not be a part of the Saturn lineup especially now the the Traverse is sold under the chevy name. The Traverse could be the combination of all the versions that preceeded it although I would only make it in three version base and loaded and a hybrid version. The Aura should be place somewhere between the Malibu and the CTS. Its not there now.

DeMAN

95 SC2
97 Grand Prix GTP
06 Acura TL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DeMAN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DeMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DeMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #12
Saturn#5
Saturn#5 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
2007 VUE 2.2L

Brian K.
One word....Amen!
Sandy

Saturn#5

Saturn car history:
1995 SL2
2002 LW200
2005 ION
2007 VUE
2008 Astra

HEY GM...KISS MY ASTRA!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn#5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn#5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #13
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

That is a very respectable thing of Jill to do by posting that information. How many car companies do you know of where owners and fans are in nearly direct contact with the officials? I can't think of any other than Saturn.

It is very sad, and I would hate to see Saturn go. But, look at the facts.. This is what it may have to come down to.

Honestly, in my opinion, Saturn was launched at a bad time, and the success that it exprienced in it's 17 years is absolutely astounding.

GM is going to do whatever they have to do to make it through this mess that they/we are in. If that means Saturn, and the other brands must go, it must be done.

I would hate to see Saturn go. However, Saturn is a great piece of American Auto Industry History that I would be proud to tell anyone.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #14
justVUEit
justVUEit is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2002 VUE 2.2L

GM can count on me NEVER buying another GM again.

It doesn't matter as the company is dead anyway. Nobody wants the rest of their badge-engineered look alike drive alike rust buckets anymore anyway. And if GM thinks the Chevy Volt is their salvation? Forget it... few people I know want one and the ones that do have no place to plug them in to charge.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to justVUEit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help justVUEit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
justVUEit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #15
TechnoAura
TechnoAura is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotboy01 View Post
I have been following Saturn as a brand since 1989. I have had 7 Saturnís since 1993. I love this company so much that I quit my job several years ago to go sell them. I didn't do that for the money, I did it because of who and what Saturn stood for. I no longer work for Saturn, but the passion, love, and connection I feel with this company (THAT STARTED MORE THAN A DECADE BEFORE I STARTED TO WORK FOR IT) runs deep in my veins and my heart. I have been one of the most vocal supporters that you can find for this brand, and GM as a result. I have sung the praises since I was laughed at for buying a plastic car form a one car...Car Company, to now when they have the single best domestic car lineup hands down. I have stood by this company when GM was starving it of product, stripped it of its great ideas for its other brands, and treated it as a ******* stepchild to keep other divisions happy.

During this time I would have bought foreign brands if it had not been for Saturn. Saturn has had me as a sales conquest since 1993. I love the service, innovation, styling, and the fact that I am buying from a brand with a direction and is reliant on teamwork. I don't get that from any other domestic manufacture.

All I can think about with this realignment that GM is talking about, is how wrong the path that they are seeking is. Buick is a 3 vehicle division that has a beautiful gas guzzling SUV in the Enclave, and 2 cars that have a sales demographic that will be deceased in 5 years. While Buick may sell a lot of cars in China, they don't have those cars or sales here. So why not make Buick a Chinese brand only, the only people that will complain in this country will pass away from natural causes soon enough that they won't be a problem, and they would just move up to a Cadillac anyway.

Saturn is now the Mid-grade division that Oldsmobile and Buick once were. Plus Saturn can fight the imports on even footing now that they are getting GM's best vehicles.....OPEL. People should feel sick when they see the garbage that GM gives us stateside in comparison to what GM Europe gets. Saturn was about to change that with the right support and product mix from Opel and Vauxhall if given the chance.

Meanwhile, GM wants to keep Buick, Pontiac (sort of), and GMC instead of Saturn? I've already shown my dismay at the Buick decision, now for GMC and Pontiac which have the same problem as one another. All cars at Pontiac are rebadged or reskinned Chevys with the exception of the Solstice (reskinned Saturn), G8 (rebadged Holden), and Vibe (rebadged Toyota with a stupid and outdated manufacturing arrangement). Pontiac doesn't have one car that is their own domestic product. I can go to other brands with the exception of the G8, and get better versions of the same vehicle. As for GMC, can anybody show me something from that division that I can't get at Chevy? And if you can, why not just give it to Chevy?

Pontiac and GMC don't sell anything that isn't already being sold by another division of GM in this country. Buick is too small as a division, sells inefficient cars to old people that can buy the same thing at Cadillac, and also does not have any vehicles that aren't shared domestically. Meanwhile Saturn makes Hybrids, has vehicles (and was supposed to be getting more vehicles) that no other brand would share in North America. Saturn fights the imports by importing cars (and designs for domestic production) from GMs' best division OPEL.

Saturn a different kind of company / Saturn a different kind of car
While this may have changed with product lines, designs, contracts, and factories over the years with Saturn....the above statement still holds true today. As long as Saturn stays on the path it has been on the past couple of years, I will continue to buy them, and by default stay a GM conquest customer. But if GM hurts, shrinks, sells, or dissolves Saturn, GM can say goodbye to me (Saturn owner), my wife (Saab Owner), my dad (Saturn Owner), my mom (Pontiac owner), my grandparents (Saturn owners). The reason for this is I am an auto enthusiast that many people come to for their purchasing and leasing advice, or in the cases above, I go with them and basically make the decisions for them. There are many Saturn fans like me, who are as vocal and enthusiastic to the people around them as me. Not only have I directly made the purchase decisions for the people above, but I have swayed the purchase decisions for many other family members, friends, neighbors, and co-workers for years, and I will continue to do so. I know people like me affect the outcome of a lot of purchases each year, and you can speculate how many and then multiply that number by the number of people who are out there like me, and you will start to understand the type of sales influence over all that we have each year.

If GM does any of what I described above to Saturn, I will take any of my future sales, and as many of my direct and indirect families, friends, neighbors, and co-workers sales along with me till the day I die. Let me give you a big hint before you make any rash decision GM, here it is..."HATE IS LOVE REJECTED OR LOVE SCORNED!" The Saturn fan base is among the most loyal and loving fan bases of any car company, and you are about to reject and scorn our love for this company. You are about to try and save 3 of your brands out of nothing but stupid and misdirected tradition, when they currently make no sense as car companies. They are rebadges without innovation, identity, and future fan or loyalty base. Saturn has a bright innovative, original, and objective future if you can get rid of the divisions that don't make sense, for the future of the one that does. OTHERWISE MY VOICE MAY ONLY BE 1 OF 280 MILLION VOICES IN THIS COUNTRY, BUT I WILL MAKE SURE THAT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE UNTILL THE DAY I DIE HERE THE CRY OF "NEVER BUY A GM CAR OR TRUCK AGAIN!!!" And at that point you might as well consider me a future Volkswagen, Honda, Mazda, Toyota, Nissan, Audi, Bmw, or ECT owner and any one that I can convince to come with me!

Long live Saturn!!!
Brian K.
Brian K,

Great post!

It is sad that Saturn, and GM for that matter, could lose a customer like you. There are many out there who agree with your comments, including myself. I too fell in love with Saturn long ago. I will make a very long story short. My attraction to this car company began in the early 1990s when we studied the Saturn Corporation in a marketing class in college. I was so fascinated with this company's mission statement and business practices that I left an account manager position to become a Saturn sales consultant, as well as work in finance. I had the opportunity to train in Spring Hill, Tennessee for 5-days back in 1999 and realized that everything I had read about Saturn in that marketing class was true!

After a few years I decided to again change careers and went back for a Masters in Education. While working on my Masters, I worked part time as a service writer for one of our local Saturn retailers. Since leaving Saturn I have purchased two new Saturn automobiles, including my current Aura. I too feel the same way as you. I am ready to leave GM if the powers that be decide to eliminate that Saturn division.

2011 Buick Regal CXL RL2
Previous Saturns:
2007 Aura XE, Auto, Techno Grey with Grey Cloth
2005 Ion III, Manual, Black with Grey Leather
1999 SL2, Manual, Dark Blue with Grey Leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TechnoAura's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TechnoAura reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TechnoAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #16
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

Well stated, Brian.

You and I came to the same conclusion regarding the BPG brands and dealer group. Buick is a geriatric waste of space with zero compelling models. GMC is (aside from what the marketing would have you believe), gussied up Chevy trucks and SUVs (massively in decline, btw, and Chevy could just add the Denali trim to the top of their lineup and retain most, if not all of those sales). Pontiac, well, now there's a division everyone loves to hate. I personally like the Solstice (but it doesn't hold a candle to the Sky), and I really like the G8 (but it's a Holden, not a Pontiac!). The G6 needs to be retired, the G5 is a piece of garbage (and simply robs sales from the Cobalt anyway), the G3 is a knee-jerk reaction and simply a rebadge of the KOREAN built Aveo from Chevy.

My proposal would be to ditch the much larger BPG group, move the Solstice to Chevy, the G8 to Saturn (which is consistent with Saturn being the import-design brand), and create a new top-line of the Chevy trucks currently sold by GMC to please those buyers. You get rid of a LOT more redundancy and crappy badge-engineering that way, and you keep a brand with the best lineup in America, Saturn, and even improve it by adding the G8! Saturn is then cleanly positioned between the "every-man" brand Chevy, and the luxury brand, Caddy, as an import-fighter with European (and Aussie) designs from Opel (and Holden).

The real reasons GM wants to ditch Saturn is because 1) it has SECURED debt associated with Saturn (Spring Hill plant, and other assets) that it can essentially let go back to the bank (a la a home foreclosure), and it gets some of the $50B off it's debt list that way, and 2) the dealer network is small (440) so the cost of buying them out is less. It's short-sighted thinking that is the reason GM is in the mess they're in now, no?

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #17
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Jill hasn't done anything special for the Saturn community. She followed GM's direction to the letter. She kept quiet and dispelled the fact Saturn was for sale 6 months ago, and outright lied to everyone that it wasn't.

Saturn quality has slipped almost to the bottom of the list under her rule. I personally can't see anything beneficial she has done for the Saturn community.

Everything released on the AP all agrees that Saturn will either be sold or totally dissolved. Wagoners restructuring plans do not include Saturn.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #18
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

There is nothing of Saturn TO sell. It is no longer a wholly owned subsidiary of GM and the Spring Hill Plant is now all GM all the time and builds the Chevy Traverse. The plant there might be shut down and sold to another manufacturer. But what company would buy the "rights" to the Saturn name to simply sell the GM cars that it offers? They are not independently designed manufactured or produced in any way shape or form by Saturn because Saturn as a separate corporate entity independent of GM DOES NOT EXIST to be sold.

The trademark for the logo may be salable, the intellectual property [designs and patents and such], but Saturn no longer exists except as one of the various GM N American brands marketed by GM. That's it, folks.

Miss J, sadly, is purely the PR face of Saturn, the last of the "we're all just folks here" Saturn image. An odd thing to have when the brand is going "upscale".

Nice lady, but simply a GM figurehead now. She deserves better having been with Saturn since the beginning. Now to be GM's mouthpiece as they wind it down must be very distrurbing. She deserves more respect than some posters have given her. GM gutted her power within Saturn and the corporation at large the same way they gutted Saturn itself. Cut her some damn slack people.

If anyone can find where the Saturn Corporate "offices" are, go on up and knock on the door some time. It's probably just a broom closet GM set up for Saturn's "headquarters". As fraudulent as GM's all of a sudden "we actually DO have a turn around plan to show the Feds" recovery blueprint.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote