SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Saturn and Saab Retailers Face Uncertain Fates

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Saturn and Saab Retailers Face Uncertain Fates

Quote:
In a story about the dubious future of the Saturn brand, Chrissie Thompson from Automotive News talked to George Nahas, owner of two Saturn stores in Alabama and Florida. She wrote about how Mr. Nahas "owned only an Oldsmobile dealership when General Motors announced in 2000 that it would kill the brand.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
Patricia Barker
Patricia Barker is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saturn and Saab Retailers Face Uncertain Fates

The Los Angles Times has just reported that General Motors may opt to disconninue the Saturn line of vehicle in favor of Buick and Pontiac. I am very distressed over this news. My Saturn saved my life when I was slammed into by a hugh (and very old) Ford F250 pick up truck that was traveling at 60+ mph. That car was totaled, but I never even got whiplash.

I want to do everything I can to stop this, not just because I am a dedicated Saturn owner (3 so far), but because I believe that GM is simply thumbing their noses at Congress and they are willing to destroy the best car company out there in order to get what they want.

I want to get the word out about this and see how I can put pressure on Congress and GM to stop this stupidity. Please let me know if you and the other member have any ideas that would get the word out! A Saturn saved my life back in 2005. I want to return the favor.

Please let me know what I can do.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Patricia Barker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Patricia Barker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Patricia Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

saturns will be sold as opels at buick, pontiac, opel gmc dealers but it could be up to 2 years. no outlook, sky or aura as buick or pontiac have versions of those cars. just opel astra opel vue (wont be called vue) and a new opel import

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Saturn and Saab dealers face uncertain fates

its just sad. my closest guess given what i know is aura,sky and outlook dropped. the opel astra , opel vue (wont be called vue) and a new opel import will be sold by buick-pontiac-opel-gmc dealers but it could be a couple of years yet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #5
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

That leaves my retailer in somewhat of a mess. They sell Saturn,Saab,Cadillac and Volvo. Half of their brands may dissappear.They had Hummer and gave it up about a year ago. There are already 2 Chevy dealers, 2 Pontiac dealers, and a super dealer that has Buick-GMC less than 2 miles from them. I can only wonder what would happen if Ford drops Volvo!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
PA0304
PA0304 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saturn and Saab dealers face uncertain fates

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
its just sad. my closest guess given what i know is aura,sky and outlook dropped. the opel astra , opel vue (wont be called vue) and a new opel import will be sold by buick-pontiac-opel-gmc dealers but it could be a couple of years yet.
Opel hasn't the best rep, so what's left will go headlong to the automotive abyss with little fanfare. The VUE is history, the Astra was a mistake from the beginning and unfortunatley the Sky will meet it's demise desptite it's niche appeal. The Pontiac version will be history too, so perhaps there will be a Volt-hybrid-methane Sky in Chevy colors or something. What a pity.

The execs in the glass castle still don't get the task at hand. Pity.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PA0304's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PA0304 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PA0304 is offline   Reply With Quote