SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
kwguy
kwguy is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L
Default need new quarter panel

I had a near miss rear end collision yesterday. I was sitting at a light and just happened to look up in time to see the car behind me dive for the shoulder as an old Ford truck was sliding and skidding to a stop behind us. I have never seen anything like this before, and just sat there watching the whole thing happen instead of actually moving my vue. His rear end slid towards us, then slid away, and then slid back and smacked my driver side mirror. I hadn't felt any other bumps(but I've also never been in an accident in a "plastic" car before), so I pulled my mirror back over and checked it. The dude pulled over and apologized profusely, but I never got out to look at my car to see if there was any damage. ( Looking back on it, I should have listened to my wife and looked, but I was so jacked up on adrenaline that I wasn't thinking clearly. It didn't "feel" like we got hit, so I just assumed we were lucky.) We went our separate ways, and an hour later when I got out of my car, that is when I saw that the driver side quarter panel now has a hole in it the size of a quarter. It is where the panel and bumper cover meet, and I don't see any cracks in the bumper cover. So, where do I find a "new" quarter panel. I looked on Rockauto, and they only carry front fenders. I also checked Ebay and they only have the right side right now. Does anyone know where I can get this thing and a rough estimate of what I'm going to spend. I'm in the Seattle area, and have no problem pulling the part myself if needed, and I also have no problem if it is a different color. I have an '02 silver vue. I was thinking that I could take it to the local community college and have the auto body program paint it if I need to. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kwguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kwguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kwguy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: need new quarter panel

According to copartfinder.com, Peats Auto Inc in Auburn has a white '07 VUE. The number to Peats is (253)804-2471. There's an '02 over in Spokane.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote