SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 12:32 PM   #1
FFWD

Default Competent Saturn dealer in Mississauga/Toronto/Oakville area?

If any of you have been following my posts, you'll know my '93 SL2 has a number of issues which I am slowly but surely resolving thanks to all of you. However, I found out that brand new, unsold, 2002 SL's are available at a pretty good cash/finanace/lease rate. The way I see it, if I go for a new car, I'll be covered by factory warranty for the next few years, but I'm concerned about all the bad experiences I and many others have had with incompetent dearler service. Can anyone in the Mississauga/Toronto/Oakville area recommend dealerships with competent service techs? Of better yet, are there any independent Saturn authorized service centers not affiliated with a particular dealership?

Thanks all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FFWD's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FFWD reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2002, 05:12 AM   #2
Alan eh?
Alan eh? is on a distinguished road

Saturn of Hamilton East, here in Hamilton seems pretty good. I have not been dealing with them for a long time, but they have done a good job for me. You can get to the fairly easily off the Skyway Bridge, although it is a bit of a drive for you I admit.

=Alan=

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Alan eh?'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Alan eh? reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-21-2002, 08:47 AM   #3
FireMate
FireMate is on a distinguished road

I'm only saying this because before working here, I was a customer!

Try MotorCity Saturn in Whitby, we are truly an incredible place!

(CanVueYes can attest to that!)

We were one of the first Saturn Facilities to open up in Canada over a decade ago, and we've got a lot of good reputation and clout (and hey, we've got a $100,000 car wash for free use to Saturn owners whenever the car is dirty, can't go wrong with that!).

If you have any questions, or want to give us a try, private message me and I'll give you a toll free number if you like!

FireMate

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FireMate's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FireMate reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:14 AM   #4
y2chuck
Advanced Member
y2chuck is on a distinguished road

Of course everyone will say their dealer is the best, so I guess I will do the same.
Saturn on the Queensway (Queensway and East Mall Road) has fantastic service. We have bought 3 Saturns from them and will go back for a 4th when the time comes. Car is always finished on time, and the staff is great. Getting service at a dealer is more pricey, but piece of mind is more important than saving $10 on an oil change to me.
They always explain what was done to the car and never give you the brush-off if you have questions.
They even pay attention to small details like taking the plastic seat cover and paper floor cover from the car after washing it and returning it to the customer.
Saturn on the Queensway really embodies the entire Saturn philosophy of great service. No-pressure sales and great service. Geez, I sound like an infomercial....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to y2chuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help y2chuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-21-2002, 10:48 AM   #5
saturncanuck
saturncanuck is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2006 ION-3 Sedan
Thumbs Up

Here's a plug for SAturn Saab Isuzu of Thornhill. Great service dept, friendly staff, great sales people, convenient central location.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-21-2002, 12:29 PM   #6
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

Bought my 2003 Vue at SSI of Mississauga. Had a good purchase experience. Took forever (11 weeks) to get it but I understand it was a Spring Hill problem, not a retailer problem.

I haven't had any service work done yet but my wife and I are attending a service clinic tomorrow night so I'll get a better idea of the facility/capabilities.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-22-2002, 03:16 PM   #7
SATURNOFPLANO
SATURNOFPLANO is on a distinguished road

Dizzy

I must say that it is a sad state of affairs when someone has to ask for a "reputable Saturn Facility". I am a long way from any of you guys, but our CSI is 6 points above the Saturn average in sales and 7 points above in service. I would say that's reputable when you consider that Saturn is #1.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SATURNOFPLANO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SATURNOFPLANO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-22-2002, 09:21 PM   #8
DreDre
DreDre is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Yeah SSI of Missisauga is pretty good, also try Budd's SSI in Oakville. Or if you don't mind travelling a bit further Leggat SSI in Burlington would hook you up pretty nice. Either way all three will take care of you in Saturn style and with Saturn satisfaction

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DreDre's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DreDre reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-23-2002, 05:09 AM   #9
Alan eh?
Alan eh? is on a distinguished road

"Yeah SSI of Missisauga is pretty good, also try Budd's SSI in Oakville. Or if you don't mind travelling a bit further Leggat SSI in Burlington would hook you up pretty nice. Either way all three will take care of you in Saturn style and with Saturn satisfaction"

Can't say I'm impressed with Leggat, but if you want to discuss that, lets do it via email.

=Alan=

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Alan eh?'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Alan eh? reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-23-2002, 07:42 AM   #10
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Second Delivery Clinic

Quote:
Originally posted by DreDre
Yeah SSI of Missisauga is pretty good, also try Budd's SSI in Oakville...
I undestand they're both owned by the same group (Budd's).

Not meaning to hijack this thread but I had my Second Delivery Clinic last night at SSI of Mississauga. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience! Very well organized and executed, plus the finger foods and beverages were good.

They took us through servicing your Saturn (all models), recommended intervals and so on. Then we broke into 3 groups for tours of the service area. It's not particularly large (only 5 bays) but well organized and neat. I noticed a DOHC 4 sitting on the ground with the valve cover off. In my group we first looked at the under-hood areas of an L, S and Vue. The technician pointed out specific locations for fluid checks and explained what some of the major components look like. The Vue they had was a '03 Active Expression with the Ecotec and VTi setup. Very nice! And so much room under the hood compared to the L81! Anyway, the next stop on the tour was with one of the Service Managers who talked about changing your oil and had a "show and tell" of various other wear items on cars, like brake pads, rotors and a clutch assembly, among others. The final stop was underneath an L and S to look at various suspension components, exhaust system, where the second oxygen sensor is on an S, etc. Again I was very impressed with the professionalism and knowledge the technical people had. The icing on the cake was a demonstration of a deploying airbag. Talk about loud! Now I know how explosive it is!

I guess the take-home message was: change your oil regularly!! Follow the 3 month/5000 km interval religiously! It doesn't matter if Saturn or anyone else does it, just do it! It's the best thing you can do for your car.

The whole clinic lasted about 2 hours and was very informative, plus I got a free car wash (even though it was already raining out, but it's the thought that counts). I would highly recommend any new Saturn owners attend one if your retailer offers it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-23-2002, 06:00 PM   #11
TorontoLS2
TorontoLS2 is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Midtown Saturn (Eglinton & Brentcliffe) is excellant. On my second Saturn, bought both there and had them serviced there over the last 6 years. Supurb service.......etc

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TorontoLS2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TorontoLS2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread