SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Drag Limited
Drag Limited is on a distinguished road

2001 SC1
Default 2001 SC1 OEM Fog Lights?

Has anyone installed factory fog lams on a 3rd gen(?) SC? My car came with out them and I perfer to have them if possible. I am not much of a fan of aftermarket fog lights unless someone has some pictures of a really clean install to change my mind on a 2001+

Thanks for the help!

1997 Nissan 240sx SR20 swap, FPBIGT28 Turbo, FMIC, 3" turbo back, HKS Cams, 11.9 @ 119MPH SOLD
1997 Ford Ranger *Beater* SOLD
2001 Honda S2000 Mostly Stock SOLD
2001 Saturn SC1 *Beater*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Drag Limited's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Drag Limited reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Drag Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
dlfretz
dlfretz is on a distinguished road

2002 SC1
Wrench Re: 2001 SC1 OEM Fog Lights?

I've done it on my 2002 SC1. I pretty sure no SC1 came with them from the factory. I got the lamp housings and the brackets off EBay. I got the wiring to hook it up from a 2000 SC2 with the inside the grille bump. The wiring setup is the same and the fog light bulb connectors are the same. The ground connection is the same. The SC1 engine fuse relay box is setup internally for the fog lights. In fact the wiring is there up to the relay box. Just get some of the relay stand offs to plug in the fog lamp relay. You should also take note how the wiring harness plugs into the relay box for the install. I got the Silverstar 880 bulbs to put in the fog lights assemblies.

The fog relay wiring is under the dash board. All you need is the light dimmer box with the relay button. I got this off Ebay as well.

It works like I had an SC2. Even though I'm running economically with an SC1 engine. The install looks stock.

Last edited by dlfretz; 11-20-2008 at 03:36 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dlfretz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dlfretz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dlfretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
dlfretz

2002 SC1
Default Re: 2001 SC1 OEM Fog Lights?

I forgot to add that the SC and SL fog lamp assemblies are completely different and not interchangable.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dlfretz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #4
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

i love the factory fog lamps on the 2001 sc2. that's one of the reasons i got the sc2.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #5
Drag Limited
Drag Limited is on a distinguished road

2001 SC1

I can't find the assemblies ANYWHERE online. I called my local saturn dealer and they can get them for $100 each.
Anyone have any aftermarket ones w/ pictures on a 3rd gen?

1997 Nissan 240sx SR20 swap, FPBIGT28 Turbo, FMIC, 3" turbo back, HKS Cams, 11.9 @ 119MPH SOLD
1997 Ford Ranger *Beater* SOLD
2001 Honda S2000 Mostly Stock SOLD
2001 Saturn SC1 *Beater*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Drag Limited's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Drag Limited reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Drag Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:39 AM   #6
dlfretz

2002 SC1

I don't have any aftermarket ones. I do, however, have the left plastic lens without the mounting bracket. I got it in case that I couldn't find a pair forsale.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #7
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag Limited View Post
I can't find the assemblies ANYWHERE online. I called my local saturn dealer and they can get them for $100 each.
Anyone have any aftermarket ones w/ pictures on a 3rd gen?
there's wrecking yards all over the usa. someone's bound to have them. keep looking...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #8
dlfretz

2002 SC1

I went looking through the picture gallery on this website. I seem to recall seeing someone that had fit round fog lamp into the plastic inserts. They were probly projector fog lamps due to the size.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-24-2008, 01:07 AM   #9
2000mc
2000mc is on a distinguished road

1999 SC1

used ones seem like a bad idea, on the ones i see running around here the lenses are cloudy as hell.

i mounted some aftermarket lights in the same location as the sc2's. or atleast where i think they were mounted... theyre mounted to the bottom of the impact bar. this is also what really stands between you and a clean install. i might have done more than absolutely required, but i had the headlights out, the front bumper cover off, and drilled larger holes through the topside of the impact bar so i could get a socket to the mounting bolt.

i also liked the aftermarket over the factory option, i used hella ff 75 lights. glass lens and 55w. cheapest i could find them was $75 from performanceoffroadcenter.com

sorry i dont have any pics, but just imagine those lights in the stock location, looks fine. only thing that seems out of place is that they're the shiniest thing on the car, but even then they're sunk back in behind the front edge of the vehicle a little ways.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2000mc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2000mc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2000mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #10
dlfretz

2002 SC1

The used ones I got look perfectly fine.

I should add to my instruction above that you need the metal standoffs underneath the relay and fuse in the engine bay to make it work.

Also I found a pair of the pre 2000 fog lamp housing at one recycling yard in Houston. They were still attached to the bumber. However, I'm not sure the wiring is still there. One lense looked cloudy. The other one is fine. The cloudy one could be cleared up though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #11
banditkaine
banditkaine is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2

Try ebay, i got stock foglights for my 2002 SL2 for about 32 dollars each.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to banditkaine's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help banditkaine reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
banditkaine is offline   Reply With Quote