SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Relay > Relay Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
sledgehammer777
sledgehammer777 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
2005 RELAY-2
Default Power Sliding Door Alarm, IP Fuse Box Location

I'm having problems with the power sliding door (duh!) where even when it is shut the alarms sounds to say it is open but there is no message in the DIC. I have turned off the power door and use it manually but the alaram still sounds. The dealer suggested I try taking the fuse out for the door and the manual says it is in the Instrument Panel Fuse Box located under the IP on the passenger side of the vehicle. I cannot find it anywhere!!!! Does anyone know where it is and how I get to it? Does anyone have a fix for these crappy doors??

------------
2005 Relay 2
2004 ION 2 Sedan
2000 SL2
1994 SL1 - Still my favorite!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sledgehammer777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sledgehammer777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sledgehammer777 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
tech360
tech360 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Power Sliding Door Alarm, IP Fuse Box Location

the right side of the dash (facing the door) is the cover for the fuse panel.
The power sliding doors on those are a b#$%h to fix. I reccomend bringing it to the dealer or just disabling them for good.
I am coming from a LOT of experience working on those sliding doors.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tech360's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tech360 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tech360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
PortCityShawn
PortCityShawn is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledgehammer777 View Post
I'm having problems with the power sliding door (duh!) where even when it is shut the alarms sounds to say it is open but there is no message in the DIC. I have turned off the power door and use it manually but the alaram still sounds. The dealer suggested I try taking the fuse out for the door and the manual says it is in the Instrument Panel Fuse Box located under the IP on the passenger side of the vehicle. I cannot find it anywhere!!!! Does anyone know where it is and how I get to it? Does anyone have a fix for these crappy doors??

Sorry to hear you're having an issue. You might want to take a pencil eraser or a small metal brush & try cleaning the array of contacts where the door meets the jam when it closes. Often these build up some oxidation & causes the alarm to sound even when the door is fully closed. If that takes care of it (it will return) make an apointment with your friendly, neghborhood Saturn store. They have a special "goo" (technical term) that will keep the oxidation at bay...

Shawn

Shawn Beaudoin
eBusiness Manager
Saturn of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, NH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortCityShawn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortCityShawn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortCityShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
4littlemonkeys
4littlemonkeys is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

Oh we had that problem. It took a lot to get fixed. I don't think there's anything you can do. I don't even have a recommendation because the doors are just so awful but I wanted you to know...you aren't the only one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 4littlemonkeys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 4littlemonkeys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
4littlemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Mary813
Mary813 is on a distinguished road

OK, here you go: I believe someone else kind of hinted the answer, but for those of you (like me) who are non-autotech, THE ANSWER IS...

(to disable the alarm on the passenger side rear sliding door, this was on my 2007 Saturn Relay): Open the plastic panel in the rear that covers the jack. Just in front of the jack, there are two rectangular plugs (the top one is grey, the bottom one is green, at least in my car; each has numerous wires coming out). Unplug the top grey one from its receptacle (there is an indentation on the plug as it faces you from the rear, you push it in and you will be able to pull out the plug).

Voila! No more door alarm! Remember, you can disable the auto sliding doors and make them manual at any time using the overhead console buttons that control those doors from the driver's seat. Check your manual for that.

I am now pleased to drive with manual sliding doors and NO ALARMS!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mary813's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mary813 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mary813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:34 PM   #6
d1940u
d1940u is on a distinguished road

2007 RELAY-3

I have the problem with drive side rear door, do you know if the other plug is for it?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to d1940u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help d1940u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
d1940u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #7
Mary813
Mary813 is on a distinguished road

Door chime started dinging again after a year, so this is the fix: remove the PSD fuses (LH PSD and RH PSD, plus PSD fuse) that are located in the fuse panel on the right side (passenger side) dash. When you open the right side passenger door you will see the plastic panel on the dash. There is a clip at the bottom of the panel you need to carefully dislodge then pull off the panel from the dash. Inside the panel is the diagram showing the fuse locations. On my 2007 Saturn Relay, it was #24, 25, and 21. I removed all three fuses, which leaves the doors in manual mode, but there is no more dinging.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mary813's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mary813 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mary813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:09 PM   #8
Avtomat
Avtomat is on a distinguished road

2007 RELAY-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1940u View Post
I have the problem with drive side rear door, do you know if the other plug is for it?
I got the driver's side rear door to stop "dinging" by disconnecting the grey plug from the module for that door. You access it from the rear compartment--you have to pop off the rear part of the plastic armrest panel. The module for the passenger side is located in the jack storage area.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Avtomat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Avtomat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Avtomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:08 PM   #9
torriciano
torriciano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledgehammer777 View Post

I had the same problem from week 2 after I bought it new from the dealership. I made various attempts to fix it to no avail. I simply accessed the
motor through the rear access panel just inside the rear lift gate . I disconnected the guide wire and it now functions as a manual door.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to torriciano's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help torriciano reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
torriciano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:13 PM   #10
torriciano
torriciano is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have a problem w/ the ABS light going on?? Can I change the abs speed sensors or are they built into the hub?? This car is a money pit. Useless piece of crap.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to torriciano's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help torriciano reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
torriciano is offline   Reply With Quote