SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR
Question Possibly getting into an '07 outlook!

Hey guys. I currently own an '07 Aura XR and we are now looking at adding an '07 outlook xr to the garage.

deets:
22,000 on the dial
one owner (gm exec)
spotless carfax
leather
captain's seating
dvd entertainment
3-zone climate control (driver, passenger, rear)

i printed out all the recall/campaign/tsb and took 'em into the dealer when i went to look at it. so far it has everything in terms of recalls & compaigns w/ the exception of the wiper transmission one which i'm going to have them take care of.

anything else i should be aware of? i did a quick search but other than the driveshaft i didn't see a whole lot of other complaints.

obviously since the same engine, trans, and ECM are in my aura, i was looking for the same trans-tune fixup they had to do on my aura and that's been issued and done on the outlook. test drive went well, probably want to have a bit of a closer look at the interior if (when) i go back to actually purchase it.

a couple of questions on used GM vehicle purchases:
1 year of onstar, still free after i buy it used?
3mo XM, same deal?

thx in advance!

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Possibly getting into an '07 outlook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
Hey guys. I currently own an '07 Aura XR and we are now looking at adding an '07 outlook xr to the garage.

deets:
22,000 on the dial
one owner (gm exec)
spotless carfax
leather
captain's seating
dvd entertainment
3-zone climate control (driver, passenger, rear)

i printed out all the recall/campaign/tsb and took 'em into the dealer when i went to look at it. so far it has everything in terms of recalls & compaigns w/ the exception of the wiper transmission one which i'm going to have them take care of.

anything else i should be aware of? i did a quick search but other than the driveshaft i didn't see a whole lot of other complaints.

obviously since the same engine, trans, and ECM are in my aura, i was looking for the same trans-tune fixup they had to do on my aura and that's been issued and done on the outlook. test drive went well, probably want to have a bit of a closer look at the interior if (when) i go back to actually purchase it.

a couple of questions on used GM vehicle purchases:
1 year of onstar, still free after i buy it used?
3mo XM, same deal?

thx in advance!
I don't believe the OnStar and XM offers apply to a pre-owned purchase...

If you read the posts on this forum you know every known weakness the vehicle has. Outlooks are nice vehicles...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Nice vehicle and much better than most SUV's design wise. Not perfect (as you will see in other threads) but a very decent vehicle all the same. Keep in mind it is a first year model so there may be some TSB's that may need be checked out before your warranty is up. An extended warranty might be a good idea as long term reliability is unknown. Good luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #4
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealvue View Post
Nice vehicle and much better than most SUV's design wise. Not perfect (as you will see in other threads) but a very decent vehicle all the same. Keep in mind it is a first year model so there may be some TSB's that may need be checked out before your warranty is up. An extended warranty might be a good idea as long term reliability is unknown. Good luck.
thanks. yeah as i said i have checked the recalls/campaigns on it and it's only missing the wiper trans one and they're going to take care of that before i take it home.

i plan on adding a car-care package to it to go to 48k or so, may talk about extended warranty then as well (if that's a different thing).

thanks for your responses.

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
myblubu
myblubu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
I don't believe the OnStar and XM offers apply to a pre-owned purchase...

If you read the posts on this forum you know every known weakness the vehicle has. Outlooks are nice vehicles...
I just noticed your post, so you may have already know the answers to your questions. The OnStar and XM radio subscriptions were most likely started by the previous owner and they received the 1 year and 3 month free trials. Sometimes they don't bother to activate things like the XM, etc. Sometimes you are also able to talk some of the services into giving you a free trial anyway. I used to be in the GM company car program and we had to buy one vehicle a year, so at 22K miles, this is most likely the vehicle they bought. Otherwise you have it for only about 3 months or so. During the program we're supposed to get all the routine maintenance completed, etc. So it should have a good maintenance record if they kept it up after they bought it. Also, even though GM is self insured and will fix most damages to the company cars themselves, they are supposed to disclose that information to the purchaser (type of damage & cost of repair - even if there is no record of it in external systems like carfax), but if the exec bought the vehicle at the end of their company car period, then this information would have been disclosed to them. Hope that helps.

"Pearl" - '07 Outlook XR FWD, Convenience, Adv. Audio, DVD, Prem. Trim, Enhanced Convenience, Touring, Trailering, Dual Skyscapes, XM, 2nd Row Captains Chairs, White Diamond Paint, Black Leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to myblubu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help myblubu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
myblubu is offline   Reply With Quote