SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Astra is Gaining Momentum in the Market

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Astra is Gaining Momentum in the Market

Quote:
Gregory J. Wilcox, columnist from the San Bernardino Sun, recently talked to Saturn spokesman Steve Janisse about the car's sales performance since its launch this past January. The Astra's sales started out around 500 per month, but rose to almost 2000 units last month. "It definitely did get off to a slow start," Janisse told Wilcox. "It's been pretty fun to watch it take off."

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
nababbo
nababbo is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Astra is Gaining Momentum in the Market

ahaha the only one I've seen in the Philadelphia area is the one on the TV commercial

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nababbo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nababbo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nababbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
emg77
Advanced Member
emg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Most of the people at my office had never heard of an Astra, and most had not seen one before. Everyone who looked at the car seemed to like it though. They seemed most impressed with the amount of interior room and trunk space in such a small car. I tell everyone that it is much bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside. Everyone is always surprised by the size of the sunroof also.

Maybe I will start a new trend at my office. I was the first person with a Vue back in 2005, and there were 5 of them in my office of about 120 by the time I turned mine in. There are also 3 Aura's. There used to be a few S-Series, but they have all been replaced. I think we have a pretty high percentage of Saturn drivers at my office.

I was alsovery surprised that I could fit a car seat and two booster seats across the back. I could barely do this in my VUE. I don't have to do that much, since we have the family hauler for that, but it's nice to know that I can if I need to.

Drives: 2014 Volt, 2015 Acadia
Past Cars: 08 Astra, 12 Enclave, 09 Traverse, 05 Vue, 04 Grand Prix, 00 Alero, 97 LeSabre, 72 Cutlass S

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emg77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emg77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Well it will get another boost as an Astra helps our 'heroes' in Transformers: Rise of the Fallen.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

astras have sold here very well since the 2000 dollars off a couple of months ago.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote