SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
HtownVue
HtownVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default "Build" a 2009 Outlook

It's not quite the same as the Saturn website, but www.carsdirect.com now lets you build a 2009 Outlook with the features you want.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HtownVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HtownVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HtownVue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
rcdice
rcdice will become famous soon enough

2009 Outlook XR
Default Re: "Build" a 2009 Outlook

I did this for real on 8-13-08 at the dealer. My new Outlook is still not here. They now tell me it's scheduled to be built the week of 9-29-08.

I'm ready for it NOW!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rcdice's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rcdice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rcdice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdice View Post
I did this for real on 8-13-08 at the dealer. My new Outlook is still not here. They now tell me it's scheduled to be built the week of 9-29-08.

I'm ready for it NOW!!
Can you cancel and opt for an '08? I hear inventory is high and they are almost giving them away. My local rep. gave me a price below invoice recently. I am just waiting for him to drop a few more thousand and I might pull the trigger

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #4
rcdice

2009 Outlook XR

Not sure about Canada, but here in the states, they are currently offering both 08's and 09's at GM employee pricing. On the Outlook, that puts you below invoice.

I had the dealer do a search within 500 miles of my city for an 08. Seemed like everything that came up was on one extreme or the other. XR with every option or an XE with no options. Most of the 08's left at the three Saturn dealers in my area are the latter (XE few options).

In the end, I really wanted an 09 for three reasons: DI engine, 20" wheels, backup camera without NAV. So, given Saturn's fixed price policy (ie. only GM incentives) I decided to just order exactly what I wanted. There was a price increase for 09 but I figure I'll get it back on the back end. In other words, if I sell/trade this vehicle in 4-5 years, an 09 will bring more than an 08 all other things being equal.

Now, if GM will just build it and get it here, life will be good!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help rcdice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
PortCityShawn
PortCityShawn is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealvue View Post
Can you cancel and opt for an '08? I hear inventory is high and they are almost giving them away. My local rep. gave me a price below invoice recently. I am just waiting for him to drop a few more thousand and I might pull the trigger
Just sold our LAST '08 Outlook... & our 1st '09!

Shawn

Shawn Beaudoin
eBusiness Manager
Saturn of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, NH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortCityShawn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortCityShawn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortCityShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCityShawn View Post
You're lucky, my local Saturn dealer is stocked with about ten 2008's that are collecting dust. The current deal is a very strange one. 0% for up to 60 months or $7000 discount on cash purchase. Then for 72 months, $8500 off but you have to finance at 9.8%. No leasing. Who thinks of these promos? Employee pricing is much more simple!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #7
rcdice

2009 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCityShawn View Post
Good for you Shawn. Keep that economy moving!!

Have you seen the new 20" touring wheels in person yet? All I've been able to come up with is a drawing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #8
PortCityShawn
PortCityShawn is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:

Have you seen the new 20" touring wheels in person yet? All I've been able to come up with is a drawing.
Not yet... we have one on order, but they haven't shipped it yet. Will shoot up a pic as soon as it lands.

Shawn

Shawn Beaudoin
eBusiness Manager
Saturn of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, NH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortCityShawn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortCityShawn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortCityShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #9
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Here's the new Outlook Touring 20" wheels straight from the GM ordering guide:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:51 AM   #10
rcdice

2009 Outlook XR

Thanks Beach109. But again, that's a drawing, not a photo. I've yet to see an actual real picture of the wheels. Nothing on Google or anywhere.

If all goes well, I'll have a set in my garage within a few weeks. If they build my Outlook next week as scheduled, should be here sometime the week of Oct. 6.

Two interesting (to me anyway ) points:

It only takes one day to build the Outlook. One day down the line and it's done.

While they opened up ordering for 09's in June, no one could order the Touring package until mid August because of the new wheels. I REALLY hope they've actually been produced and quality tested by now and are ready to go.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!