SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
Vuebird
Vuebird is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Red Line
1999 SL2
Default Recall on radio about Saturn Vue

I just heard on the radio about GM recalling the Saturn Vue (didn't mention what year) for a coolant leak problem that could lead to possible fires. I couldn't find anything on the Saturn website. Anyone heard about this?

2007 Vue Red Line FWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vuebird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vuebird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vuebird is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
MaxSL2
Advanced Member
MaxSL2 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Recall on radio about Saturn Vue

There is a recall on '08-'09 V6 VUEs coming out for a possible power steering hose leak, this may be what you heard about.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MaxSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MaxSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MaxSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
spriteman
spriteman is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

I saw the same report on cnbc when they were talking about GM. it was just a short blurb and I didn't catch it all, but they mentioned it affected ~ 50,000 vehicles. the cnbc report didn't mention which Vue model(s) were involved -- XE/XR/GL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spriteman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spriteman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spriteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Not very much info about it right now but here is the link to one article I saw about it. http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...37927320080919

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #5
LB3711
LB3711 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2007 AURA XE

I read the article posted and My father is going into saturn tomorrow for an oil change on his 08 Vue. He will check on that when he's there.

2004 Saturn Vue AWD 3.5L V6 - Sisters
2007 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L V6 - Fathers
2008 Saturn Vue XR AWD 3.6L V6 - Mothers
1998 Saturn SL2 - Cousins

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LB3711's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LB3711 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LB3711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #6
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I heard it on radio this afternoon; I believe it said 2008 VUES made from Feb. thru May of 2008. It was a connector clamp on the power steering pump that was loose and would cause fluid to leak out, no accidents were mentioned or injuries.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:09 AM   #7
Vuebird
Vuebird is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Red Line
1999 SL2

Thanks all for your answers, I really appreciate it.

2007 Vue Red Line FWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vuebird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vuebird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vuebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #8
saturnvuexr08su
saturnvuexr08su is on a distinguished road

I am one of the owners for a new 08 vue xr that had a fire. At the time it had about 2000 miles on it... I was driving to work and as I pulled into the parking lot the engine started smokeing. It was night. I opened the hood and notice the whole back wall of the engine compartment was smoldering. Called 911 and they sprayed water on it. Called saturn road side assistance and they towed it to the dealer. Dealer fixed problem in 15 minutes" oh the power fluid hose is leaking on the exhaust" like it was no big deal. They had to order special fire wall covering part. Wanted a new car but dealer didn't seem to think it was a big issue... made a big stink with GM about it. According to the recall it has happened to only 4 cars but I wonder if any go unreported because i don't think my dealer reported it to GM, I did.

By the way I could trace a trail of fluid from the parking spot to about where I had to a sharp right hand turn into the parking lot(basically a 180). It caught on fire fast and it was not a small leak... It could have been far worse if it happened on the highway and i didn't notice it fast enough.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnvuexr08su's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnvuexr08su reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnvuexr08su is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:53 AM   #9
binkybaby
binkybaby is on a distinguished road

The recall doesn't concern '02-'07 Vues because they have electric power steering and not hydraulic like the new Vues. i never knew the '08-'09 went back to conventional power steering until i heard the details of the recall.......

-sXe for life-

Former Saturn owner but still a Saturn Fan~!

2010 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to binkybaby's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help binkybaby reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
binkybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:05 AM   #10
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkybaby View Post
The recall doesn't concern '02-'07 Vues because they have electric power steering and not hydraulic like the new Vues. i never knew the '08-'09 went back to conventional power steering until i heard the details of the recall.......
From my understanding, the 08 XE FWD has electronic power steering, not hydraulic, and are not under the recall. Only the 3.5L & 3.6L have conventional power steering. It was what I was told by my service manager and also what is shown in the owner's manual.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote