SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Aura Hatchback Possible, But Wagon "Not in the Cards" Says Car and Driver

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Aura Hatchback Possible, But Wagon "Not in the Cards" Says Car and Driver

Quote:
CarandDriver.com reported earlier this week that when Saturn redesigns it's Aura midsize sedan in a couple of years, the brand may offer both a sedan and hatchback version of the car, but not a wagon variant. "A Saturn Aura wagon for the U.S. doesn't appear to be in the cards," said the magazine.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
kmacleod
kmacleod is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Aura Hatchback Possible, But Wagon "Not in the Cards" Says Car and Driver

Hopefully this will change. I find the Wagon variant of the Insignia offers the best in Style/Utility of any mid sized wagon for this potential price point.

I wanted the wagon to replace my Minivan. I am not interested in a Vue or Outlook and any other CUV.

I hope Jill can convince the GM Brass that the Wagon is a good thing.

The only thing that is left is the Astra Wagon, or the Next Gen Zafira......
If these models don't make it, Then All I'm interested in is the Saturn Flex-treme....

Ken

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kmacleod's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kmacleod reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kmacleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: Aura Hatchback Possible, But Wagon "Not in the Cards" Says Car and Driver

Things are so confusing with the next gen Aura.

Last we knew, or so I read, the next-gen Aura would NOT be a clone of the Insignia, and GM was starting work on an all new and unique Aura.

Is this no longer true? link.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
OPEL Blitz
Advanced Member
OPEL Blitz is on a distinguished road

All new and unique bumpers! Maybe some cupholders. You know, the usual.

2007 OPEL Astra Diesel

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OPEL Blitz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OPEL Blitz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OPEL Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPEL Blitz View Post
All new and unique bumpers! Maybe some cupholders. You know, the usual.
This maybe true for the Astra, I'm hoping not for the next-gen Aura.. Not that it's a bad thing, but something a little more unique would be nice.

I don't know if you are familiar with the Vectra vs Aura.. But if you parked a Swedish Vectra next to an American Aura, you would quickly see that there are very few similarites. I never truly noticed this until I was in Europe last year and got to see Vectras up close, after seeing Auras. They are very unique and different cars. Only the front end styling is vaguely familiar.

The Astra, as you said, is nearly identical from America to Europe.. Not that it is a bad thing, but individuality sets Saturn apart. It would be nice to see the next gen Aura be similar but more different to the Insignia, I would like to see it remain the size it is now, and grow slightly wider... I would also like to see it be very unique to GM-US. As in, GM won't release a next-Gen Malibu the following M.Y. that is very similar to it, and forget about the Aura.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
OPEL Blitz
Advanced Member
OPEL Blitz is on a distinguished road

Yes they said they'd do a whole new car in the future, not just change the logo. The Buick Invicta is another example, same car as the Insignia, looks very different. But, the ways of GM are unfathomable so anything can happen.

2007 OPEL Astra Diesel

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OPEL Blitz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OPEL Blitz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OPEL Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #7
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Another bonehead decision from GM... If you want an Episolon based hatchback, buy a SAAB... They're flying off the dealers lots...

A killer product would be a AWD Aura wagon. The L series and S series wagon did well. Now it would be a great alternative for people that want more room, but don't want a minivan or suv.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote