SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #1
kpauley
kpauley is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
Happy I am a top 20 finalist in the Kiss My Astra contest!!!

My photo of our Donkey and our neighbor made the top 20 so we are VERY close to winning the car. Your help in voting could make it so a Saturn Fan Member wins the car!!!

Please go to saturnkismyastra site to vote for our picture please! You can vote once per day, every day, the most votes wins!

The picture is listed under our neighbors name, Dana Roberts, and is the one with the donkey in it. The catch phrase we used was "I'd trade my Ass in for an Astra".

Our local dealer in San Jose (Ron Ryan is great if you want a car BTW) let us bring our donkeys into the showroom for the photo, really cool!

Ken

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kpauley's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kpauley reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kpauley is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: I am a top 20 finalist in the Kiss My Astra contest!!!

We made it to the top 20 as well! Ours is the one with the wedding scene.

How did you get so many votes so quickly? I checked at 6am this morning and your photo already had quite a few.

The race is on...

Here's the link to ours. Maybe the members here can alternate who they vote for. Yours one day, mine the next.

https://saturnkissmyastra.com/entries/show/363

2008 BMW 328i
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
Growser
Advanced Member
Growser is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
2000 SL1

Kpauley, the link you posted is wrong. Kiss should have two "s".
Here's the correct link: http://www.saturnkissmyastra.com/ And to both of you - great pictures!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Growser's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Growser reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Growser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
kpauley

2008 VUE 2.4L

yes, thanks for correcting the link. I've also heard that some people have had issues getting to it without the www in front of it. So the correct link is http://www.saturnkissmyastra.com.

Yes, the race is on. I have to say I did not see the wedding one that well until I opened it up, the little squares they have the photos in does not do each photo justice I think. It is worth clicking on each one and looking at them.

Tell as many people as you can to vote of course!

Ken

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help kpauley reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
KimberlySky
KimberlySky is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY

WAY TO GO Ya'll!!

~Kimberly
Onyx
3 Peds
LSD
Spoiler
Splash Guards
Sky Mats
Tint
Short Antenna
Console Saddle
DC Sports Brace Bar
AEM Intake
Dual RL Exhaust
1100 10/5/06
Mine 1/26/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KimberlySky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KimberlySky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KimberlySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
kpauley

2008 VUE 2.4L

Replying to my own post, now that things are official.....my neighbors and I won the contest!!!! Thanks everyone for your voting, take a look at this blog postings to get the latest info....

http://imsaturn.com/profiles/blog/sh...ogPost%3A60164

Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpauley View Post
My photo of our Donkey and our neighbor made the top 20 so we are VERY close to winning the car. Your help in voting could make it so a Saturn Fan Member wins the car!!!

Please go to saturnkismyastra site to vote for our picture please! You can vote once per day, every day, the most votes wins!

The picture is listed under our neighbors name, Dana Roberts, and is the one with the donkey in it. The catch phrase we used was "I'd trade my Ass in for an Astra".

Our local dealer in San Jose (Ron Ryan is great if you want a car BTW) let us bring our donkeys into the showroom for the photo, really cool!

Ken

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #7
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpauley View Post
Replying to my own post, now that things are official.....my neighbors and I won the contest!!!! Thanks everyone for your voting, take a look at this blog postings to get the latest info....

http://imsaturn.com/profiles/blog/sh...ogPost%3A60164

Ken
Congrats! Very interesting photo idea. That's also great that the dealership is letting you all upgrade to a car that works for the family by paying the difference. Hope ya'll enjoy it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:18 AM   #8
spencerb
Master Member

2008 Astra XR

Congratulations!

My retailer has delivered cars won in contests before. They had one girl win one of the Target Skys. They said that they always offer to buy the car for cash at the trade-in value, or just let them trade up to a different car. I think they said the winner has always chosen the cash over the car. One guy won a Relay and wanted the van but changed his mind.

If we won we would have kept the Astra. We've been thinking of getting a new car for my wife.

2008 BMW 328i

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:47 AM   #9
kpauley

2008 VUE 2.4L

Taking cash is always a good thing with these types of contests, if it is an option. Was not an option in this instance. Issue is around taxes, as this is taxed as income based on the MSRP, many people can't afford the tax hit... In our case, things worked out well, we did this with our neighbors and arranged things up front in case we won, so we all knew what was going to happen.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
spencerb
Master Member

2008 Astra XR

I was wondering how you would handle winning since your neighbor would be the official winner. Good thing you worked it out ahead of time!

We still won $300. Certainly worth the effort.

Did Saturn give you the option of picking a specific Astra? Did it have to be one on your dealer's lot? What if you wanted one with more options?

2008 BMW 328i

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #11
kpauley

2008 VUE 2.4L

Yea, good to figure that stuff out up front, makes things much easier down the road.

Congrats on the $300, no taxes probably to deal with either!

Which picture was yours again?

They were open to several ways of doing it, very nice that they were flexible. I think what is happening is just a credit to the dealer from corporate which is how the "trade up" that was described in the blog post is working (they're getting an Outlook, not an Astra).

Ken

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:40 AM   #12
spencerb
Master Member

2008 Astra XR

Our photo was the wedding. It's my wife in her wedding dress and our friends as the wedding party. It's my Astra and I took the photo.

2008 BMW 328i

REWARD EXCELLENCE!