SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
jwpaton
jwpaton is on a distinguished road

Default Cruise Control

I am new to Saturn ownership and new to this forum so please excuse me if I am posting this in the wrong place. My wife and I just bought a 2006 Saturn Vue V6 and we absolutely love it. My only concern is that there is no indicator light on the dash when the cruise control is engaged. Are all Saturn Vues that way or is there something wrong with ours? It's not that big of a deal but I am so used to seeing it that it kind of threw me for a loop when nothing showed up.

JP

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jwpaton's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jwpaton reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jwpaton is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Cruise Control

I have a 08 Vue so my answer may not be helpful, but I do have an indicator light on the dash when the cruise control is engaged. Hopefully, some of the 06 Vue owner's will chime in and let you know if this normal for yours or not.

BTW, Welcome to the Saturn family!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Your 2006 does not have an indicator light on the dash. The indicator is the LED on the button on the steering wheel.

Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
WarnsVue06
WarnsVue06 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2008 AURA XE

times 2

---------------
2006 VUE AWD - "Laser Blue"

Mods to come.
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/sam2004gp/Saturn/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WarnsVue06's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WarnsVue06 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WarnsVue06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
1saxman
Master Member
1saxman is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

And when the cruise won't work, remember to check the rocker button on the left side of the steering wheel - it's real easy to rock it 'off' when you don't mean to. Otherwise, the speed control works great and I think is the best one I've had.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1saxman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1saxman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackepj View Post
Your 2006 does not have an indicator light on the dash. The indicator is the LED on the button on the steering wheel.
I actually brought my Vue back to the dealer when I first got over that issue. The response I got was "you'll get used to it"......and I did. The engineers were asleep at the wheel for that one. It is pretty hard to leave your cruise on and not know it is engaged anyway.
And.........welcome to the board!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
jwpaton
jwpaton is on a distinguished road

After driving to West Chester, PA and back to AC, NJ...the cruise works great. I guess it is just going to be an adjustment. Every car I have had has had the light on the dash. I know it is pretty obvious that the cruise is on if I am doing 65 and my foot isn't on the gas. It will just take me a while to adjust since my wife doesn't let me drive it much.

Thanks for the replies.

JP

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jwpaton's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jwpaton reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jwpaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
burnout
Master Member
burnout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealvue View Post
I actually brought my Vue back to the dealer when I first got over that issue. The response I got was "you'll get used to it"......and I did. The engineers were asleep at the wheel for that one. It is pretty hard to leave your cruise on and not know it is engaged anyway.
And.........welcome to the board!
I haven't been in too many cars that notify you on the dash when the cruise is engaged. It must be hit or miss in some cars.

'13 VW CC 2.0T
'99 Volvo S70 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnout's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnout reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burnout is offline   Reply With Quote