SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Get Paid to be a Saturn Mystery Shopper

A new story entry has been added:

Get Paid to be a Saturn Mystery Shopper

Quote:
Saturn general manager Jill Lajdziak wants your help building a more satisfying retail network. She's looking for dedicated owners to participate in a new "mystery shopper" program that's designed to provide the company with direct feedback about the level of service you receive at Saturn stores. Saturn owners will soon be getting an e-mail about the opportunity from Jill, but she'd like to give SaturnFans.com visitors first dibs on becoming a Saturn Mystery Shopper

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
FGCA_XRL
FGCA_XRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Get Paid to be a Saturn Mystery Shopper

I hope it's not a scam, I just signed up for it, haha.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FGCA_XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FGCA_XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FGCA_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #3
Growser
Advanced Member
Growser is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
2000 SL1

You have to provide your social security number, full name, and birth date.
Sorry, but I'm not trading a free oil change chance for someone to steal my identity. Maybe it's legit, maybe not, but do you know the damage that can occur when someone steals your identity? The application asks for your personal information, but not your address or phone number (at least on the first page). My grandpa used to say if it sounds too good to be true.....Thanks, but no thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Growser's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Growser reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Growser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #4
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Information Re: Get Paid to be a Saturn Mystery Shopper

For what its worth, I wouldn't have posted information about the opportunity if it wasn't legitimate. The information came directly from Saturn and it is Jill's letter that is copied at the bottom of my post. Her e-mail will be sent out to Saturn owners next week. The company that Saturn is working with has been doing this type of business for awhile, and if something was shady, I think we would have seen it in the news by now (and Saturn would be working with them, because it would be a PR nightmare for them). That being said, I respect your concern about sharing your personal information with a company you are not familiar with, and I'm not questioning your decision to not participate in the program. I'm just trying to allay any fears that this is something I - or some other unscrupulous organization - put together. It's legit.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:41 AM   #5
FGCA_XRL
FGCA_XRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

They can have my identity. It ain't worth jack You can make more money by begging on a street corner, with way less risk.

Then again, I'm probably not the sort of person who gets this kind of work.

In any case, I wasn't implying that you were trying to steal our identities or anything like that. It just looks a little suspicious, but all large companies go through these outside types for mystery shops and things of that nature. I only signed up for it because I trusted you wouldn't post something that was not legit.

Last edited by FGCA_XRL; 09-10-2008 at 12:49 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FGCA_XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FGCA_XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FGCA_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:26 AM   #6
97_SL2
97_SL2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

I'm with Growser on this. If it would turn out to be a scam, then who would pay my $5k of attorney's fees from identity theft? Sure, I can trust some website to look out for my best interests & never try phishing...

In the event that it isn't a scam, why are they asking if I have life insurance, Macy's credit cards, etc...? At best, it's a marketing ploy for 28% APR kinds of things.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 97_SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 97_SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
97_SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
sethandrachel21
sethandrachel21 is on a distinguished road

I actually have done work for a mystery shopping company in Utah and others. One of them doesn't do this, but some of them will ask if you have certain types of insurance or credit cards, or shop at certain stores, or whatever to be sure to provide you with shops you are 'qualified' or not restricted to do. Also, if you already have a Macey's card, they can't send you out to do a Macey's credit card shop, since it would flag you as already having one. Same with the insurance-if you've already got the insurance, why would you be asking about starting up with it? They'd know you were secret shoppers. Either way, it's up to your own judgement. They ask for SSNs because if you make too much in commissions, they have to report it to the IRS and send you a tax form.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sethandrachel21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sethandrachel21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sethandrachel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:32 AM   #8
WillyC
WillyC is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

Just signed up for it.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WillyC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WillyC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WillyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Saturn already knows how to have a satisfying retail network. They did it 10 years ago. The buying experience and feeling when visiting a Saturn dealer now are not like they used to be.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #10
Ranger762
Ranger762 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I tried to sign up, but the link doesn't seem to work. Hmm ... I'll just come back to it, I guess.

'04 Vue
'95 Park Ave
'96 Ranger
'92 Beretta

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth."
- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, CSA

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ranger762's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ranger762 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ranger762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #11
Kaervak
Kaervak is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

I signed up for it, I could use a free tire rotation anyway. Besides, it gives me an excuse to go to the dealer and play with the Astra.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kaervak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kaervak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kaervak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #12
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

I signed up, this looks cool..

Mine said nothing about service, it was all about sales, and test-drives and everything.

I'll have to keep everyone updated on how it goes.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #13
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

I'd blow my cover right away. The parts guy would recognize me, and know that I've never paid them a dime to do any service on my car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:46 AM   #14
Shadow_tek001
Advanced Member
Shadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of light

As usual, you can't do it if you live in Canada. The sign up form has an option for Canada, but then errors out when you put a postal code in saying "please enter valid US zip code"
Great programming!

Edward

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Shadow_tek001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Shadow_tek001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Shadow_tek001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #15
king of kings
king of kings is on a distinguished road

IT'S A SCAM!!!! BEWARE..DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS!! AUTO MANUFACTURERS DO NOT DO MYSTERY SHOPPER PROMOTIONS. if you sign up for this or have signed up for this, your identity has been comprimised.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to king of kings's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help king of kings reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
king of kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:13 AM   #16
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

I've been doing this for a year or so. It got to the point where I've shopped every dealership within a reasonable range with all of my cars. I got identified on one of them (there was a problem with my car and the company told me to go back and get them to fix it - unfortunately it led to me getting identified) so now I'm out for 18 months.

As for King of Kings - wake up and get your nose out of the dirt. Almost every retail store of every type of merchandise does mystery shopping. I've done pet stores, coffee shops, fast food, sit-down restaurants, electronics stores, department stores, you name it. I've even done amusement parks and gas stations. I've seen listings for 5 other car brands, both service and sales. Everyone gets mystery shopped - the scam is when you PAY to get information on shopping. That information is available completely for free if you don't just click the first link you get.

For those who are interested in other mystery shopping opportunities (nothing like getting paid for what you already do), PM me and I'll get you a link to a the most well-known and well respected free listing of mystery shopping companies, where I get all of my assignments from.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #17
king of kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazie View Post
I've been doing this for a year or so. It got to the point where I've shopped every dealership within a reasonable range with all of my cars. I got identified on one of them (there was a problem with my car and the company told me to go back and get them to fix it - unfortunately it led to me getting identified) so now I'm out for 18 months.

As for King of Kings - wake up and get your nose out of the dirt. Almost every retail store of every type of merchandise does mystery shopping. I've done pet stores, coffee shops, fast food, sit-down restaurants, electronics stores, department stores, you name it. I've even done amusement parks and gas stations. I've seen listings for 5 other car brands, both service and sales. Everyone gets mystery shopped - the scam is when you PAY to get information on shopping. That information is available completely for free if you don't just click the first link you get.

For those who are interested in other mystery shopping opportunities (nothing like getting paid for what you already do), PM me and I'll get you a link to a the most well-known and well respected free listing of mystery shopping companies, where I get all of my assignments from.
i work in retail and i am fully aware of what mystery shoppers do, and true,99% of them are real, but this is a scam,open your eyes and see the light.Saturn is dying an there are those who will take advantage of the situation,offering what seems to be a great deal,in return for your social security number, name and address.funny....when you write to Saturn themselves,they have no knowledge of this program.kind of makes you think a little eh?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help king of kings reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #18
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of kings View Post
IT'S A SCAM!!!! BEWARE..DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS!! AUTO MANUFACTURERS DO NOT DO MYSTERY SHOPPER PROMOTIONS. if you sign up for this or have signed up for this, your identity has been comprimised.

And a bunch of Saturns will show up in your driveway that you didnt purchase.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #19
king of kings

lmao!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #20
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
And a bunch of Saturns will show up in your driveway that you didnt purchase.
Sign me up please!

KOk - they do it through a third party company. As an independent contractor of that company, I cannot disclose their name because of client privacy rights, but my paychecks come from that company, not Saturn. That might be why Saturn has "no information" about the mystery shopping. Corporate pays this third party company to supply the information and has no fingers in it past that. They send out a paycheck to ABC company and in return get reports in the form of statistics, etc. That's how all mystery shopping works. Call BestBuy and ask them about mystery shopping, they won't have an answer for you, but I know which company they contracted because I am a contractor for that company also and have mystery shopped Best Buy.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote