SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Saturn Vue Hybrid Has a Lot to Offer

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Saturn Vue Hybrid Has a Lot to Offer

Quote:
Mark Maynard evaluated the 2008 Saturn Vue Hybrid and liked its good quality and all the features you get for the price. "Standard features include 17-inch chrome-alloy wheels, low-rolling-resistance tires, body-color front and rear fascias, rear spoiler, single-zone automatic air conditioning and steering-wheel-mounted buttons for audio and cruise control," he wrote.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
Steamrunner
Steamrunner is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: Saturn Vue Hybrid Has a Lot to Offer

Apparently, one of the "standard features" that we take for granted is that the vehicle we buy comes with a spare tire and jack. The Vue hybrid I looked at two weeks ago was very appealing until my salesman let me read the Owner's Manual -- NO spare tire! My interest in the Vue hybrid died on the spot.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Steamrunner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Steamrunner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Steamrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamrunner View Post
Apparently, one of the "standard features" that we take for granted is that the vehicle we buy comes with a spare tire and jack. The Vue hybrid I looked at two weeks ago was very appealing until my salesman let me read the Owner's Manual -- NO spare tire! My interest in the Vue hybrid died on the spot.
Not that it's a bad thing to want a spare tire...but that's all it took to kill your interest in the car? I've luckily never had to use a spare in my life, but every car I ever bought I always replaced the spare with a full size spare anyway...I haven't looked at the Hybrid, but if someone really wanted one could they not just get one and put it in the area where the spare generally is stored? Or does that area not exist on the hybrid?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
Steamrunner
Steamrunner is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae View Post
I've luckily never had to use a spare in my life, but every car I ever bought I always replaced the spare with a full size spare anyway...
Since I had several flat tires in the past, the spare tire is an important issue to me. I have an 08 Vue XR. I don't want to be totally dependent on OnStar, or AAA, to send help for a flat tire problem. If I did, it is going to be a long wait and that is dependent if I am able to contact them for help. I, too, would like to replace the compact spare tire in my Vue but the space in the spare tire compartment will not allow it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Steamrunner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Steamrunner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Steamrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:49 AM   #5
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae View Post
Not that it's a bad thing to want a spare tire...but that's all it took to kill your interest in the car? I've luckily never had to use a spare in my life, but every car I ever bought I always replaced the spare with a full size spare anyway...I haven't looked at the Hybrid, but if someone really wanted one could they not just get one and put it in the area where the spare generally is stored? Or does that area not exist on the hybrid?
The hybrid battery sits partly where the spare would be (at least in our 2007 model). It's really close, but I don't think one would fit. Besides, the battery needs clearance for air circulation.

That said, I really don't have a problem with the inflator kit. Between my wife and I, we haven't had a flat in over 200k miles of driving. It's her car, and she has no interest in changing her own tire anyway (especially with roadside assistance and Onstar).

Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote