SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Jill Lajdziak Wants to Know What You Want

A new story entry has been added:

Jill Lajdziak Wants to Know What You Want

Quote:
Is your new Saturn missing something? Are you in the market for a new car and wish Saturn offered a something different that better suited your needs? What would you like to see from Saturn in the future? Saturn's general manager, Jill Lajdziak, wants to know what's on your mind.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
SW2Muck
SW2Muck is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2
Default Re: Jill Lajdziak Wants to Know What You Want

Saturn should have a small wagon or crossover. And by small, I mean, SMALLER than the VUE, which has become overweight and expensive. It should also offer AWD. All of the above reasons are why I no longer own a Saturn.

Andrew "SW2Muck" Muck

"Do you know your place, in the big charade? Are you more than they?"
-Bad Religion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SW2Muck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SW2Muck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SW2Muck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

1. Build another small affordable car in the USA. Go back to Saturn's original purpose.
2. A Delta chassis SUV, lighter than the original VUE.
3. Start putting the customer first like in the begining.
4. Clean up your dealerships. Are you aware they're called "stealerships".
5. Take quality control serious, give the assembly workers a vested interest in building a quality car again.
6. Importing Opels is not the answer. They have never sold well in America.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #4
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Dare I even say it?

Celebrity Eurosport.
When the road gets a little nervous, take one of these.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #5
delivery man
Advanced Member
delivery man is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie00SL2 View Post
Dare I even say it?
I was thinking the same thing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to delivery man's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help delivery man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
delivery man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
1. Build another small affordable car in the USA. Go back to Saturn's original purpose.
2. A Delta chassis SUV, lighter than the original VUE.
3. Start putting the customer first like in the begining.
4. Clean up your dealerships. Are you aware they're called "stealerships".
5. Take quality control serious, give the assembly workers a vested interest in building a quality car again.
6. Importing Opels is not the answer. They have never sold well in America.
Besides these already suggested:

7. Start building Saturns here in the US again. Why would I want a foreign built car labeled under a once all US nameplate?

8. Bring out an American made compact coupes and sedans that actually look good and have some good looks and a little bit more power to them. Something that is actually fun to drive, something that owners can actually be excited about. The Astra surely doesn't fit this at all.

9. Build a sport compact coupe, no hatchback, that's in the same category as the Cobalt SS turbo and the new Mitsubish Lancer RalliArt. Something turbocharged with AWD would be nice.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #7
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-seriesguy View Post
8. Bring out an American made compact coupes and sedans that actually look good and have some good looks and a little bit more power to them. Something that is actually fun to drive, something that owners can actually be excited about. The Astra surely doesn't fit this at all.
From everything I've read, I thought the Astra was actually a fairly sporty car, if not a tremendously powerful one. But it looks like a box on wheels. I miss the sleek, low profile S Series, particularly the coupes, even though I never owned an SC! The Sky looks cool, but I still think the first generation SC's are arguably the best looking Saturns!

Celebrity Eurosport.
When the road gets a little nervous, take one of these.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:55 PM   #8
darnell89
darnell89 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

There is a lot of things WRONG. SATURN do your H.W. and look @ other vehicles in your class, and see what's wrong. I mean DAMN Hyundai has took the lead, and is burning up the charts with nice vehicles. Hyundai doesn't even put SATURN in their class, so something is wrong. Honda & Toyota is in their class now.

Please make more vehicles that you can compete with.

Smaller SUV

Bigger SUV

Wagon

Coupe

Sedan (Smaller & Larger than Aura)

REDLINE Version of most of line-up

Nicer Minivan

ETC...............

BTW............ Be original and drop GM. GM has enough copies, and you don't need people buying other cars that look similar to yours.

SATURN FAN 4 LYFE (Darnell)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to darnell89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help darnell89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
darnell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #9
s3nfo
s3nfo has a spectacular aura abouts3nfo has a spectacular aura abouts3nfo has a spectacular aura about

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Yes, I know I'm an anomaly, but I like the Opel influence. Like I tell anyone who asks what I think of my L, "I love that POS".

So, here's what I'd buy.

A reliable, great handling midsize wagon. Gotta have the tight suspension of the '01 model year sport suspension and gotta be a wagon with lots of room.
Oh, and everything I buy new from now on needs to be a dual mode hybrid, not the mild hybrid in the Vue and Aura.

Jerry N

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

Groucho Marx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s3nfo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s3nfo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s3nfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #10
Sirraven
Sirraven is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

A) Get rid of the Outlook, the Vue should be the largest saturn available.

B) Get some desiels over here. Screw California, if you put a desiel option on the Astra I would have checked that box as well.

08 Saturn Astra
5dr XR Twilight Blue
-Manual Transmission
-Advanced Audio Pkg
-Sport Handling Pkg
-Dual Panel Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sirraven's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sirraven reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sirraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #11
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW2Muck View Post
Saturn should have a small wagon or crossover. And by small, I mean, SMALLER than the VUE, which has become overweight and expensive. It should also offer AWD. All of the above reasons are why I no longer own a Saturn.
I agree on the smaller crossover but maybe that should end up at Chevrolet.
AWD and 4 cylinder would be the most important. I don't believe it's available on any GM car in the US.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #12
kwguy
kwguy is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

Diesel, diesel, diesel. Hybrids are a waste of time, but if you really want to do one, then be bold and make a diesel/electric hybrid. Diesels make more power than a hybrid, and have mileage that is comparable to the hybrid systems out there. I am avoiding hybrids for as long as possible because they are underpowered. The American public is more open to diesels and will buy them if you make them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kwguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kwguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kwguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
titan12
titan12 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-seriesguy View Post
Besides these already suggested:

7. Start building Saturns here in the US again. Why would I want a foreign built car labeled under a once all US nameplate?

9. Build a sport compact coupe, no hatchback, that's in the same category as the Cobalt SS turbo and the new Mitsubish Lancer RalliArt. Something turbocharged with AWD would be nice.

My God I hope they don't build anything that is in the class of a cobalt.. That would be a step backward... Just bring back the Ion..

You must not have ever driven or rode in a Astra....

Lets see
Looks good=Astra
fun to drive=Astra
handles on rails=Astra
get excited to drive mine every morning!

To be honest, Nothing Saturn made over here in the states could ever compare to the Astra.. Fit and Finish and use of materials are far superior to anything in Saturn's past stable..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to titan12's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help titan12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
titan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #14
Asinity
Asinity is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE

All new S-Series. The fantastic fuel economy, bullet proof engines, sexy AND unique styling, and for the sport enthusiast an SC Redline, with SL and SW Greenline's.

Alternatively, bring back the ION... I miss seeing a parking lot full of ION's at my local dealer

Be unique, be Saturn. Not Opel.

Work on the dealerships too, I've had a few experiences recently that were rather sub-par

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Asinity's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Asinity reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Asinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 PM   #15
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

1. Make an Aura coupe. Make it sporty and unique. 2. Bring in the Corsa and give us a cheaper convertible version--it's a 4 seat and would be easier to get in and out of than the Sky.3. use the turbo diesel 4 cylinder from the Opel Antares (Vue) in our XR---its the optional engine over there--no V6 in theirs.4. Red Line turbo the Astra with a 6-speed with 4WD 5. Make an Aura sport wagon. 6. folding or removable hard top for Sky.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:39 PM   #16
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

I'm glad Jill Lajdziak is reaching out to Saturn owners. I believe she has a good understanding of Saturn's problems, but she has limited control to make or direct the company in the direction it should be.

GM is a huge company and is like an out of control train and the management can make limited speed and course changes. Let's hope the train stays on the tracks.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:31 AM   #17
aquatechie
aquatechie is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie00SL2 View Post
Dare I even say it?
If you're talking about that "dent resistant stuff", I'm all for it! I've always considered it to be part of the brand's core identity. Maybe it'll make a comeback a few years down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell89;
BTW............ Be original and drop GM. GM has enough copies, and you don't need people buying other cars that look similar to yours.
As somebody's sig says, Saturn has ALWAYS been GM. That's not changing short of GM selling off the division. However, you make a great point about the "look alike" factor. Take the current Lambda platform vehicles on the market for example. I can barely tell the difference between the Outlook and the Acadia without looking as the badge on the front grille or tailgate. (The same could be said for the Malibu and Aura.) Then you look at the Enclave where the sheet metal & styling got overhauled enough to keep me from saying on first glance, "Oh, that's another Acadia/Outlook clone".

I think the Enclave is what GM is doing right. If Saturn is going to start sharing platforms with the other divisions, it needs to start giving its vehicles the Enclave treatment.

Last edited by aquatechie; 08-30-2008 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: typos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to aquatechie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help aquatechie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
aquatechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #18
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan12 View Post
My God I hope they don't build anything that is in the class of a cobalt.. That would be a step backward... Just bring back the Ion..
What do you think the astra is? I was refering the the class of the cobalt ss turbo, as in the performance, handling, and sportiness of it. I can't stand chevys for the most part, but I'd take a ss over the astra any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan12 View Post
You must not have ever driven or rode in a Astra....

Lets see
Looks good=Astra
fun to drive=Astra
handles on rails=Astra
get excited to drive mine every morning!
No, and I don't have any desire to. I guess there's not too many people who feel the same way as you since I've only seen one on the road and many sitting on the lot.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #19
darnell89
darnell89 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatechie View Post
If you're talking about that "dent resistant stuff", I'm all for it! I've always considered it to be part of the brand's core identity. Maybe it'll make a comeback a few years down the road.

As somebody's sig says, Saturn has ALWAYS been GM. That's not changing short of GM selling off the division. However, you make a great point about the "look alike" factor. Take the current Lambda platform vehicles on the market for example. I can barely tell the difference between the Outlook and the Acadia without looking as the badge on the front grille or tailgate. (The same could be said for the Malibu and Aura.) Then you look at the Enclave where the sheet metal & styling got overhauled enough to keep me from saying on first glance, "Oh, that's another Acadia/Outlook clone".

I think the Enclave is what GM is doing right. If Saturn is going to start sharing platforms with the other divisions, it needs to start giving its vehicles the Enclave treatment.
Stop and look again. The Buick Enclave is the same vehicle as the Chevy Traverse. Same Concept getting real old fast! GM will never stop! So far Saab is the only one i'm seeing different! SATURN needs to go back to their old ways being different, just like Saab!

SATURN FAN 4 LYFE (Darnell)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to darnell89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help darnell89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
darnell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #20
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

The anti-GM people have to be the whiniest people ever. Whine, whine, whine
The "GM" Saturns are the best Saturns ever!

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote