SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Virginia Saturn Retailer Driven to Try Something New

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Virginia Saturn Retailer Driven to Try Something New

Quote:
The Free-Lance Star newspaper published an interesting article yesterday about a Virginia Saturn retail facility that, in attempt to increase exposure of Saturn's new lineup, opened a satellite store at a local mall. "It catches people's eye as soon as they walk out of the food court," said John Reynolds, general manager at Saturn of Fredericksburg.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
FGCA_XRL
FGCA_XRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Virginia Saturn Retailer Driven to Try Something New

The mall here in Gainesville has some Saturns scattered around the central areas. Outlook, Aura, Astra, I don't think any Skys though. Never see anyone looking at them though, lol.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FGCA_XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FGCA_XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FGCA_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

The McKinley Mall in Buffalo, closest mall to me, also has Saturns scattered throughout.

It's been like that for about 2 years.

They usually have one of each model in different locations. Generally the same car has stayed throughout the whole model year as well.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
titan12
titan12 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGCA_XRL View Post
The mall here in Gainesville has some Saturns scattered around the central areas. Outlook, Aura, Astra, I don't think any Skys though. Never see anyone looking at them though, lol.

Thats not true I just looked at them yesterday!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to titan12's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help titan12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
titan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #5
FGCA_XRL
FGCA_XRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

You lie! I'm the only one who looks at them! And my girlfriend calls me crazy every time! Haha. I dunno, that white Outlook they have there just looks nice.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FGCA_XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FGCA_XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FGCA_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:07 AM   #6
white95SL1
white95SL1 is on a distinguished road

1992 SC
2004 VUE Red Line

They used to always have a Saturn outside Belk's in the Kingsport mall. Last time I was there it was an Outlook. That was quite a while ago though, so I don't know what's there if anything now. They've had IONs, SKYs, and VUEs there in the past.

Brandon

'92 Saturn SCm- Red & Silver (rebuild in progress)
'04 Saturn VUE Red Line- Black Onyx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to white95SL1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help white95SL1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
white95SL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #7
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Good idea. The only problem is that so many malls and shopping centers have sprouted up around Fredericksburg that Saturn of Fredericksburg would have to empty their entire lot to provide display Saturns to all of them and get maximum exposure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
Blair1118
Blair1118 is on a distinguished road

I've seen something like this before and it does go much more noticed than a car just randomly parked in the middle of the corridors, you have better lighting to show off just how sexy the Sky really is

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Blair1118's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Blair1118 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Blair1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:43 PM   #9
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

We did this at Christmas time at my old retailer. The only complaint I had was the Sky shouldn't have been there. At the time we were running 6+ month wait time and required a $1000 deposit. People treated it like a tourist attraction. Taking pictures in it, climbing all over it, asking the same three stupid questions (how much, how fast, and can they drive it), and just generally being annoying.

However, the serious shoppers walked right past the Sky and checked out the Aura and Vue hybrid (we didn't have the Outlook yet at the time). I do believe we brought in some additional sales from it and definitely created a lot of positive exposure, but we should have left the Sky out of it. That way people who were honestly interested in the non-halo models weren't competing for time with the sales consultants against people who were just playing around.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote