SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
WillyC
WillyC is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default How to reset the low tire pressure sensor on 2008 saturn vue

My "low tire pressure sensor" light keeps coming on and I'm trying to find out how to reset it without having to go to the dealer everytime....can anybody out there help me?

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WillyC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WillyC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WillyC is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura about

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: How to reset the low tire pressure sensor on 2008 saturn vue

make sure tires are filled. then turn on ignition. push lock and unlock on the remote until horn chirps. let air out of ft left tire until horn chirps..then ft right, rear right then back left. double chirp means done

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
WillyC

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
make sure tires are filled. then turn on ignition. push lock and unlock on the remote until horn chirps. let air out of ft left tire until horn chirps..then ft right, rear right then back left. double chirp means done
I hope that you are joking! Still waiting for my local Saturn dealer to call me back on this.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help WillyC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Wow...

I never seen onefunkar joke about things like this...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 7 Beta 7

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura about

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

not a joke look in owners manual.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

just double checked to make sure its the same as sky, aura and outlook and it is.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-12-2008, 12:29 AM   #7
Bunshaw
Bunshaw is on a distinguished road

Confirmed, page 5-64 in Vue Owner's manual under TPMS Sensor Matching Process.

onefunkar actually described it in much simpler terms than the manual. The Owner's manual describes it as an 11 step process.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bunshaw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bunshaw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bunshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
WillyC

2008 VUE 3.6L

I did talk to the dealer late yesterday afternoon and they confirmed what you said. Only difference was that they wanted me to press the on/off buttons on the alarm at the same time. Thanks to all of you for the feedback...I think that I going to cruise this site more often.

BTW, we love our Vue not what I was looking for initially but now I'm recommending it to all of my friends (all 3 of them! ).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #9
4littlemonkeys
4littlemonkeys is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post

I guess it could be more complicated if they wanted you to do this while standing on your head. I have to laugh at it because one would think they could have come up with something a little less complicated. Maybe some guy was playing a practical joke when he set it up.

Oh well...shouldn't be something I have to do often. Maybe when I have to do it I will do it in the same public place where I reset my compass and then the post office employees can be confirmed I'm nuts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 4littlemonkeys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 4littlemonkeys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
4littlemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:40 AM   #10
Kooler King
Advanced Member
Kooler King is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

When I had the low tire pressure warning message display, I simple confirmed with a tire gage that it was indeed low, added air to the offending tire, double-checked it with the gage. Then, the warning message went away on its own ... done.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kooler King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kooler King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kooler King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:30 AM   #11
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

if the only problem is low tire pressure your are correct. just fill up the tire its pretty simple. we are seeing more and more cadses where people go to a tire place and i dont know what they do but they somehow manage to screw up the system and it needs to be reset.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:22 PM   #12
thimmaker
thimmaker is on a distinguished road

Iv'e had the left rear go low twice now and just pumping it back up to 31 gets rid of the light. The Chrysler 300 that i had needed a long drawn out process like the Outlook owner above described.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thimmaker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thimmaker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thimmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #13
RobertGroh
RobertGroh is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by thimmaker View Post
Iv'e had the left rear go low twice now and just pumping it back up to 31 gets rid of the light. The Chrysler 300 that i had needed a long drawn out process like the Outlook owner above described.
Just a general comment gleaned from 40+ years of owning cars: if you have a tire that is low (tire pressure) then you probably have a problem and should have the tire checked. You can try adding air but if it goes down again then you definitely have a problem and you really, really should have the tire checked and fixed! By the way, I am talking reductions of tire pressure of more than 5 to 8 psi here. Yep, I've been wacked by the 'bad tire' problem a couple of times and now I just don't give it much chance. Low tire pressure (e.g. less than 20 psi) usually means something wrong. I get no thrill out of changing a tire on an interstate!

Bob Groh, Kansas City

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGroh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGroh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #14
tammyack
tammyack is on a distinguished road

What do you do if you have aftermarket remotes and the stock ones no longer work? I went to Goodyear and they tried to do with my current remotes and it wouldn't work. Any ideas? Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tammyack's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tammyack reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tammyack is offline   Reply With Quote