SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Video: GM "Beautiful Blue" Olympic Television Ad Features Saturn Sky, Flextreme

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=2512]Video: GM "Beautiful Blue" Olympic Television Ad Features Saturn Sky, Flextreme[/drupal]

Quote:
If you watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics Friday night, you saw the General Motors television ad that caused quite a stir in the Saturn community over the weekend. The sleek, red Saturn-badged vehicle that flashed across the screen at the end of the commercial had folks asking, "was that a Saturn?" Indeed, it was.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
KeithR
KeithR is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
Default Re: Video: GM "Beautiful Blue" Olympic Television Ad Features Saturn Sky, Flextreme

Nice Ad. I think the music fits well. I don't think I've ever seen an all brand GM commercial before. Hopefully people noticed the Saturn badge. I never realized how good the Flextreme looked in red, probably because I've never seen one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KeithR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KeithR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KeithR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Thumbs Up Re: Video: GM "Beautiful Blue" Olympic Television Ad Features Saturn Sky, Flextreme

Agreed! I thought the ad was very well done, and the music really went well with the story being told.

I've got some pics and information of the Flextreme - including the red one - online here:
http://www.saturnfans.com/cars/flextreme

Enjoy,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #4
ChgoBlues
ChgoBlues is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: Video: GM "Beautiful Blue" Olympic Television Ad Features Saturn Sky, Flextreme

Yes, the corporate ads are few and far between and this is the first that I can recall where Saturn was part of the ad. Kudos to GM for FINALLY getting the importance of Saturn to the overall picture. I do agree this was a very good ad and shows they are on the move to better products than what was in the past.

Secondly, why oh WHY must Chevy be the ONLY product getting ad spots during the Olympics? I would think this would be the time to promote all the divisions including Saturn and the new Astra with it's rave reviews and decent gas mileage. Let people know GM has the small gas mileage cars outside of Chevy's Aveo to compete with Toyota and Honda.

Sorry, just my general frustration with GM promoting a division that doesn't need more promotion or the Transverse when the Outlook, Acadia and Enclave are covering the market just fine.

08 Astra XR 3 door
Twilight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards

08 Sky Red Line
Midnight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards
Opel GT Antenna

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChgoBlues's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChgoBlues reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChgoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

The Flextreme is gonna be one good looking little car.

I also saw the commercial that featured the Traverse and the Camaro. The Traverse is just like the other GM crossovers, so no surprise there, but the Camaro is one awesomely powerful looking car as well.

Good things coming GM's way.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote