SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Ohming
Ohming is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
1995 SC1
Default Saturn S-series gets the X-Prize

Wouldn't that be a cool headline? We would all drive around town with looks like we are ahead of the technology curve!

I have been watching the forum for about a year, and I have read a great many threads and particaipated in some. There is a common desire here to maximize the car efficiency and performance. I have read discussion on tire pressure, fuels, additives, electrical conservation, EV conversion, sensor placement, air flow dynamics, driving habits etc. I have never been in the deign department for a major auto manufacturer, but I have certainly had the opportunity to work on thier products and ideas incarnate. With this in mind, I wonder if the combined talent / knowledge I see on this forum doesn't surpass corporate. While the corporate engineers must work in concert with EPA, OSHA, stockholders etc, tinkerers like us are beholden to nobody. I think that this is where the inventive american spirit thrives.

If all of the technical modifications of past forums and other considerations not discussed yet, how close to 100 MPG could we get. I think the S-series is a good platform. Maybe a SATURNALIA "Dream Team" could make an entry, ten million is a big incentive. Maybe I'm just dreaming, but I bet a concerted effort of our talents could get 60-70 MPG. What do you think?

http://www.progressiveautoxprize.org/

95 SC2 A/T
97 SC2 M/T

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ohming's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ohming reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ohming is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links