SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
dindak
dindak is on a distinguished road

Default Aura trunk and golf clubs

I recently tested a Aura XR, loved it. Just an all round solid car.

My wife and I like to bring our clubs when we go visit my parents 3 hours away. We have luggage for us, the kids and two sets of clubs which I can currently pile into the end of my trunk one on top of the other.

Can anyone who golfs shed light as to how well they fit and which way. I am a bit worried this trunk will not be able to haul what we need through the summer months.

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dindak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dindak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dindak is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Aura trunk and golf clubs

Fill your current trunk with all of your travel stuff. Drive to Saturn ask to borrow a demo car on the lot and try to load it in. Do it on a slow sales evening and you will likely get some bored sales people helping you.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
billwill
billwill is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I'm in the Piedmont Triad of North Carolina where there's a golf course anywhere. My golf bag is a standard sized bag with a standard Mizuno driver being the tallest club. I have to put it into my '07 Aura XR trunk at a 45 degree angle with the base of the bag in the rear corner of the trunk. I THINK you could probably put two bags in at the same angle but I'm not sure. I don't know about the luggage, though. As the previous poster suggested, take everything you would normally want to pack and go to the Saturn dealer to see if (or how) it will all fit. Good luck.

BTW, I love my Aura XR. I'm just about to pass 14,000 miles and love it every time I get in it. I've only had one problem but the warranty took care of it in a flash, and my local Saturn dealer couldn't be better... free car wash when i want one, periodic meetings for Saturn owners with sales and service people, Saturn-branded gifts now and then, etc. Great customer service.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billwill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billwill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
thewolf
thewolf is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2008 AURA XE

I can fit two golf bags into my Aura XR, with two pull carts. I haven't tried to place anything else in the trunk however.

I simply love my Aura, and the trunk seems as though more would fit, but I just haven't tried to place more in it.

Not sure if that helps or not...........

Live and learn...........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thewolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thewolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
oachalon
oachalon is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I have gotten 4 golf bags to fit in my aura trunk. You put one in at an angle get it in then turn it. Put the second one in at an angle and turn it and then then push it up above the other a little. The third bag is tough to get in. You wiggle it in. The 4th bag you take the driver out because its long and sticks out get that bag to sit on top of the 3rd and then sit the driver on top. Trust me it was a beautiful sight to see 4 golf bags in the trunk and 4 people in the car sitting comfortably on the trip to the golf course. 3 of the bags were standard sizes and the 4th bag was huge capable of holding a 24 pack of beer with ice with the clubs.

The problem with the trunk is really the opening and the height a little. Once you figure out how to get it through the opening you can fit a lot. Sometimes just taking the driver out of the bag makes a big difference and then setting it inside the trunk.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oachalon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oachalon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #6
dindak
dindak is on a distinguished road

I decided I would just pop in yesterday before the dealership closed and try it out. The clubs just fit across in the front of the trunk where it's wider. I think I could get my wife's to fit on top, maybe. Neither of us have the really big bags so that helps. The trunk is bigger than it looks though, the smaller opening is probably deceiving.

I have kept the Aura on my shop list, looking at a few used XRs also. I would buy a new one but GM decided it's far to charge Canadians $4000-5000 more than Americans for them so I don't really want to buy new. We shall see.

Anyone have anything I should look out for in a 07 XR?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dindak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dindak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dindak is offline   Reply With Quote