SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
Fastwrx
Fastwrx is on a distinguished road

Wrench Why hasn't anyone bought the turbo kit I have for sale in the classifieds?

Ok, I dont understand, the turbo kit I have for sale in the S-car classifieds has been up since June.....at $700 what you are getting is a great deal! So it is missing the injectors and fuel press. regulator, that is not a big deal when you factor in that the turbo is a BALL BEARING T3/T04 capable of pushing around 300 hp, and the HKS GT wastegate is a no fail overboost deterrent.
Do the math, the turbo is like brand new (see pics) and new goes for $700 by itself! The wastegate which is integrated and matched to the turbo goes for $550 by itself! The blowoff valve is at least $150! The intercooler which is large would go for at least $300! Not including the mandrel bent stainless tubing and silicone connectors or Nology Hot wires thrown in!! For gosh sakes guys I'm even throwing in the oil pan with the fitting in it already for the oil return.
It already is such a low asking price for someone who wants to go boosted just ask any turbo saturn guy on here how much it USUALLY would cost to set up a Saturn for a boosted application.......IT COSTS A LOTmore than $700.
Last, some are probably wondering why $700? The reason is this setup is just sitting in my basement in a box packed away taking up space and I could use some maintenance parts for my current vehicle. This setup has never seen higher boost than 6 psi due to the lack of proper setup and tuning by the last owner. I was the tech that removed it from the vehicle when the vehicle was traded in because the inexperienced individual that payed $3500 for this kit was frustrated with trying to get it running right after removing the AIR pump and getting the PCM to allow it to run without proper sensors connected.......HACK!
I drove the vehicle with the kit on it, SES light on all the time, AUTOMATIC trans you heard right slipping all the time. It hit 6 psi and 60 mph RIGHT NOW! The injectors and fuel press. regulator had to stay in the car so it would run and drive that is why I dont have them.
I am sorry if this came off as a rant, but i was expecting this to sell quickly and was starting to get the impression that people were thinking I was going to go lower than the asking price or that I was going to part out the kit. I can almost guarantee that this setup is way nicer and higher quality than the SAAB used turbo setups w/Starion IC, EBAY turbo setups (dont get me started), and or any other home built concoction of used parts.
Plainly stated this setup (with fuel management) is a quick way to get your Saturn S-car into the 12's!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fastwrx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fastwrx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Fastwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
geartooth94
Master Member
geartooth94 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Why hasn't anyone bought the turbo kit I have for sale in the classifieds?

main reason is just about 98% of the people here are concerned with replacing the ECTS and how to get 60 mpg out of their S-Series. nevermind the dismal state of the economy right now, blah, blah....

this is not really a performance-oriented forum. have you tried advertising on 6S or plastikracing?

1996 Dodge Avenger ES: 2.5L V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to geartooth94's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help geartooth94 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
geartooth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
serenitythen
serenitythen has a spectacular aura aboutserenitythen has a spectacular aura aboutserenitythen has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2
Default Re: Why hasn't anyone bought the turbo kit I have for sale in the classifieds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geartooth94 View Post
main reason is just about 98% of the people here are concerned with replacing the ECTS and how to get 60 mpg out of their S-Series. nevermind the dismal state of the economy right now, blah, blah....

this is not really a performance-oriented forum. have you tried advertising on 6S or plastikracing?
Agree. With the economy in the tank people are more cautious with their spending on big ticket items.
Also agree that sixthsphere is a forum more geared towards those going the turbo route. You will improve your chances of selling it there.
Good luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to serenitythen's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help serenitythen reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
serenitythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:03 AM   #4
S3aturnR
Master Member
S3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
1999 SL1

and, because i believe that i can still beat any turbo saturn on the racetrack. let me qualify that; one with turns...

s3aturnr

"reno is a lot like maybury, except everyone's on crystal meth and prostitution's legal" - junior

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to S3aturnR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help S3aturnR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
S3aturnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #5
mars_volta
Advanced Member
mars_volta is on a distinguished road

FWIW, i just sold ALL my turbo stuff for less than $1500. turbo, manifold, all piping, I/C, tial BOV, couplers, injectors, megasquirt, EGT, boost, oil, AEM WB02 gauge, oil lines, etc etc..

and yeah, saturnfans is NOT the place to sell a turbo kit. ebay or www.sixthsphere.com would be a much better forum.

2005 Legacy GT LTD
94 SL2
95 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mars_volta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mars_volta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mars_volta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
quiksc2
Master Member
quiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Those of us on here that would like it (ME!) just don't have the money. Saturn owners have the rap of being cheap... try poor... haha

If I wanted ride quality, I would drive a Cadillac. If I wanted to be a sheep, I would drive something that says Vtec on the side of it...
DCS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to quiksc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help quiksc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
quiksc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #7
Fastwrx
Fastwrx is on a distinguished road

Hey guys thanks for the kick in the right direction.......I posted it over at 6S!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fastwrx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fastwrx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Fastwrx is offline   Reply With Quote