SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Information June 2008 Saturn sales

Saturn Total 2008 June sales 18,912, down 12.8% from June 2007.

Astra sold 888 units, they now sold 4365 to date.
Aura sold 5897, up 25.6%
ION sold 38, down 99.2%
SKY sold 1581, up 44.1%

Total car sales down 20.5%

Outlook sold 1625, down 58%
Relay sold 15, down 89.2%
Vue sold 8868, up 24.8%

Total truck sales down 5.5%

Malibu sold 13650
G6 sold 14620

Enclave sold 2986
Acadia sold 4197

Equinox sold 7411
Torrent sold 2230

HHR sold 11126
Cobalt sold 20888
Impala sold 16671
Aveo sold 4511

Solstice sold 1688
G5 sold 2566
GTO sold 33
G8 sold 1536
Vibe sold 4885

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: June 2008 Saturn sales

Too bad they don't break down the Aura numbers regarding 4 and 6 cylinder models. I would be interested to see those numbers....

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Saturn Total 2008 June sales 18,912, down 12.8% from June 2007.

Astra sold 888 units, they now sold 4365 to date.
Aura sold 5897, up 25.6%
ION sold 38, down 99.2%
SKY sold 1581, up 44.1%

Total car sales down 20.5%

Outlook sold 1625, down 58%
Relay sold 15, down 89.2%
Vue sold 8868, up 24.8%

Total truck sales down 5.5%
Amazing that two vehicles that have been out of production for over a full year now are still being sold, NEW. Hopefully whomever bought these got a good deal and didn't have to pay full price.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

Agreed, and how does that work?

Where would one find a "new" '07 Ion?

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
Sival
Sival will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan

Île-Des-Soeurs Saturn SAAB. That's where I got my new Saturn Ion 3 manual transmission for 13 000$ Canadian (before taxes). I figure the reason it was still in stock is that people who tend to buy stickshifts tend to either buy: 1- a sporty car 2- a base, cheap, model with few features. Not many people in North America search for a well-equipped compact manual car. At least, that's my opinion.

Anyway, even if the price had been comparable to a similar G5 (which I also looked at), I would probably have chosen the Ion.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sival's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sival reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
GB1
GB1 is on a distinguished road

Certainly was a tough month for GM and all auto manufacturers. It kind of surprises me that the Astra isn't doing better since small cars seem to be selling well right now. But I think the fact that it doesn't get much better mileage than the 4-cyl Aura might contribute.

I'm seeing a number of new VUES and Outlooks around the San Diego area and an increasing number of Auras ...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GB1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GB1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #7
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

The numbers are not all that terrible considering how many other brands also had bad months due to gas prices and the down economy. The VUE and Aura actually increased sales. It appears they need to do some serious marketing of the Astra to make up for lost ION sales. Many of the Astra owners on this site are raving about their new rides. Saturn needs to get the word out.

It is interesting however to see how many Cobalts were sold. I guess you can take what is basically an ION cousin, give it a steel shell, slap a bow tie on the front and it will finally be appreciated as a pretty decent car for the money

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #8
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John10 View Post
It is interesting however to see how many Cobalts were sold. I guess you can take what is basically an ION cousin, give it a steel shell, slap a bow tie on the front and it will finally be appreciated as a pretty decent car for the money
I've always said that the only people who don't like the Cobalt (and the ION) are car reviewers and people who would never buy a car like that.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #9
davidsky
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
Certainly was a tough month for GM and all auto manufacturers. It kind of surprises me that the Astra isn't doing better since small cars seem to be selling well right now. But I think the fact that it doesn't get much better mileage than the 4-cyl Aura might contribute.

I'm seeing a number of new VUES and Outlooks around the San Diego area and an increasing number of Auras ...
Not so much the mileage, people aren't really smart enough to look. More the lack of knowledge of it or the lack of a trunk. (or the lack of a Honda badge)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The Cobalt has a normal looking interior, as opposed to the ION's unconventional design, and more importantly, Chevy has more advertising and a much larger dealer network.

I still find the Cobalt sedan to be ugly, though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #11
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie00SL2 View Post
The Cobalt has a normal looking interior, as opposed to the ION's unconventional design, and more importantly, Chevy has more advertising and a much larger dealer network.

Other than the placement of the guages etc on the mid dash, the interiors are fairly similar. Nothing special either way, but very similar.

External ugliness is also in the eyes of the beholder. I find a Cobalt exterior to be unremarkable but not even half as ugly as many of the late model Subarus.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #12
AuraDrvr89
Master Member

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie00SL2 View Post

You are right about the "normal" looking interior, but I have to say that it is highly possible that I have NEVER seen a more cheaply made interior than the cobalt.

Two friends of mine have identical base, stripped Cobalts. It's like being inside a rough piece of scrapped plastic..

The Ions interior was much better.

-Joel

Then:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:31 AM   #13
davidsky
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotIonDrvr89 View Post
The Ions interior was much better.
The ION interior is probably the worst one of this decade.
Hard to judge a car by plastics quality. The Aveo has a great interior and it's a lousy car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #14
nchockeyfan
nchockeyfan is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Wife and I just bought an 08 Aura XE 4 cylinder last week. We initially went to look at the 5 door Astra and took a test drive in one. While it is a sporty car, it lacked some interior convenience features that we could not overlook. Such as no available power driver seat, only one cupholder and you had to awkwardly reach to get to it. We also found it to be a bit noisy. As we got out of the Astra, there was a 4 cylinder Aura next to it and the price was the same as the Astra. That prompted us to take the Aura for a test drive and we fell in love with it. In my opinion, Saturn is asking way too much for the Astra.

08 Aura XE

00 Honda Accord
99 Ram 2500 Cummins
74 Duster (project car)

Past Saturn owned: 94 SL1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nchockeyfan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nchockeyfan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nchockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #15
PortCityShawn
PortCityShawn is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchockeyfan View Post
In my opinion, Saturn is asking way too much for the Astra.
Or not enough for the Aura...

Shawn

Shawn Beaudoin
eBusiness Manager
Saturn of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, NH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortCityShawn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortCityShawn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortCityShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #16
AuraDrvr89
Master Member

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCityShawn View Post
Or not enough for the Aura...
+1!

Why aren't more people buying them?

-Joel

Then:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #17
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotIonDrvr89 View Post
+1!

Why aren't more people buying them?
The inconvenience of not having a dealer near could be a big factor. The Malibu, G6, and Aura are all peas in the same pod.

People also get polarized on what cars they desire. Like today's generation desire Japanese cars, others won't own anything but a Ford or Chevy. To date I've been consistent supporting Saturn and GM with my new car purchases.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #18
Ashkicker
Ashkicker is on a distinguished road

888 Astra's sold last month. Average of 725 per month so far this year?

This computes to about 1 1/2 Astra sales per STATE per week!

I don't know how many Saturn dealers still have their lights burning, but assuming that it is in the 200 to 250 range, the number crunching indicates that each dealer is selling less than ONE Astra per week.

Why would any dealer want to be paying floor plan financing on Astra inventory? More importantly, with Aura and Vue models driving off the show room, what dealer would want to take up expensive retail display space to store their accumulation of Astra's.

Saturn could probably use a small car platform to complete their product line.
Is Astra the best they can do?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ashkicker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ashkicker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ashkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #19
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Where did they find 15 the suckers at?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #20
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Other than the placement of the guages etc on the mid dash, the interiors are fairly similar. Nothing special either way, but very similar.

External ugliness is also in the eyes of the beholder. I find a Cobalt exterior to be unremarkable but not even half as ugly as many of the late model Subarus.
What I specifically dislike on the Cobalt sedan is the overly rounded roofline, fat C pillar, and roof rails that seem a little too large (or the windows are too small). Overall, it doesn't have sharp lines, and is rather bulbous. Also, the rear bumper plastic shell extends too far into the rear quarter panel, with a conspicuous diagonal seam.

I find some Subarus to be ugly too. Lately the new designs just tend to be rather bland. I'm hoping that the next gen Legacy still retains its sleek and sporty appearance, without being overdone, but we'll see. I like the understated, clean look of the current Legacy.

I wonder if this is legit...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91291

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote