SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
blue92
blue92 is on a distinguished road

1992 SL1
1998 SC2
Default bad fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator?

I decided to do a quick check on my 92 SOHC fuel system. I ran the car for a few mins then within a minute I depressed the fuel pressure relief valve and nothing came out. I changed the fuel filter a month ago.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blue92's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blue92 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blue92 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud of

1998 SC2
Default Re: bad fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator?

Probably should obtain a fuel pressure test gauge with the proper adapter and see exactly what is happening. Harbor Freight sells one for something like $10.00. If you have to order it you get tagged for shipping, try for as local store. A solid liquid system at pressure will not relieve a large volume of fuel before the pressure is zero. Hence the test gauge.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
blue92

1992 SL1
1998 SC2

I saw the one at harbour freight online. Its not at my local store though. Their website says its not for GM throttle body systems. Does a Saturn qualify as a GM TBI? Autozone has them for $40, and they have a bleeder too. Would that be a better one to get?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help blue92 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud of

1998 SC2

This Harbor Freight tester fits the port fuel injection, 92699-5VGA. I wonder why your local store does not have one? I have never looked at the AZ unit.

Ordering from HF can be painfully slow.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
OldNuc

1998 SC2

If you have a TBI on your engine then you have a GM TBI system.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #6
blue92

1992 SL1
1998 SC2

Looks like Im off to AZ then.

http://www.autozone.com/R,NONAPP4667...ductDetail.htm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!