SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default MotorWeek's Video Review of the '08 Saturn Asta

A new story entry has been added:

MotorWeek's Video Review of the '08 Saturn Asta

Quote:
Watch MotorWeek's review of the 2008 Saturn Astra, or click here to read the transcript. "Saturn's current mission is to be the most European of all GM's US brands," says MW host John Davis. "Saturn's reincarnation as GM's most Euro-spec division is for real. The 2008 Astra, along with the new Vue, are compact European designs to the core. The Astra is a terrific match for families that already own a larger European luxury car, or would like to. Bringing the best of Opel to America is what a global GM should be doing, and we hope they keep it up."

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
karlwr
karlwr is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: MotorWeek's Video Review of the '08 Saturn Asta

Hi Charlie,

I'm new to the forum, and to Saturn for that matter. Not to say I haven't looked at them before, just very disappointed with them when I did.

So over this Canada Long weekend I finally decided to replace my tired old 1996 Audi A4 with a more eco-friendly car.

Did the usual test drives, Mazda3, Focus, Rabbit, Toyota, and even looked at the Korean entries (yuk). I also tried the Astra... well because it is an Opel.

I've driven countless Euro cars, and am not at all bothered by the lack of "Americanization" or perhaps the better word would be "North Americanization" of it.

Wow, was I ever surprised by the Astra! It really is about as Opel as one can get. I drove it for about 10 mins. and my mind was made up. So this Saturday, I drove my old A4 onto the Saturn lot and left it there. Today I pick up the Silver Astra XR3.

Anyway, I thought you would be interested in another auto show review. In Canada we have a show call Motoring 2008. Back in January they reviewed the Astra with a bit more info than MotorWeek's glance. Hope you enjoy. It is Episode 2.

http://www.motoringtv.com/testdrive.php

Happy Canada Day , and Independance Day

Karl

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to karlwr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help karlwr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
karlwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
captsam
captsam is on a distinguished road

1997 SW2
1996 SL2

Here's a shortcut to that review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AYl6VsCBLE

Be sure to watch it in High Quality Mode. The reduced quality version is extremely pixelized.

Last edited by captsam; 06-30-2008 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Additions

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to captsam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help captsam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
captsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

I always thought the eco in ecotech was pronounced like in ecosystem, not like echo. Weird...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #5
darnell89
darnell89 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

I always hated the ASTRA!!!!, but since I saw the pics on the edmunds review I really like it in Black, it looks very aggressive. I guess I finally like the Astra. I know they are not coming out with an RL, but if they ever do I would buy one in the 5-door model in black, white, or blue with the BIG SUNROOF!. lol

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124222
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08_saturn_astra_340.jpg (30.8 KB, 4 views)

SATURN FAN 4 LYFE (Darnell)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to darnell89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help darnell89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
darnell89 is offline   Reply With Quote