SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #61
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR
Thumbs Up Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMatt View Post
I pulled mine this past weekend, when my brother in-law put new front brakes on. After everything was put back together and I started it, it definitely had a deeper sound. My brother in-law noticed it, too. He said it almost sounded like a V8 now.

I have noticed a little difference in the throttle response, especially in the gravel lot at work. My usual gas pedal pressure to take off now spins the wheels a little on gravel.

So for me, the resonator removal was a nice touch.
thanks for the update matt, glad you saw some value in it!

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #62
XR524
XR524 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRJIZED View Post
Another below the belt. You're lucky we're not face to face right now. I'd perform a rectal-cranial inversion on you right now! You're 22 with 2 degrees. Great! Wonderful! Doesn't mean you're intelligent. You might be smart, but fail at intelligence. Some of us weren't lucky enough to have family with money to pay for our education. Some of us weren't lucky enough to get a grant either. Some of us had to start working the moment they left home in order to survive. I immediately chose a profession I love doing every day. Yes, military is a profession. I am a master at arms if you want to challenge me. I am currently working 50-60 hours a week (sometimes weekends) in a foreign country away from my 2 kids, wife, dog, car, and home. I have to see my family through a computer monitor. I am also cramming an education in there between work, emails to my family and sleep. My degree will be in weapons systems technology and can also lead to a business management degree since I've been to management classes and currently manage a work shop of 30 people with varying degrees of training. So if you want to sit there and belittle me because I've got 13 years on you and still working on my education, you can take your 2 degrees, shove them in your left ear and take a long walk off a short cliff. Don't come in here and share that you tried what the OP did to his car and then arrogantly state that it was pointless, in so many words, and then argue with poor preparation.

CHALLENGE me because youre a master of arms? WOW! Are you sure you're 35!?!? I really chuckled at that.

I paid my own way through college, thanks. No grants, no loans, no inheritance. I've been working and saving money since I was 12. My family was very poor when I was a child. I decided to make something of myself. Right now I've got a 50K a year job at age 22. By the time I finish my Sharepoint Server Certification in a few months, I will be making 120K a year, all on my own, completely independent. So think again before you assume you know my background. And who's to say IM the one who fails at intelligence? The facts tell me a much different story...

Too bad you have to work so far away from your family. I honestly feel bad for that situation, but guess what? Thats a choice YOU made. So you have no room to complain, NONE. A man choosing to spend months if not years away from his wife and kids, is just the dumbest thing a loving family man could ever do, ESPECIALLY if the kids are very young. Don't act like you didnt have a choice either.

You do have 13 years on me, in terms of age, not work experience.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XR524's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XR524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #63
XR524

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMatt View Post
I pulled mine this past weekend, when my brother in-law put new front brakes on. After everything was put back together and I started it, it definitely had a deeper sound. My brother in-law noticed it, too. He said it almost sounded like a V8 now.

I have noticed a little difference in the throttle response, especially in the gravel lot at work. My usual gas pedal pressure to take off now spins the wheels a little on gravel.

So for me, the resonator removal was a nice touch.
Well put. The advantages of this mod are slight but noticeable.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #64
NRJIZED
NRJIZED is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR524 View Post
CHALLENGE me because youre a master of arms? WOW! Are you sure you're 35!?!? I really chuckled at that.

I paid my own way through college, thanks. No grants, no loans, no inheritance. I've been working and saving money since I was 12. My family was very poor when I was a child. I decided to make something of myself. Right now I've got a 50K a year job at age 22. By the time I finish my Sharepoint Server Certification in a few months, I will be making 120K a year, all on my own, completely independent. So think again before you assume you know my background. And who's to say IM the one who fails at intelligence? The facts tell me a much different story...

Too bad you have to work so far away from your family. I honestly feel bad for that situation, but guess what? Thats a choice YOU made. So you have no room to complain, NONE. A man choosing to spend months if not years away from his wife and kids, is just the dumbest thing a loving family man could ever do, ESPECIALLY if the kids are very young. Don't act like you didnt have a choice either.

You do have 13 years on me, in terms of age, not work experience.
I didn't have a choice where they put you ass! I was in the service before I had kids or a wife. Obviously math isn't your strong suit. You're so lucky I don't know where you live. I'd make it a point so you'd be eating through a straw!

Master of Arms is in fact a profession and a career. There are more men and women in the Non-commissioned officer corps these days with degrees higher than most officers. So take your certification and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Jason
On my 4th and 5th Saturn - 2006 Ion RL Stage 2, 2007 Outlook XR loaded to the gills minus leather and Nav.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NRJIZED's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NRJIZED reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NRJIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #65
XR524

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRJIZED View Post
I didn't have a choice where they put you ass! I was in the service before I had kids or a wife. Obviously math isn't your strong suit. You're so lucky I don't know where you live. I'd make it a point so you'd be eating through a straw!

Master of Arms is in fact a profession and a career. There are more men and women in the Non-commissioned officer corps these days with degrees higher than most officers. So take your certification and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.
The fact that you became engaged in a strong relationship while still in the service is a dumb move if you ask me. I would never do that to a woman I love. She doesn't deserve it, and neither do the kids-on-the-way. But then again, you're serving the country. For that, I thank you.

I know what Master of Arms means. I'm not an idiot. I've got a lot of friends in the service; but challenging me?! Good grief... It would be dumb of me to think I know more than you in your lifelong profession. That's like Tiger Woods saying "I challenge you to a round at Augusta National, A%$ Hole!"

Do you think I care if you have a rank higher than certain officers? Woopty-fricken-doo.

By the way, I saw an error or two in your last reply! Uh-oooohhhh!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-31-2008, 04:34 AM   #66
NRJIZED
NRJIZED is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
The fact that you became engaged in a strong relationship while still in the service is a dumb move if you ask me. I would never do that to a woman I love. She doesn't deserve it, and neither do the kids-on-the-way. But then again, you're serving the country. For that, I thank you.

I know what Master of Arms means. I'm not an idiot. I've got a lot of friends in the service; but challenging me?! Good grief... It would be dumb of me to think I know more than you in your lifelong profession. That's like Tiger Woods saying "I challenge you to a round at Augusta National, A%$ Hole!"

Do you think I care if you have a rank higher than certain officers? Woopty-fricken-doo.

By the way, I saw an error or two in your last reply! Uh-oooohhhh!!!!!
So, back on topic for just a simple second, then you can go back to bashing me all you want. You came on here to expound your intelligence on CAI's and SRI's and NSA's and MTV's and whatever else. Somehow along the way, you proved your ignorance on all of the above instead. So because you couldn't get anywhere with that nonsense, you decided to take me on to a "my e-penis is bigger than yours"? Did I get this right? Seems more like you're simply an e-thug with nothing nice to say to anyone. I only chimed in because you were too bullheaded to listen to reason when BC tried to break it down for you to understand, yet you failed to. I could care less, really, considering I don't even have an Aura. But I've been involved in the auto industry since Christ was a Corporal, so I felt I could maybe come in and help BC get you to see this through more clearly. I could sit here and think I'm a failure at teaching. Instead, I'll just chalk it up to you being a moron. Most morons are difficult to reach. So have fun with your belief that short rams are CAI's and such.

Jason
On my 4th and 5th Saturn - 2006 Ion RL Stage 2, 2007 Outlook XR loaded to the gills minus leather and Nav.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NRJIZED's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NRJIZED reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NRJIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #67
CptMatt
CptMatt is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Well put. The advantages of this mod are slight but noticeable.
I knew a mod like this wasn't going to do much. An air intake system is pretty finite system and without actually increasing manifold diameters or other major modifications.

The ol' ya can't get 10 pounds in a 5 pound sack.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CptMatt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CptMatt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CptMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #68
lococrzy
lococrzy is on a distinguished road

ok so, i did this mod on my 4cyl i hvnt unplugged the negative cables yet, im scared i don't want to screw things up idk

has this changed anything on your cars, anything bad happened just want to make sure before i do it.

Thanks,

Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lococrzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lococrzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lococrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #69
bc3tech
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lococrzy View Post
ok so, i did this mod on my 4cyl i hvnt unplugged the negative cables yet, im scared i don't want to screw things up idk

has this changed anything on your cars, anything bad happened just want to make sure before i do it.

Thanks,

Rick
nope, you're good to go unplugging the battery cables just makes the car re-learn its fuel trims. you'll get sub-par gas mileage to start (usually) but it'll gradually get either as good or better than you're getting now.

+rep always appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #70
lococrzy

ok cool man,

Thanks

I hope the MPG gets better because right now its not so hot hmmmm maybe because of my crazy driving lol hahahaha

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help lococrzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #71
bc3tech
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR
Information Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by lococrzy View Post
ok cool man,

Thanks

I hope the MPG gets better because right now its not so hot hmmmm maybe because of my crazy driving lol hahahaha

if you're looking for ways to improve economy, check out my driving tips thread.

+rep always appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #72
nekkidhillbilly
nekkidhillbilly is on a distinguished road

i have something to add rather than removing the whole pipe from under the wheel well you would be better off cutting the resonator off the pipe and re sealing the pipe creating a smooth tube. this tube runs directly out to the bumper creating a ram air effect. removing the whole pipe will only hurt your hp or make no change due to the fact that you loose the ram air effect. plugging the resonator and leaving the pipe will give you a slight gain keeping the ram air effect in tact and loosing the baffle that slows down the airflow. on my duramax truck removing the baffle and plugging the hole was a 3 rwhp gain. not much but it cost me only a few dollars to do. you probably would see less with the aura but any gain in hp is good especially when its nearly free. add a k&n drop in filter and replace the flex parts of the tubing with some smooth rubber pipe and you have pretty much as good as flow as any cai built by the aftermarket. only other slight gain you could do give from the intake is run a cone filter and heat shield with a seal on top of the other mods.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nekkidhillbilly's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nekkidhillbilly reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nekkidhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #73
lococrzy

Is what the last guy said true? would it be better to put the pipe back sans the resonator?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #74
nekkidhillbilly

well its common sense outside air rushing in from the bumper vs underhood engine heat.

2004 duramax 2500hd
1966 buick skylark gs
2008 saturn aura xr

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help nekkidhillbilly reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #75
bc3tech
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR
Thumbs Down Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
well its common sense outside air rushing in from the bumper vs underhood engine heat.
removing the bong does not result in the system pulling engine air.

+rep always appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-26-2008, 07:14 AM   #76
nekkidhillbilly

does the pipe not pull air from outside the bumper or does it pull it from the wheel well area?

2004 duramax 2500hd
1966 buick skylark gs
2008 saturn aura xr

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #77
bc3tech
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
does the pipe not pull air from outside the bumper or does it pull it from the wheel well area?
the piping both with and without the bong pull air from the same area - completely closed-off in the wheel well.

+rep always appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #78
nekkidhillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
the piping both with and without the bong pull air from the same area - completely closed-off in the wheel well.
oh i was under the impression it pulled from the outside from its shape like i said ive never done anything to this car yet ive only had it a week.

well then it is a useless piece

2004 duramax 2500hd
1966 buick skylark gs
2008 saturn aura xr

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #79
bc3tech
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
...well then it is a useless piece
exactly but feel free to have a look & let me know if i missed something or there's a better "easy & free" solution.

+rep always appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #80
nekkidhillbilly

will do theres all kinds of tricks you can do with plumbing to make it run better. if you had a way to make that pipe pull in air from outside the bumper like i thought it did you could build a ram air system cheap. mybeye if we opened up the grill in the fog light area and put a piece of rubber pipe on the end to seal it up and plugged the baffle. just thinking here.

2004 duramax 2500hd
1966 buick skylark gs
2008 saturn aura xr

REWARD EXCELLENCE!