SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos


Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #21
speedair2
New Member
speedair2 is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 2

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

well i found it easier to just get a custom cold air intake but with the intake can you still take the resonator bong off would it still make a differance or be pointless

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to speedair2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help speedair2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
speedair2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #22
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough
 
bc3tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,425
 

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedair2 View Post
well i found it easier to just get a custom cold air intake but with the intake can you still take the resonator bong off would it still make a differance or be pointless
if you do a CAI, res bong delete is inherent in that.

...
+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:21 AM   #23
itshim
Junior Member
itshim is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson
Posts: 25
Default Choked up but now free.........

........flowing that is. This mod is simple and no cost. Sounds great too with that being the primary reason.....more intake roar. You can also get off your back and under the hood and do the open element mod on top of the airbox or just junk about 8 lbs. of intake tubing and airbox from in front of the MAS and clamp on a cone type K&N............As far as an increase in power, a less restricted flow path to the throttle plate can decrease pumping demands by the engine as would higher capacity exhaust system. How much power? The aftermarket hype seems to be around 4-11 HP for CAI systems and around 15HP for larger diameter exhaust systems. You can't beat free and intake roar sounds great on a V6. Happy debating on the butt dyno results!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to itshim's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help itshim reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #24
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough
 
bc3tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,425
 

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR
Thumbs Up Re: Choked up but now free.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
...from in front of the MAS...
I think you mean MAF. And for those wondering where that is:


keep in mind though that by positioning the air intake inside the engine bay, you're sucking in warm air, which is detrimental to engine performance.

...
+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

Last edited by bc3tech; 09-09-2008 at 09:15 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #25
itshim
Junior Member
itshim is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson
Posts: 25
Thumbs Up Re: Choked up but now free.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
I think you mean MAF. And for those wondering where that is:


keep in mind though that by positioning the air intake inside the engine bay, you're sucking in warm air, which is detrimental to engine performance.
.....Thanks bc3, I was thinking in terms of the original achronym for Mass Airflow Sensor. Most of the CAI systems reside under the hood with their open elements and down here in AZ its hot air from the pavement under the car too for 4 months!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to itshim's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help itshim reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #26
XR524
Member
XR524 is on a distinguished road
 
XR524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 432

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

I removed mine today. What a pain in the ass. My fingertips bled a little from trying to pull out those plastic rivets. Oh and you dont have to take that whole shield piece out. I managed to get the resonator out with the shield intact. I only took out 4 rivets and 2 bolts. I didnt bother with any of the rivets on the left side of the wheel well(if youre facing the front right wheel).

The sound change is barely noticeable. I had a 3" Universal performance cone as my filter before, and it was easily 5-10 times more audible than just removing the resonator. However, having just a cone filter might not perform as well because of all the hot air under the hood. So since the new way sounds a little less agressive, it might perform substantially better.

So now I have a K&N air filter in the stock airbox, and the resonator gone. Ill give it a week or two and update with performance comparison of the two, but the cone filter definitely sounds so much better than 'deleting' the intake resonator.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XR524's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XR524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #27
XR524
Member
XR524 is on a distinguished road
 
XR524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 432

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
maybe you didn't pay attention to where your the hole to your intake was before, and where it is now. it's actually about 2-3" HIGHER than it was before, so if you want to ***** about that angle, you should ***** harder about the stock setup.
i have never heard exhaust mods yielding better throttle response - since that, and the sound, were what was "touted" in the first post here
do you have any proof backing up your statement or are you simply going by your butt dyno to attack somebody's mod suggestion? what was the cost of your mod list vs what was outlined here? would you care to post a how-to for it? nobody's ever denounced the validity of exhaust mods, this thread was in response to the lack of CAI options - which something tells me you'd have spent the money on and installed if it were available, and told everybody it was awesome - when in reality it's no different than what's been outlined here.

i must say i used to view you with respect on this board but that was clearly mis-placed.

btw, if you're panties are in that big of a bunch for it not doing anything and being "more prone" to hydrolock, put it back on in another 20 minutes.
swapping for a K&N filter plus removing bong resonator didnt do anything as far as i can tell. Of course the K&N will affect mpg and maybe a few HP, but removing the resonator really didnt seem to do anything

however, an aura is NOT the kind of car you want loud exhaust on. if you do then youre just....weird.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XR524's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XR524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:04 AM   #28
m_sparks79
Member
m_sparks79 is on a distinguished road
 
m_sparks79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 144
 

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR524 View Post
swapping for a K&N filter plus removing bong resonator didnt do anything as far as i can tell. Of course the K&N will affect mpg and maybe a few HP, but removing the resonator really didnt seem to do anything

however, an aura is NOT the kind of car you want loud exhaust on. if you do then youre just....weird.

I don't see anything wrong with a louder deaper performance sounding exhaust, now if it's loud and sounds like a Honda with a fart can then you got a problem...

...
Shane
2007 Aura XR
Current Mods:
- Window tint - Grille chrome - Charcoal 18" G6 Wheels - Blacked out taillights -

Last edited by m_sparks79; 09-26-2008 at 09:11 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to m_sparks79's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help m_sparks79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
m_sparks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 PM   #29
XR524
Member
XR524 is on a distinguished road
 
XR524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 432

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sparks79 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with a louder deaper performance sounding exhaust, now if it's loud and sounds like a Honda with a fart can then you got a problem...
Thats basically what I meant. You dont want an aura to sound cheap or ricey. But for me, loud isnt the way to go on an Aura. If I ever decide to get custom exhaust and pipes and all that, im sure id get the quitest one possible(which still would be quite a bit louder than stock)

Do you know of a good exhaust system that runs quiet during regular cruising/city driving but really opens up when you floor it? Ive heard that dynomax has a couple of so called "quietest performance muffler on the market", but ive yet to see or hear an aura with one installed. Also, I read that the 40 series flowmasters are the quietest they offer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XR524's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XR524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #30
m_sparks79
Member
m_sparks79 is on a distinguished road
 
m_sparks79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 144
 

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR524 View Post
Thats basically what I meant. You dont want an aura to sound cheap or ricey. But for me, loud isnt the way to go on an Aura. If I ever decide to get custom exhaust and pipes and all that, im sure id get the quitest one possible(which still would be quite a bit louder than stock)

Do you know of a good exhaust system that runs quiet during regular cruising/city driving but really opens up when you floor it? Ive heard that dynomax has a couple of so called "quietest performance muffler on the market", but ive yet to see or hear an aura with one installed. Also, I read that the 40 series flowmasters are the quietest they offer.
40 series is actually one the louder ones...
Youtube has a clip of a g6 with and 80 series (basically a crossflow 40 series and it sound out of place. I would imagine a Borla muffler would be right up your alley. I am debating installing a smaller aftermarket exhaust resonator with the stock muffler to see if that gives me a little more sound when I step on the go pedal. I want performance sound when I step on it, but not a lot of noise when its idling. I also have a feeling that that clip of the black Aura with the Maganflow has no exhaust resonator at all, it sounds a little raspy. I bet if you take a Magnaflow with a aftermarket resonator, you would get a nice smooth deep note.

...
Shane
2007 Aura XR
Current Mods:
- Window tint - Grille chrome - Charcoal 18" G6 Wheels - Blacked out taillights -

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to m_sparks79's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help m_sparks79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
m_sparks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #31
XR524
Member
XR524 is on a distinguished road
 
XR524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 432

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sparks79 View Post
40 series is actually one the louder ones...
Youtube has a clip of a g6 with and 80 series (basically a crossflow 40 series and it sound out of place. I would imagine a Borla muffler would be right up your alley. I am debating installing a smaller aftermarket exhaust resonator with the stock muffler to see if that gives me a little more sound when I step on the go pedal. I want performance sound when I step on it, but not a lot of noise when its idling. I also have a feeling that that clip of the black Aura with the Maganflow has no exhaust resonator at all, it sounds a little raspy. I bet if you take a Magnaflow with a aftermarket resonator, you would get a nice smooth deep note.
woops, meant to say 70 series flowmasterm not 40... i get them backawards all the time

i just dont want to customize an exhaust system and then end up not liking it. it sucks because that one video of the black aura is one of the only ones ive seen or heard with aftermarket exhaust. and all the sound clips offered at various retail websites arent helpful either.

dunno what to do! =\

you have a good idea, gettin a smaller resonator, and what if you removed it completely? would it still be street legal? would it be too loud?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XR524's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XR524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #32
m_sparks79
Member
m_sparks79 is on a distinguished road
 
m_sparks79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 144
 

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR524 View Post
woops, meant to say 70 series flowmasterm not 40... i get them backawards all the time

i just dont want to customize an exhaust system and then end up not liking it. it sucks because that one video of the black aura is one of the only ones ive seen or heard with aftermarket exhaust. and all the sound clips offered at various retail websites arent helpful either.

dunno what to do! =\

you have a good idea, gettin a smaller resonator, and what if you removed it completely? would it still be street legal? would it be too loud?
I think it would sound like crap if you removed it completely there is a clip of G6 that just removed it completely, it was loud and raspy.

...
Shane
2007 Aura XR
Current Mods:
- Window tint - Grille chrome - Charcoal 18" G6 Wheels - Blacked out taillights -

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to m_sparks79's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help m_sparks79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
m_sparks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #33
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough
 
bc3tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,425
 

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR
Roll Eyes Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR524 View Post
I removed mine today. What a pain in the ass. My fingertips bled a little from trying to pull out those plastic rivets...
somebody's never worked w/ plastic rivets before.... you use a flat-blade screwdriver... with as-needed coaxing by a pliers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR524 View Post
swapping for a K&N filter plus removing bong resonator didnt do anything ... removing the resonator really didnt seem to do anything
??? the write-up was geared towards sound and throttle response. if you are coming from a cone-filter-only setup, then of course it won't "do anything"... you just went backward as far as airflow and sound go

...
+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #34
XR524
Member
XR524 is on a distinguished road
 
XR524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 432

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
somebody's never worked w/ plastic rivets before.... you use a flat-blade screwdriver... with as-needed coaxing by a pliers.
??? the write-up was geared towards sound and throttle response. if you are coming from a cone-filter-only setup, then of course it won't "do anything"... you just went backward as far as airflow and sound go
I have worked with rivets before, and I did use a flathead screwdriver, and my vise grips are ****ty. So yes, I had a hard time. So what?

I know what the write up was geared towards. And I put my two cents in, it didnt do anything to throttle response. Also, before I removed the resonator, I put the intake system back to stock so that I could compare the sound and performance. If you kept up with my posts, youd know that. My goal was to find out which is the best way to go with intake. And so far, the performance cone filter didnt perform as well as the K&N stock airbox filter but it does sound better. So I think youre wrong in this case

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XR524's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XR524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #35
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough
 
bc3tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,425
 

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
...most CAI systems come with a new filter, usually a wire-mesh design (vs the paper type of most OEM filters) which also allows for more free-flowing air, but also filters the air just as well as they use an oil-based coating (which needs to be "recharged" every once in a while) to grab the dirt particles out of the air
...
Most people who have done this mod, or installed a CAI in a car, will tell you the first couple of things they notice are the sound and the better throttle response....
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR524 View Post
...the performance cone filter didnt perform as well as the K&N stock airbox filter but it does sound better. So I think youre wrong in this case

...
+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #36
XR524
Member
XR524 is on a distinguished road
 
XR524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 432

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
One persons word against another. Youre basically saying im wrong and you are correct. Look, Ive done a lot of testing with three different intake setups, not to mention dealt with several other cars and their aftermarket intakes. The fact is, not all performance cone filters and CAIs are good. You gotta go with a GOOD name brand to notice much of a difference in performance or sound(ractive, JDM, AEM etc), and even then, they dont perform as well as the stock airbox + K&N panel filter simply because of the air intake temperature. They call it cold air intake, but it really isnt literally cold. And heat shields dont do squat either. Nothing brings in cooler air than the stock airbox for an Aura. Thats just common sense...air outside the engine compartment is always going to be cooler than the inside. The only reason cones sound better is the shape, its got nothing to do with how well it filters the air. The K&N filter in stock air box works better in my Aura, then the performance cone filter/custom CAI. So how do you explain that?

Last edited by XR524; 10-02-2008 at 10:35 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XR524's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XR524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #37
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough
 
bc3tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,425
 

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR524 View Post
One persons word against another. Youre basically saying im wrong and you are correct. Look, Ive done a lot of testing with three different intake setups, not to mention dealt with several other cars and their aftermarket intakes. The fact is, not all performance cone filters and CAIs are good. You gotta go with a GOOD name brand to notice much of a difference in performance or sound(ractive, JDM, AEM etc), and even then, they dont perform as well as the stock airbox + K&N panel filter simply because of the air intake temperature. They call it cold air intake, but it really isnt literally cold. And heat shields dont do squat either. Nothing brings in cooler air than the stock airbox for an Aura. Thats just common sense...air outside the engine compartment is always going to be cooler than the inside. The only reason cones sound better is the shape, its got nothing to do with how well it filters the air. The K&N filter in stock air box works better in my Aura, then the performance cone filter/custom CAI. So how do you explain that?
you really don't get it do you.
1) where in my post did i say to use a cone filter?
2) where did i say to use a cai system?

the whole point of this thread IS to use the stock air box! and i added a recommendation for a wire/mesh filter IN the stock location!
Quote:
Nothing brings in cooler air than the stock airbox for an Aura....air outside the engine compartment is always going to be cooler than the inside
if you're saying that in reference to the 'cold air intakes' you've tested with, you haven't used a real cold air intake - plain and simple.

...
+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #38
XR524
Member
XR524 is on a distinguished road
 
XR524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 432

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
you really don't get it do you.
1) where in my post did i say to use a cone filter?
2) where did i say to use a cai system?

the whole point of this thread IS to use the stock air box! and i added a recommendation for a wire/mesh filter IN the stock location!
if you're saying that in reference to the 'cold air intakes' you've tested with, you haven't used a real cold air intake - plain and simple.
Im not talking about top of the line CAIs, no. By the way, the good CAIs bring in the same tempterature air of stock intake, assuming the stock intake already bring in the air from outside the engine bay. Im referring to short rams and simple cone filters. However, not all CAIs get their air from outside engine bays. Its just common sense, air outside engine bay will always be cooler than inside. And yes Ive seen and dealt with many CAIs that have "heat shields" for example, which couldnt be more useless.

You know what? Maybe Id understand you a little better if you posted more than a smiley face as a reply. Grow up. How is that supposed to get your point across?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XR524's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XR524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #39
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough
 
bc3tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,425
 

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR
Roll Eyes Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR524 View Post
...the good CAIs bring in the same tempterature air of stock intake, assuming the stock intake already bring in the air from outside the engine bay...
big assumption - i'd advise you also compare the pipe size between stock and an aftermarket, as well as the # of bends. look at the air routing in the aura, you mean to tell me that a CAI for the aura which would draw the air through filter, ONE bend & into engine, would not be better than the way the air has to go in, down, back up, thru the filter, through the "accordion" bend, then into the engine?
Quote:
Im referring to short rams and simple cone filters.
which are not CAIs
Quote:
not all CAIs get their air from outside engine bays.
then it is not a CAI. period.

...
+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #40
XR524
Member
XR524 is on a distinguished road
 
XR524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 432

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura Intake Resonator Bong Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
big assumption - i'd advise you also compare the pipe size between stock and an aftermarket, as well as the # of bends. look at the air routing in the aura, you mean to tell me that a CAI for the aura which would draw the air through filter, ONE bend & into engine, would not be better than the way the air has to go in, down, back up, thru the filter, through the "accordion" bend, then into the engine?which are not CAIsthen it is not a CAI. period.
How would the number of bends and all that have anything to do with air temperature? if i blow air through a straight straw, its gonna be the same temperature if i bend the straw 3 times and blow again.

You couldnt be more wrong about CAIs ONLY drawing cold air from outside the egine bay. I went to so many websites, AEM, K&N, and youre simply wrong. A LOT of CAIs draw air from inside the actual engine bay. For example, heres one http://www.performancecenter.com/col...-intake-system That one IS a cold air intake and doesnt get its air from outside the engine bay, and only has a heat shield, which doesnt affect the temp all that much. Just helps a little, I know because Ive tested them. Still not as cool as air OUTSIDE the bay. Do some research before you think you are 100% correct on something.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XR524's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XR524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vue resonator delete joaca 2008 Vue 6 01-13-2009 11:55 AM
intake resonator mkapp S-Series General 5 01-01-2006 12:58 AM
Air intake..."bong or no bong" 05vueblue Vue General 2 09-11-2005 12:59 PM
Took off the intake resonator... Rob1998SL2 Mods and Performance 16 06-29-2003 08:20 PM
intake resonator ProFighterQ Ion General 3 03-26-2003 03:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SaturnFans.com. The Saturn Enthusiasts Site.