SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
InlawsSaturns
InlawsSaturns is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
2002 SC2
Default Vue Hesitation

Its my inlaws Vue, it hesitates ariund 15-20 mph. Its either a 2002-2003...Not sure. But its a 6cyl. and Im not sure of the mileage, but Im wondering if it needs plugs? When I brought it up to my FIL, he said, "oh it doesnt have plugs, it has glow plugs" I about Died, I told my MIL that only Diesels have glow plugs and sent her an email with info. Anyways, what other causes could this be from? Thanks in advance!

Great site

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to InlawsSaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help InlawsSaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
InlawsSaturns is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Vue Hesitation

Tell your FIL that even diesels have plugs, glow plugs to be exact and if he refuses to acknowledge that his Vue has spark plugs then he risks a breakdown eventually. This isn't to scare him but to make him aware that vehicles do need maintenance every now and then, and not doing anything about it now can be very costly later on. If he trusts you as his SIL then he'll listen to reason. Plugs are needed every 100,000 miles as well as replacement of the timing belt and water pump since the pump is not easily accessed unless the timing covers are removed for belt replacement. These are costly maintenance issues if done by Saturn but less if done by a good local mechanic.

The hesitation can be from anything; the EGR valve sticking, dirty throttle actuator control (true throttle-by-wire), dirty air filter, mass airflow sensor (MAF), and more. Without some more information its just guessing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote