SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
Dingo Warrior
Dingo Warrior is on a distinguished road

1994 SC1
Default What happens if you kink/bend a fuel line during fuel filter installation?

Hey, I bent a fuel line over while replacing the filter...is this a big deal? You can see where it was bent...I'm thinking it might create a leak someday in the future?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dingo Warrior's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dingo Warrior reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dingo Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
Dingo Warrior
Dingo Warrior is on a distinguished road

1994 SC1
Default Re: What happens if you kink/bend a fuel line during fuel filter installation?

oh and its a rubber type line

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dingo Warrior's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dingo Warrior reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dingo Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
dsbike
dsbike is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2
Default Re: What happens if you kink/bend a fuel line during fuel filter installation?

Rubber fuel lines are very thick & resilient. You should have no problem with it due to bending it, it will reshape itself. However rubber fuel lines are subject to cracking & deteriating. If you noticed any cracking or splitting or the rubber felt like it got goey from the fuel it is time to replace it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dsbike's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dsbike reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
CND_SC1
Advanced Member
CND_SC1 is on a distinguished road

1994 SC1

Rubber fuel lines? So I guess there'd be no need to prep with penetrating oil before going to pull of a really old one?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CND_SC1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CND_SC1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CND_SC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
paqrat
paqrat is on a distinguished road

1993 SL1
1999 SL2

If its rubber you shouldnt have any problem , but if its a Saturn, you probably have some type of plastic line. I kinked the fuel line on a '92SL1 changing the fuel filter the first time and was worried about it but it never did leak. Now I have a '93SL1 and a '95SL2 , both of which use the same fuel filter as the'92, and I loosen the fuel line from its hangers for a couple of feet behind the fuel filter to allow me to move the fuel line around without kinking it. It takes a 10mm socket to remove the speednuts from the hangers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to paqrat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help paqrat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
paqrat is offline   Reply With Quote