SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
rununix
rununix is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Picked up my 07 XE and already questions.

used with 13159 miles. scored an awesome deal.
Drives great, but noticed a few things:
1. Fuel Economy reported by the display says 17.5. It got there from inital 14 slowly. Is this normal or that calculation is just not precise and I should rely only on the manual calculation? I have not driven more than say 70 miles yet.

2. Seatbelt warning sound and indicator turned on a few times for 3 beeps and then immediately stopped. Not terribly annoying, but still...

Your answers are appreciated. It is my first car buying experience so I have a lot less hair right now and I'd like to keep it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rununix's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rununix reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rununix is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2008, 03:24 AM   #2
snobrdrdan
Advanced Member
snobrdrdan is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Picked up my 07 XE and already questions.

In response to your questions:

1. I picked up my car 2 months ago (new) with 45 miles on it & the DIC said 14.5 MPG or something

After 1700 miles of driving, it's been at a steady 23.3 MPG in my '08 XR 3.6
That's mainly 70% city & 30% highway

2. If you put on your seatbelt the chime/warning goes off....DUH!

2009 VW GTI

FRO: 2007 Ion REDLINE -- 8/06-3/08
2008 Aura XR -- 3/08-8/08

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snobrdrdan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snobrdrdan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rununix View Post
1. Fuel Economy reported by the display says 17.5. It got there from inital 14 slowly. Is this normal or that calculation is just not precise and I should rely only on the manual calculation?
The displayed number is only accurate for the time span that the computer required to calculate and update the display and is repeated every 30 seconds or so. The accuracy is only for that brief time period and never reflective of the entire tank of gas. You can see it change drastically by simply flooring the gas pedal from a standing start as you enter onto a highway from the on-ramp. Keep the pedal at least half way down and watch the display update with a new lower fuel economy. Now drive in granny mode with very little change in pedal position for another minute or so. Another new update on fuel useage? How useful is this is in how you want to interpret the display. Its a reminder of present gas useage from the last minute or so but cannot predict overall fuel use since you haven't used the fuel yet!? The manual method is still the only way to calculate accurate fuel use from fill-up to fill-up. The display is gimmicky at worst and useful at best to help stoplight racers learn techniques to conserve fuel.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
rununix
rununix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post

2. If you put on your seatbelt the chime/warning goes off....DUH!
Seatbelt is on. I'd never drive without it. Today it didn't do it though at all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rununix's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rununix reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rununix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:10 AM   #5
snobrdrdan
Advanced Member
snobrdrdan is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rununix View Post
Seatbelt is on. I'd never drive without it. Today it didn't do it though at all.
Oh okay....well good then!

As for it chiming.....dunno man.....it's only supposed to do that if you don't have it clicked in

Same thing for the passenger seat (if there is an occupant in it)

2009 VW GTI

FRO: 2007 Ion REDLINE -- 8/06-3/08
2008 Aura XR -- 3/08-8/08

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snobrdrdan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snobrdrdan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote