SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default GM Indicates it Will Increase Ad Spending to Boost Awareness of Saturn Models

A new story entry has been added:

GM Indicates it Will Increase Ad Spending to Boost Awareness of Saturn Models

Quote:
Automotive News reports that Troy Clarke, president of General Motors NA, recognizes and understands that there's an awareness issue with its Saturn brand. Despite having the freshest lineup in the business, GM has found that most folks who are in the market for a new car don't realize Saturn has completely overhauled its entire lineup.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #2
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: GM Indicates it Will Increase Ad Spending to Boost Awareness of Saturn Models

It's about f-ing time! We've only been saying this for years.

Next up is at least doubling the number of retailers. People aren't going to frequent a retailer that's 50 miles away.

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #3
ChgoBlues
ChgoBlues is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: GM Indicates it Will Increase Ad Spending to Boost Awareness of Saturn Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
It's about f-ing time! We've only been saying this for years.

Next up is at least doubling the number of retailers. People aren't going to frequent a retailer that's 50 miles away.
I couldn't agree with you more! It will be interesting to see how they go about it and what mediums will be used.

08 Astra XR 3 door
Twilight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards

08 Sky Red Line
Midnight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards
Opel GT Antenna

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChgoBlues's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChgoBlues reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChgoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:15 AM   #4
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChgoBlues View Post
I couldn't agree with you more! It will be interesting to see how they go about it and what mediums will be used.
They need to do television first and foremost. I want to see commercials so much that I find myself humming the background track, like those freakin' KIA commercials, just less stupid. And buy space on big networks. We watch Bravo (Top Chef and Project Runway) and BBC America (TopGear) - the only places I've ever seen a Saturn commercial - but many more people watch ABC, CBS, and NBC. Saturn has goods vehicles now, so flippin' act like it.

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #5
nasaman
nasaman is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
1994 SW2
Heart Re: GM Indicates it Will Increase Ad Spending to Boost Awareness of Saturn Models

One of the cleverist, most riveting online ads I've ever seen is a brilliant, movie-like, interactive & visually exciting ad used for the Vauxhall Antara (Saturn VUE). I'd like Saturn to adapt this interactive movie for the nearly-identical VUE (that's got to be pretty easy) and put it on saturn.com. After you've had a look at the link below, post any comments you have here. Be sure to use the accelerator & brake pedals!

Proposed visually-exciting, highly-informative Saturn VUE online ad: http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/microsi...dex_flash.html

Last edited by nasaman; 05-12-2008 at 10:57 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nasaman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nasaman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nasaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
Pete93SL1M
Pete93SL1M is on a distinguished road

Saturn? Who makes them again? Korean, right?
I saw on o'them auroras on the road the other day, looked pretty good but I think the offlander is more our big family speed. I looked at a vee-you-ee in the parking lot and it didn't look big enough.

..aka GMinTheDriveway
Former Saturn Sales Consultant
Give me choices in powertrain, great handling and decent MPG and I will buy a Saturn again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pete93SL1M's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pete93SL1M reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pete93SL1M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
They need to do television first and foremost. I want to see commercials so much that I find myself humming the background track, like those freakin' KIA commercials, just less stupid. And buy space on big networks. We watch Bravo (Top Chef and Project Runway) and BBC America (TopGear) - the only places I've ever seen a Saturn commercial - but many more people watch ABC, CBS, and NBC. Saturn has goods vehicles now, so flippin' act like it.
Saturn ads are all over the History and Sci-Fi channel in most the markets I've seen. They do avoid the traditional networks like the plague...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #8
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete93SL1M View Post
Saturn? Who makes them again? Korean, right?
I saw on o'them auroras on the road the other day, looked pretty good but I think the offlander is more our big family speed. I looked at a vee-you-ee in the parking lot and it didn't look big enough.

hahaha. Seriously!

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #9
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

I think that more ads would be great.

I can't believe how many people I've been showing my Aura off to that say things like "I didn't even know they had those things.."

My grandfather thought they still made the S-Series.. "You get one of those little cars with no grille, and no name on it?"

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote