SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Current 2.4 owners: Do you plan to trade your 4 speed for the 6 speed?
Yes 0 0%
No 6 100.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
Aratech
Aratech is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Any reason to upgrade to the 2.4 w\6 speed over the current 4 speed?

I've been hearing that the Aura 2.4L will have a 6 speed option for the 2009 model. Any reason to trade in the the 08 2.4L 4 speed for that one?

Drive it like gas is $10 a gallon!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Aratech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Aratech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Aratech is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Any reason to upgrade to the 2.4 w\6 speed over the current 4 speed?

No... IMO it's not going to make a major impact in mileage. It may be a little quicker.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
djreed
djreed is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Any reason to upgrade to the 2.4 w\6 speed over the current 4 speed?

While I think it is a great improvement, it should increase highway mileage by 6% or more and also improve acceleration, it will not cause me to trade. The 4cyl 4speed is a great car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to djreed's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help djreed reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
djreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

It should get the same mileage as the Malibu 4 banger/6 speed which is 22/32 a 2 MPG improvement on the highway.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
Taxman
Taxman is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratech View Post
I've been hearing that the Aura 2.4L will have a 6 speed option for the 2009 model. Any reason to trade in the the 08 2.4L 4 speed for that one?
This is a smart move for Saturn.
However it wouldn't seem worth it to trade an '08 for the '09 just for the tranny - unless the loss from depreciation is no issue.
My brother in law is the lead mechanic in a dealership and says the 6 speed has been bullet proof.
I sure like it mated to my '08 3.6.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Taxman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Taxman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
This is a smart move for Saturn.
However it wouldn't seem worth it to trade an '08 for the '09 just for the tranny - unless the loss from depreciation is no issue.
My brother in law is the lead mechanic in a dealership and says the 6 speed has been bullet proof.
I sure like it mated to my '08 3.6.
The 6-speed used with the 4-cyl is a different transmission, actually.

And yes, they are now in production with some late '08 Malibu LTZ's which are the first to get the 2.4L/6-speed combo. ALL Aura's for '09 will have that pair standard, as will 2LT and up Malibus.

We have a current 4-speed model and are very pleased with it. After a few thousand miles, however, I can see where 2 extra cogs might help it from revving out so much, which the more widely spaced 4 gears can--which has an effect on economy. As of now, the 2.4L is very much kept lively and in its rev band, but also revved out quite a bit.

I'd buy another 2.4L/4-speed right now without debate, but will be driving one of the new Malibu 2.4L/6-speeds soon (they're on lots, and have been for a couple of weeks) to compare. I'm very tempted by an '09 with the said combo...but not to trade, just another to add to the stable.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote