SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you have a GM card?
Yes 18 41.86%
No 22 51.16%
No, but I will be applying for one 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Question Do you have a GM card?

In light of Saturn's recent announcement that it is joining the GM card program, a lot of GM cardmembers will be able to use their earnings towards the purchase or lease of a new Astra, Aura, Outlook, Sky, or, Vue. Do you have a GM card? If not, will you be applying for one?

Post your thoughts.

Thanks!
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 07:15 AM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Do you have a GM card?

my lifetime redemtions are 4200 bucks. not sure why anyone wouldnt have one if you buy gm cars. we had a guy about 10 years ago redeam 5600 on a 8999 metro. almost got he car for free. gold used to have 7000 maximum redemtion per car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:34 AM   #3
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

I've got a GMm Visa through TD Canada Trust. The oints have been good on Saturns for a while over here. I almost used them on a 2007 VUE LedLine back in August, but I went with a used Silverado Z71 instead, so I didn't get to use my points.

My mom used my dad's card's earnings for her new 2005 VUE in August of 2005.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
dschrader
Advanced Member
dschrader is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2007 ION-2 Sedan

I carry the extended family card. We usually have $500-$1000 in earnings every time the wife's lease comes due.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dschrader's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dschrader reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dschrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Pete93SL1M
Pete93SL1M is on a distinguished road

I think I have almost $500 on mine but I don't use it because the rate is higher than my Amex. I rarely (read: only once or twice if you count my wife's GMC) buy new cars anyway but I am certainly happy I now have the option of spending these mythical GM dollars towards GM's best brand.

..aka GMinTheDriveway
Former Saturn Sales Consultant
Give me choices in powertrain, great handling and decent MPG and I will buy a Saturn again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pete93SL1M's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pete93SL1M reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pete93SL1M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #6
nivlem7
Advanced Member
nivlem7 is on a distinguished road

Never heard of it. Tell me more. Is it a credit card?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nivlem7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nivlem7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nivlem7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #7
SGG
SGG is on a distinguished road

About time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SGG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SGG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

I never bothered getting one because you couldn't use it on a Saturn in the US. After I bought my Red Line I was sent an app every month for the first year. I shredded all of them.

Finally GM realized Saturn is no longer an exclusive entity, so why not allow the GM points be used for a purchase.

It would have been to Saturn's advantage if they would have started their own card program to keep owners loyal to their brand.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #9
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivlem7 View Post
Never heard of it. Tell me more. Is it a credit card?
Yes. In the US it's a MasterCard. In Canada it's a Visa. You earn points towards a new GM vehicle with your purchases.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:44 AM   #10
rossao1
Advanced Member
rossao1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

And I dont want one. Had one years ago, and bought an OLDSMOBILE Achieva because I could get a discount. What a mistake that was.

A Saturn owner since 10/91.
'92 SC, '91 SL2, 95 SW1, '06 ION3
other car- '02 Expedition 5.4L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rossao1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rossao1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rossao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #11
k2qo
k2qo is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2009 AURA XR

YUP. I had the original, then converted to the Extend Family version when it came out due to the GM discount. But here's the funny part. A few months ago I began shopping for a Jeep, either a new Liberty or Patriot. I had over $500 on the card and cashed it out to buy the Jeep.

Then last night I test drove a Patriot and a Vue back to back.This Saturday I'll be picking up a an 08 Vue XE in red and using the remaining $40 on my GM Card.

FWIW, my lifetime card dollars redeemed is about $7000.
-96 Chevy P/U
-99 Buick Regal GSE
-02 Buick Rendezvue
-08 Saturn Vue

Best regards,
Mark
Clarence, NY

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to k2qo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help k2qo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
k2qo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:16 AM   #12
steelerman
steelerman is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Thumbs Down Re: Do you have a GM card?

Just got my GM Extended Family card and I have to say that I have not been pleased.

First, I received several phone calls as they tried to sell me various things like Credit Report monitoring and some sort of insurance in case I am disabled and can't pay my bill.

Second, I tried to use the card at Sears (over $1,000.00 purchase) but it was declined. I tried their 24/7 Customer Service number and could not get through after three tries. When I called the next day, they said that they had put a Fraud Alert on my card because I tried to use it at Sears. No explanation as to why they did not call me or why I could not get through on their cusotmer service line that day.

My wife was ready to cut the card up and mail it back......:

|||Steelerman|||

Current Vehicles:
10 VW Jetta 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition (wife's "little red turbo")
08 MB CLK350 (my daily driver)
07 Aura XR (currently on loan to my son)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to steelerman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help steelerman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
steelerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #13
k2qo
k2qo is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2009 AURA XR

Steelerman,

In December of 2004 I was buying a 2005 Vibe for my daughter at the Pontiac dealer. I asked him how much I could put on my GM card. He says they'll allow $1000. OK, go I ahead I say. He comes back a few minutes later saying that the card was declined. Mind you I put $2K+ on the card every month and pay every bill in full every month. It's not like my first purchase!

I called GM card services and had to talk to 2 regulars plus a supervisor. Same deal, the purchase was flagged as fraudulent. They finally allowed the charge when I told the supervisor that I was asking for a pair of scissors. Imagine that!

Best regards,
Mark in Clarence, NY

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to k2qo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help k2qo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
k2qo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #14
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

at least they arnt all that bad, ive had mine for 13 years and have bever had a problem. one time a charge was put on by someone and they were great helping me take it off. best catd ive ever had. i guess they are like many things. to some they are good and some bad. depends on the situation and who you end up dealing with. just like buying a car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #15
TXSaturn02
Master Member
TXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura aboutTXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura aboutTXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura about

2002 SL2

Had one in the past, but I closed the account. Of all the credit card companies I've dealt with, this is the worst one. They charged me a late fee once because I never received a bill for the month. Turns out that my mailing address had been changed somehow and they blamed it on that, but they insist that I was still responsible and would not work with me. The people in customer service were rude.

GM back then claimed that they were not associated with the GM card. The whole thing smells rotten to me.

2002 SL2 Manual - new in November, 2001
Sticker: $13,995 As of 09/30/17: 223,751 Miles - SOLD

2013 Mazda 3 HB - new in October 2012
Sticker: $20,850 As of 09/30/17: 38,381 Miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TXSaturn02's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TXSaturn02 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TXSaturn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #16
OnDaGround
Master Member
OnDaGround has a spectacular aura aboutOnDaGround has a spectacular aura about

1993 SC2

I don't buy enough from saturn for that. They wouldn't make it that easy to accomplish a significant amount of money. But I haven't read any of the details so I can't really say that can I

Saturnless...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OnDaGround's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OnDaGround reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OnDaGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #17
ChgoBlues
ChgoBlues is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

I do now that Saturn is included.

08 Astra XR 3 door
Twilight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards

08 Sky Red Line
Midnight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards
Opel GT Antenna

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChgoBlues's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChgoBlues reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChgoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #18
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

I have no credit yet, seeing as I'm just 18.. But I would if I did!

If they had a student earnings card, that would be fantastic!

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #19
gmsuv
gmsuv will become famous soon enough

2008 VUE 3.6L

Have had A GM Credit card since they came out. Have used the earnings on many GM vehicle purchases, including the '08 Vue, that I bought in Oct. I thought all GM employees had one to use along with their employee discount to get a reduced price on GM cars and trucks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmsuv's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmsuv reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmsuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #20
Keviefriend
Keviefriend is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

Nope, guess I don't deserve one... They turned me down. Guess my money's not good enough

Kev

98 SL2M red loaded+working sunroof 135K miles sold 2011
95 SL1M teal totalled November 08.
99 Yahama Razz scooter

Looking for another under $1k in or somewhat near Minneapolis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Keviefriend's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Keviefriend reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Keviefriend is offline   Reply With Quote