SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Meet the Next-Generation Saturn Aura

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Meet the Next-Generation Saturn Aura

Quote:
From MotorTrend.com: GM's European wing has officially leaked photos of disguised Opel Insignias on test. Insignia replaces the Vectra, which is the Saturn Aura's donor car. The Insignia will be revealed at the London Motor Show on July 22nd.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #2
slepr
slepr is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA Green Line
1994 SL2
Default Re: Meet the Next-Generation Saturn Aura

Sad to see that they are not going to offer a dual-mode powertrain . Simply upgrading the BAS technology will not cut it for dramatically improving mileage like a 2 mode system. I would really love to stick with Saturn but if the Chevy Volt truly happens in 2010 then that will be my trade-in year for my GL.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to slepr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help slepr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
slepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #3
lbhskier37
lbhskier37 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slepr View Post
Sad to see that they are not going to offer a dual-mode powertrain . Simply upgrading the BAS technology will not cut it for dramatically improving mileage like a 2 mode system. I would really love to stick with Saturn but if the Chevy Volt truly happens in 2010 then that will be my trade-in year for my GL.
I'm pretty sure saying the Volt by 2010 is a publicity stunt, that will never happen.
I'm dissapointed they said nothing about offering one of the diesel powerplants from the Opel. I would rather not have all that hype-bred garbage on there anyways. For the small gain it makes servicing a vehicle un-necessarily difficult and expensive.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lbhskier37's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lbhskier37 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lbhskier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
3xsaturnowner
3xsaturnowner is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2004 ION-3 Sedan

Not impressed. I think the styling is much better on this generation.

Leave the gun...take the cannoli

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 3xsaturnowner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 3xsaturnowner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
3xsaturnowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: Meet the Next-Generation Saturn Aura

It's hard to tell how big -- and how much bigger than the current Aura -- the new Aura will be. I've heard the Insignia will be about 8" longer than the current Vectra, which would make the Insignia about as long as our Aura. That would make the new Aura around that size, too, but the wheelbase looks shorter. I've also heard the Insignia will be taller than the Vectra. No specs on Epsilon II have been released, so I guess we wait.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thatjerryguy is offline   Reply With Quote